JM 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• courtneylwatson
    courtneylwatson Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    L1D5 finished! I felt like it was (still a tough workout) so much easier today. I do girly push-ups, but I don't feel too bad about it because my husband only does half of them all manly like. Maybe by the end we can do them all manly. We just started this whole exercising thing this month so this is GREAT for us. My diet was crap today. We were out and about all day and then went grocery shopping this evening so I went way under on my calories but bought nothing but healthy fresh foods at the grocery store.
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    YAY congrats everyone! Tomorrow will be day 9 for me, almost done L1! BUT I am going to be away for the weekend, so I'm going to do it tomorrow before I leave, and Sunday when I get back, but won't be able to on Saturday... do you think it would be better to do it twice tomorrow, or to just add an extra day? I'm thinking I'll just add a day, but if anyone thinks differently please let me know! Thanks and great job everyone, keep it up!! :)
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Is 30DS really meant to be done for 30 days in a row? Aren't you supposed to "rest" your muscles in between workouts? Of those of you doing it every day, are you using weights daily too?

I have the DVD sitting here but I feel kind of intimated to try it. I've been doing one of Jackie Warner's DVDs for about a month (3-4 days/week) but I can't tell a difference in my body... except that I feel like eating all the time :P

Thank you!

i take a rest day once a week- but tech that rest day is my zumba day! lol! you can rest your body to rest your body. no harm to that, makes you stronger for next time :)
  • M_lifts
    Options
    oh and i managed the walkout pushups yesterday in level 2! woohoo! but its taken a longggg time!
  • Evotchka
    Evotchka Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I just did day 2 and tjradd you were so right! I'm so glad no one saw me doing this that morning cause I was grunting and huffin and puffin haha. But I didn't stop! And I swear I can already see a slight difference (probably because my muscles are just pumped up right now) which keeps me motivated. Along with all of you guys of course :)
  • pawprintsinthesand
    Options
    L2D2 Today, not as bad as I was expecting. However as my upper body strength/ abs is poor due to having a bit of surgery in the last year and I'm resulting to doing many of the modified moves for the pushup type moves.

L1 my legs ached insanely for the first few days, L2 my abs ache. I think I feel changes but this is the first couple of weeks in about 2 months I've actually been controlling what I eat again and doing my dog walking so it may be partially be due to that.

Does anyone know where there is a list of all the moves used during the 30ds. I want to do some while I'm on holiday and keep the same circuit pattern but as taking my weights would take up a large proportion of my baggage allowance I need to create a circuit with no weights required.

Spud
  • martazdz
    martazdz Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I started mine a while ago, and then gave up, now I'm on day 9 and will finish today level 1 :) it's weird but usually the beggining of workout is harder for me than the end, but I think it's a perfect amount of time spend on it, if you had to do it for an hour every day I would probably never started it.
    My worst problem is probably me knees, they click and make all sorts of funny noises and sometimes start to hurt too much and I have to do some dumb mini exercise to pass the jump rope for example.

Can't wait to start level 2! I can already see some difference in my stomach, measured myself before and took some pics but I was so disgusted with pictures so I deleted them hahahah

I alternated 30DS with going to the gym so it will take me much longer than 30 days, but I will definielty get there!
  • nicolenayima
    nicolenayima Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Day 3 complete! Still really sore all over, and shoulder exercises are excruciating, but my sister and I are loving it! I did yoga last night as well, which helped me stretch out some soreness in some spots and made me more sore in others!
  • jesguinn
    jesguinn Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I did day 4 last night and will do day 5 tonight. Also, I've been doing well on my diet this week, but not seeing any results on the scale. I know in my head that the number on the scale really doesn't matter, but it's still gratifying to see it go down. How long does the water retention in your muscles from starting a new exercise routine typically last? Before I started the shred I really wasn't doing any real exercise. At this point, I only have about 10 pounds to lose and they say those are the hardest. It's still hard to keep pushing through it. Hopefully I'll see at least half a pound lost soon. :(
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I did day 4 last night and will do day 5 tonight. Also, I've been doing well on my diet this week, but not seeing any results on the scale. I know in my head that the number on the scale really doesn't matter, but it's still gratifying to see it go down. How long does the water retention in your muscles from starting a new exercise routine typically last? Before I started the shred I really wasn't doing any real exercise. At this point, I only have about 10 pounds to lose and they say those are the hardest. It's still hard to keep pushing through it. Hopefully I'll see at least half a pound lost soon. :(

I'm SO frustrated with the scale too. Last friday (my weigh-in day) I was 140.8. I checked Wednesday and the scale said 140.0. I got so excited and thought I would finally get past the 140 mark by Friday... this morning it said 141.3. WHAT?!? I was also over my calories a couple of days this week, but not by much, so I'm not happy :( it will come off eventually, don't give up!
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Completed L1D1 last night and loved it! Def hard and def lost my balance a lot, but I didn't stop and am excited to do it all over again when I get home tonight. ;)
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I'm on round 2..On my 4th day on level 1. I can do modified and regular pushups about 50/50..I hate doing the pushups though, think thats the hardest strength move ever. I'm pushing through it though..yesterday I took off because I walked too much and my legs were already sore..didn't want to chance it. Still stuggling with my endurance..the first curcuit is hard as hell, can hardly breathe, but the last 2 is easier..
  • delana10
    delana10 Posts: 5
    Options
    I literally thought I was going to have to go to the ER the first day I did it....my entire body was shaking ( i swear even my brain). However, today I just finished day 5 and although I'm sweaty and sore nothing is wrong with me. Keep pushing...and keep some aspirin handy just in case!!!
    Good luck
    Jill
  • michelle_eiz
    michelle_eiz Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Awesome job ladies! I can't wait to start!
  • M_lifts
    Options
    everyone is doing so well!! keep it up!

im on day 4 level 2. on day 14, halfway there! yikes
  • courtneylwatson
    courtneylwatson Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    L1D6 more than halfway through the first level. I can tell a difference in my endurance for sure. I watched L2 for the first time tonight and I think that I will like it better even though it seems a bit tougher. We ate out tonight and both my husband and I had way more than we should have so it was tough to workout on a full stomach. We didn't give in and go to bed without our workout though.
  • Evotchka
    Evotchka Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 3 on Level 1! First time that I was able to use my weights all the way through those evil side lunges! I feel less sore after doing this workout and knowing what exercise comes next helps me stay motivated and dedicated the whole time! I just hope that I won't get as sore throughout the day. Last night my boyfriend jokingly slapped my butt and it hurt soo bad haha
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I bought the CD about 2 weeks ago but never even opened it up. Think I'm gonna go for it this morning and see what it's all about. Thanks for the reminder. Off to the basement to get my mat and I assume I would need dumb bells which are down there too.
  • mikeyken
    mikeyken Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    all right. got a BIG problem. had to get my injured shoulder looked at since I injured it at work. turns out i tore some ligaments and have soft tissue damage. doc put me on 10 lb wt limit and no lifting above head. don't know for how long yet. should i cotinue to try 30 ds minus the left arm moves and pushups or put it on hold until shoulder better? should mention i'm on a timeline for biggest loser at work of aug 9th. really want to lose as much as possible before then.