Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    My Wednesday wish... is that all of you get your wishes! I like seeing other people succeed!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

@wadwrich --wow I really keep butchering the spelling of your user name. Sorry about that! I'm not big on fast food places, but I worked at Burger King as a teen. Whenever I have an urge to stop at a drive-thru, I just try to imagine a bunch of gross germy teenagers working there. It really decreases the appeal. :lol:

@kelley-- yes, pretty toes are important!

@lina-- that does sound hard to resist. Stay strong; the will be gone before you know it.

@renee-- welcome!

@trinati-- I found when I first started here on MFP, that it was helpful to see what other people were eating, so I keep my food diary open to friends so they can see what I eat. It's also nice to have other eyes on the diary if you hit a plateau. Often, someone else will notice a small change you can make that you didn't even think of.

@badnoodle --yay for your new 5k PR!! One of my errands in the next week is to go get new runners. I haven't been fitted in a couple of years, so I may go to the running store and do that this time around.

@tracy (newcaddy)-- enjoy some "me" time this week!

@nouriapolis -- I need to get started on some summer reading. As an English teacher, I never have time to read for myself during the school year. I'm always reading and re-reading texts for my classes. In the summer, I'm also reading books for next year's classes, but I have more time to sneak in a few novels for sheer pleasure. Are you currently reading anything good?

@celtik-- thanks for the link

Wednesday Wish:
    My wish is to stay on track even with social engagements. I'm fine when I'm eating at home, but have a hard time when I go out. Yesterday, I went to lunch with some friends and through I made good food choices (seared ahi tuna salad), the drinks put me over for the day. It wasn't terrible, and I was a similar amount of calories under goal on Monday, but I really should have just stuck to rum and diet coke rather than fancy drinks.

Fitness Goals for the month of June:
    Visit gym of run outside minimum of 10 times 3/10
    Run at least 6/25 miles

You vs Year Challenge:
    171 k done/ 829 k to go

Exercise Goals:
    Sun-- walk gunner DONE TWICE + run outside DONE
    Mon-- walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Tues-- walk gunner DONE
    Wed-- walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE (mowed lawn instead)
    Thurs-- walk gunner
    Fri-- walk gunner + gym
    Sat-- walk gunner
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

Hello all, I just found this thread. :)

My wish is that I get in all the running I need to do before my first 5k on July 3rd. I also wish to finally get out of the 200's (so close!) by the end of next week. I'm been hovering within pounds and ounces for a couple weeks now... just need to break on through to the other side!!

I am currently about 20lbs away from hitting my 100lbs lost, but once I get there I want to lose another 30-40. We'll see once I get down to the ultimate goal weight, maybe I'll stop a bit before or maybe I'll need to lose more. So total, I'm looking to lose 50-60 more lbs. Wish me luck!

**Oh, and I wish that I'd make better choices in the food department this week, I'm going to turn that wish into a win!
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    wadwrich wrote: »
    Wednesday Wishes

I wish it was 1 year from now. 1 year from now and I stayed on my diet for the whole year and I am enjoying the new me.

OMG, ME TOO! :) I also wish it was 1 year from now and I kicked it up a notch! :)
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wish ... that I had cooked up that turkey over the weekend like i had planned to do but didn't do because now I am afraid to cook and eat it and will be putting in the trash for Thursday trash pickup. Such a waste!
  • virginislander2
    virginislander2 Posts: 28 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
  • virginislander2
    virginislander2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

Hello all, I just found this thread. :)

My wish is that I get in all the running I need to do before my first 5k on July 3rd. I also wish to finally get out of the 200's (so close!) by the end of next week. I'm been hovering within pounds and ounces for a couple weeks now... just need to break on through to the other side!!

I am currently about 20lbs away from hitting my 100lbs lost, but once I get there I want to lose another 30-40. We'll see once I get down to the ultimate goal weight, maybe I'll stop a bit before or maybe I'll need to lose more. So total, I'm looking to lose 50-60 more lbs. Wish me luck!

**Oh, and I wish that I'd make better choices in the food department this week, I'm going to turn that wish into a win!

This is my wish also but I will not lose the 20lbs by next week to get into the 100s. Add me as your friend and we will encourage each other. Better yet I love a good completion, let's see who gets there first.
  • theresakruse48
    theresakruse48 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm excited to find this thread! Here are my stats
    Sw: 282
    Cw: 246.2
    Gw: 130
    5'3"
    50 yrs old
    I am currently enrolled in HMR Decision Free Medically managed weight loss. It's working wonderfully! Feel free to add me
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for their kind words about the cookies i made ^.^ sorry I haven't been back to respond.

I've been "in the field" every day this week. I work for a grocery store chain, and we're installing a new safety/sanitation feature in 37 stores. I am going to be doing half, so 18 stores, and we've only done 6 so far. Walking the store at least 3 times, i'm really getting my steps in, i've been over 10K every day this week. I can't prep and bring food, so we've been eating out. I have been ordering salads and waters, bringing my water or tea so i don't buy any pop while i'm running around the store.

The hardest part is the drive. I'm a nervous/panicky driver. I cannot do the highways. So, i had to take the scenic route 30 miles south today, and a little further tomorrow. Friday and next week will be much closer, thank goodness!

I'm almost to 10 pounds lost. I should be, if not past it, this week. I've been really under cal each day not eating back the calories my step counter gives me.

My Wednesday wish is that i make it to and from the stores safely, i hate being on the road. I also wishmy big toe will stop complaining about all the walking...
  • pstegman888
    pstegman888 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wishes

I wish it was 1 year from now. 1 year from now and I stayed on my diet for the whole year and I am enjoying the new me.

I just passed the 1-year mark, and it went a lot faster than I had expected. I think the first 2 months were the hardest, and then it became significantly easier as my good habits became more ingrained and I built up some delicious go-to food choices. Whenever I had an indulgent day, I would just rein it in for the following couple days, so my weekly numbers averaged out. I just took it slow and steady and kept my calorie allowance reasonable and not too restrictive. I can't exercise much due to physical restrictions, so it all came down to food choices. Hang in there, it gets easier and it is SO worth it!! SO SO worth it! A million times, worth it!!
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I've been "in the field" every day this week. I work for a grocery store chain, and we're installing a new safety/sanitation feature in 37 stores. I am going to be doing half, so 18 stores, and we've only done 6 so far. Walking the store at least 3 times, i'm really getting my steps in, i've been over 10K every day this week. I can't prep and bring food, so we've been eating out. I have been ordering salads and waters, bringing my water or tea so i don't buy any pop while i'm running around the store.

Great job with staying in your limits while being away from the house!! It is really hard to stay with your calorie limit and eat out!!

AMF my Wednesday wish is to have a normal day at week. This past month has been nothing but emergencies, failures and $h!t rolling down. I've realized that I want to stress eat and I have a big problem with eating when tired. I just need a normal day at work to decompress.

• nouriapolis
    nouriapolis Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wishes

I just passed the 1-year mark, and it went a lot faster than I had expected. I think the first 2 months were the hardest, and then it became significantly easier as my good habits became more ingrained and I built up some delicious go-to food choices. Whenever I had an indulgent day, I would just rein it in for the following couple days, so my weekly numbers averaged out. I just took it slow and steady and kept my calorie allowance reasonable and not too restrictive. I can't exercise much due to physical restrictions, so it all came down to food choices. Hang in there, it gets easier and it is SO worth it!! SO SO worth it! A million times, worth it!!

Congrats on being at it for so long! And thanks for the encouragement
  • AlyssaAnne03
    AlyssaAnne03 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Heyyy
    I've been here just not "here"
    I weighed on Sunday and I've lost 11.8 pounds in the last 30 days, I really hope I can keep that up for a few months
  • wadwrich
    wadwrich Posts: 42 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to fess up to or get off your chest?)

The only thing that I have to fess up to right now (and I've already been forthcoming with the struggle in earlier posts) is that I have failed to do any kind of consistent exercising. I'm still losing weight, and I know that what we eat is more important to weight loss than exercise is; but I really need to be getting exercise in order to help bring down my blood pressure. It's more for my heart than for my weight. There is my confession. I don't exercise.

49488158.png
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Heyyy
    I've been here just not "here"
    I weighed on Sunday and I've lost 11.8 pounds in the last 30 days, I really hope I can keep that up for a few months

You're making great progress and averaging nearly 3# a week, great job! :star:

Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to fess up to or get off your chest?)

The only thing that I have to fess up to right now (and I've already been forthcoming with the struggle in earlier posts) is that I have failed to do any kind of consistent exercising. I'm still losing weight, and I know that what we eat is more important to weight loss than exercise is; but I really need to be getting exercise in order to help bring down my blood pressure. It's more for my heart than for my weight. There is my confession. I don't exercise.

49488158.png

Don't beat yourself up too much about it, you'll incorporate it when you're ready. Do you have time during the day to take short walk breaks? Maybe 3, 10-minute walks throughout the day? How about in the evening, as a family, just a walk around the block--I'm not sure how old your kids are but even just playing outside with the them for 10 or 15 minutes for some activity (tossing a ball, kicking a soccer ball around, etc). You'd be surprised at how quickly these little spurts of activity make a difference.

• skinnyjeanzbound
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Wow, lots of newlings--welcome to you all!!

@laurie-- is today your last day? Welcome to summer!

Thursday Truth:
    I haven't been nearly as productive as I would have liked over these past 2 weeks, and I fear that it will be August before I know it and then I won't have time. I think only teachers (and those who live with them) realize how vital "summers off" are to our lives. I spend so much of my non-contract hours grading and prepping during the school year that everything else gets put on the back burner. The only housework I do, is what is absolutely necessary to my day-to-day life, like laundry, dishes, and cooking. My husband always picked up that slack b/c his old job was on an opposite schedule to mine (slower in the winter, and busier in the summer). Then he was out of work, and I got completely spoiled b/c he did everything. I literally didn't wash a dish for 9 months! Now, his current job is averaging 50 hours/week, so we were in survival mode concerning the household. I've decided I need a to-do list to keep myself working towards some basic goals this summer (those of you whp've been on this thread for awhile will not be surprised by this :lol: .

Regarding #6 below-- does anyone have any recommendation for a product to kill lawn weeds? We have dandelions, clover, creeping charlie, etc. I've tried tearing out the weeds, but they just come back stronger faster than I can keep up with removal. The dandelions I can keep up with, bit those viney weeds are taking over my whole lawn.

General Goals:
    1. Clean fishtank DONE
    2. Deep clean bathroom DONE
    3. Finish swapping out/organizing summer and winter clothes
    4. Finish going through clothes and adding to donation bag
    5. Take donations to GW
    6. Do something about weeds
    7. Get car detailed
    8. Make doctor/dentist appointments
    9. Clean files of 2015 paperwork
    10. File 2016 paperwork
    11. Take winter coat to cleaners
    12. Find someone to repair shed

Fitness Goals for the month of June:
    Visit gym of run outside minimum of 10 times 3/10
    Run at least 6/25 miles

You vs Year Challenge:
    171 k done/ 829 k to go

Exercise Goals:
    Sun-- walk gunner DONE TWICE + run outside DONE
    Mon-- walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Tues-- walk gunner DONE
    Wed-- walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE (mowed lawn instead)
    Thurs-- walk gunner
    Fri-- walk gunner + gym
    Sat-- walk gunner
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options

Great job with staying in your limits while being away from the house!! It is really hard to stay with your calorie limit and eat out!!

I'm not sure I've ever managed it.

• kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options

Regarding #6 below-- does anyone have any recommendation for a product to kill lawn weeds? We have dandelions, clover, creeping charlie, etc. I've tried tearing out the weeds, but they just come back stronger faster than I can keep up with removal. The dandelions I can keep up with, bit those viney weeds are taking over my whole lawn.

Karen~I'm no expert since I have lawn people (having an HOA does have its benefits :wink:), but have you tried Round-Up? They have application containers where you can just spray the weeds, so you aren't placing the weed killer on the healthy part of your lawn. Supposedly it works pretty well.

• skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @kelley-- I checked their website and don't see a product for lawn application, only for garden beds, patios, etc. I have vine-like weeds (think clover) woven throughout my lawn. No way to just apply to the weeds. I need a whole-lawn product, but thanks.
  • nouriapolis
    nouriapolis Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound i hope you get to get around to the books youre really interested in. I used to hate mandatory reading for school (now all my classes are math so none of that hoopla) but only because it was mandatory. As a sign of protest i wouldnt do the reading and just research the book for assignments and then when we'd move on to something else in class, id read it. I was a real rebel. Right now im reading the life changing magic of tidying up which is non fiction but after that ill be tackling the second sherlock holmes novel (a friend lent me the series)! What book are you planning on reading next? Ps: good luck with all the house work!

Thursday truth!
    I still havent started working out despite that being one of my tuesday goals