What's your favorite kind of donut?

Replies

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    The kind that's edible.

I'm always down for a classic glazed donut, but I also love chocolate iced donuts. The best one I've ever had was a cacao nibs donut from Dough in New York City. It also helped that it was the size of my head. And allll mine. :smile:
  • lizzylovestocook
    lizzylovestocook Posts: 30 Member
    I live in Canada so Tim Hortons donuts is what we usually get ( not very often ) and I love Timmys Bostom Cream . This winter while in Florida I came across Dandee Donut Factory in Pompano Beach and also Deerfield Beach If you are ever in the area give yourself a fabulous treat . The best Donuts ever !!!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    The kind that's edible.

I'm always down for a classic glazed donut, but I also love chocolate iced donuts. The best one I've ever had was a cacao nibs donut from Dough in New York City. It also helped that it was the size of my head. And allll mine. :smile:

Dough is so good! I told myself I could have the dulce de leche from there when I started my bulk. Haven't had one since though :(
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    zylvbzc2ppgp.png

Oh man. Don't get me started on what people call 'eclairs'.

Eclair

ec14.jpg

Not an eclair.

a58d6ae6-3c0d-46b7-ab4c-d9998f5ac1e5.png

Eclair = pate a choux (choux pastry). Not donut dough.

Still annoyed about that time I went to a restaurant and ordered an eclair for dessert and they gave me a chocolate donut.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Apple fridders and the simple glazed ones.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Every kind! Lil
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    lol
  • fxckyeahhappyface
    fxckyeahhappyface Posts: 9 Member
    The donut shop within walking distance of me (fml, right?) has the most amazing buttermilk bars. Mmmmmmmm. Oh yeah, and glazed.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    zylvbzc2ppgp.png

Oh man. Don't get me started on what people call 'eclairs'.

Eclair

ec14.jpg

Not an eclair.

a58d6ae6-3c0d-46b7-ab4c-d9998f5ac1e5.png

Eclair = pate a choux (choux pastry). Not donut dough.

Still annoyed about that time I went to a restaurant and ordered an eclair for dessert and they gave me a chocolate donut.

I'd have been pissed at that, too. It would have been sent straight back to the kitchen.

Old-timey cake doughnuts are my favorite, but I can't find them anymore. I did really like the potato doughnuts at Holy Donut. They might win out over the cake doughnuts if I could do a head-to-head comparison.

Barring those, a doughnut with an interesting and not-too-sweet glaze, like the one I get locally with habanero and passion fruit glaze.
  • LuckyNumbers
    LuckyNumbers Posts: 208 Member
    Krispy Kreme custard-filled (or Bavarian Creme, if you're in the South). My favorite from my youth and still one of my faves today.

But my new favorite is a red chile chocolate bacon donut from Rebel Donut in my hometown. Seriously, you guys. Seriously.

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Glazed donut holes.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited June 2016
    Alluminati wrote: »
    all of them!
    This. Plus beavertails...mmmm....
    And real eclairs.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    We had these donuts yesterday at work. One was a raised, glazed with maple frosting and a piece of bacon on the top. We cut it into 4 pieces and shared. It was amazing!
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Toasted coconut
  • swalte2016
    swalte2016 Posts: 13 Member
    I love Boston cream donuts and Nutella donuts
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    My favorite was the Walnut Crunch from Tim Horton's. They discontinued it a few years ago. No one would ever take them when they came in the assorted box because it looked a bit like a poo, but they were delicious. Apple fritters are my new favorite.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    If I had to eat a donut, I think it would be a dutchie...Or what swalte mentions above a Nutella donut sounds like something I'd like! When I was younger, anything jam or cream filled was my fave :smile:
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Lately it has been apple fritters.. nommm :)