Back on the Wagon!

Options

Replies

• ElJefePerron
    ElJefePerron Posts: 88 Member
    Options

Thanks Eljeffe!

Dogs are the best exercise buddies. They never say no to a good walk.

Jill[/quote]

For sure! 4 days in a row now. Mine were racing as soon as I came back outside after arriving home. They actually flip when they see me reaching for doggie poo bags.

• asjt678
    asjt678 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Your dog is so frigging cute!!! I want to give her a big hug. ;)
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,786 Member
    Options
    asjt678 wrote: »
    Your dog is so frigging cute!!! I want to give her a big hug. ;)

She would love that! <3
    She still acts like a puppy and knocks over small children
  • Jeyradan
    Jeyradan Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Jeyradan wrote: »
    Mini goals:
    - stay in deficit every day I don't have an event*
    - stay in overall deficit each week (by making up for "event" days on other days)
    - try to figure out which macros keep me most satisfied for longest

Freebies:
    - log all food every day (slightly obsessive, so I always do anyway)
    - at least 30 minutes of exercise every day (something I already do at least six days a week)
    - try to figure out which macros are my trouble areas (giveaway; it's going to be carbs)

Ironically, I managed to blow several of these mini-goals yesterday (including one of my freebies!), literally the day I joined up here. Surprise evening changes of plans resulted in way more calories than I was expecting, plus missing my aikido class and having no chance to make up for it with anything else. This isn't a recurring problem (it's happened once before in five and a half months), but it's a setback.

It'll take me a couple of days (at least!) to make up for last night's excesses, so my plan is to work hard on that today and tomorrow, and then take fresh aim at those mini-goals again starting on Friday. (My "weight loss week" runs Friday to Friday because I weigh myself on Friday mornings.)

Wish me luck this time...
  • jm216
    Options
    We can get through our minor setbacks!
    We're not burying our head in the sand with the weight piling on... We're watching and adjusting, and moving forward. Here's to a great Wednesday!

Jill
  • jm216
    Options
    Down 2 this morning.... Happy Dance!!!
  • Jeyradan
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    Down 2 this morning.... Happy Dance!!!

Congratulations!
  • MsDeeHawk12
    MsDeeHawk12 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Same story here.... I lost 45 lbs and put it all back on. Jumped back on the band wagon with both feet 3 weeks ago and planning to stick with it. You go JM! You've got this! B)
  • jm216
    Options
    Same story here.... I lost 45 lbs and put it all back on. Jumped back on the band wagon with both feet 3 weeks ago and planning to stick with it. You go JM! You've got this! B)

So proud of you, Dee!

Jill
  • jm216
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

The weekend is in sight. Have a fantastic day <3

Jill
  • jm216
    Options
    The scale is starting to move down again. No self sabotage today. I am strong!
  • jm216
    Options
    Ode to Roxie

My dearest fluffy dog
    Thank you for always being ready
    To walk with me

Even when you're sleeping
    You're always ready to go
    At the drop of a hat

Thank you, Roxie! <3

Love, mom
  • heathershaw4785
    heathershaw4785 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I am in the same boat as you but I have shifted my mindset and am all in! You/we can do this. Keep at it and don't let one setback derail you. Stay the course even if you have a bad day. Good luck!
  • jm216
    Options
    Welcome back! I am in the same boat as you but I have shifted my mindset and am all in! You/we can do this. Keep at it and don't let one setback derail you. Stay the course even if you have a bad day. Good luck!

I'm with you, Heather. It has everything to do with the right mindset. Thanks for the wise advice!

Jill
  • jm216
    Options
    Feeling good tonight. Under my calories and 3 dog walks today...36 minutes total. Have a great night!
  • Jeyradan
    Options
    Had a good couple of days. Working hard to save up enough deficit to make up for my calorie overage on Tuesday, and as of tonight, I should be overall in the green again! It's not easy to earn so many extra calories and then leave them on the table, but technically I ate them all ahead of time on Tuesday night...

I'll weigh myself on Saturday morning (instead of my usual Friday morning) and consider that checkpoint a fresh start at my mini-goals. No more setbacks!
  • louisepaul16
    louisepaul16 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Jeyradan wrote: »
    Had a good couple of days. Working hard to save up enough deficit to make up for my calorie overage on Tuesday, and as of tonight, I should be overall in the green again! It's not easy to earn so many extra calories and then leave them on the table, but technically I ate them all ahead of time on Tuesday night...

I'll weigh myself on Saturday morning (instead of my usual Friday morning) and consider that checkpoint a fresh start at my mini-goals. No more setbacks!

That's great. Well done for being so disciplined to make up for the additional you ate. Well done you!

I'm off to a chocolate factory tomorrow, and going for tea afterwards. As I am
    Doing sugar free I don't think this is such a good idea, but it's a special occasion for a friend and I agreed to go ages ago.
  • louisepaul16
    louisepaul16 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    ^^^^dont know what happened to the rest of my quote but anyway.

I've decided to only have 2 samples of chocolate and if dark is available I will have that. And for tea I will just make the best choice available.

I ate so many free samples at the chocolate factory last time
    I was nearly sick, so
    Moderation this time is key. Haha, I agreed I would have one sweet thing per month, and this is it this month. :)
  • jm216
    Options
    You've got this Louise! I believe in you.

Jill
  • jm216
    Options
    ^^^^dont know what happened to the rest of my quote but anyway.

I've decided to only have 2 samples of chocolate and if dark is available I will have that. And for tea I will just make the best choice available.

I ate so many free samples at the chocolate factory last time
    I was nearly sick, so
    Moderation this time is key. Haha, I agreed I would have one sweet thing per month, and this is it this month. :)

My son HATES chocolate....I really don't understand how we're related....so I should have sent him with you! He would've helped you out.