50lbs by Christmas

Options

Replies

• racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Going on vacation for New Years eve so yeah! 40-50 by Christmas is definitely a great goal! Count me in!
  • mellowkate
    mellowkate Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ditto what they said - if you start a group, I'm in! Let's keep each other motivated! :smiley:
  • frootloop2012
    frootloop2012 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am ready I need to lose 70lbs I'll take 50 by November my Bday!!!
  • lil_lizt
    lil_lizt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 35lbs for December 15th (my birthday). You're welcome to add me
  • kenyainez
    kenyainez Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I started a journey this week to lose 53 lbs by the New Year. So I'm definitely down.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    I started a group - hope it's OK with OP, she hasn't posted here for a few days. Here is the link: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114643-up-to-50lbs-by-christmas
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    @kshama2001 Thanks for your input, nobody has to lose 50lbs by Christmas and anyone who joins this group can choose a starting date earlier than today. You are making assumptions.
  • kendahlj
    kendahlj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    It's true that if you're starting today and losing 50 lbs hits your goal weight, then it would be pretty tough. But hey, let's go for it! My goal is 80 so 50 by December is doable.
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    @kendahlj - My starting date was April 24th. You pick your own starting date, whatever suits you...go to the link above and join the group!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Scooby says the # 1 reason people fail to lose weight is flaming out due to having overly aggressive goals:

I've lost 80 lbs over 12 months, and I totally agree with that.

My weight dropped off easily at the start, but I took my time and ate whatever I felt like within my calorie limit, and ate back 50-75% of the many exercise calories I earned.

If you only have 50 lbs to reach a mid-range healthy BMI, Christmas is unrealistic and unwise to aim for.

If you have 180 lbs to lose by Christmas, then you'll have a better chance.
  • aflies
    aflies Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I think I have 44 pounds left to my goal as of this week. Feel free to add me if you would like. It is always nice to hear and give encouragment.
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Pretty right on the money! I'd like to lose 25 by September and IDEALLY 45 by Christmas. You should add me!
  • Jenniferwhite1296
    Jenniferwhite1296 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'll do 50 by Christmas with you. I need to put a deadline on my weight loss. That will be my short term goal. I'm looking to lose way more than that as a final goal
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
  • carolyng66
    carolyng66 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sure add me. 50 lbs by Christmas sounds like a reachable goal....with a lot of hard work. I'm ready though.
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    @carolyng66 click link above to join
  • ludazatobom
    ludazatobom Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    JuliaShey wrote: »
    I want to lose 40 pounds by Christmas!

I'd be happy with 40 as well! I just need to bust my butt in gear and start to get rid of all this baby weight, my youngest is 9 months now so it's time! Lol

Lol my youngest is almost two. I figure i can't call it baby weight no more lmao...that ship sailed for me so here i am no more excuses busting my butt. I started a month ago...I'd like to be down bout 30-40lbs by august for a wedding but nearing December I'd like to be down a total of at least 60lbs. So far 13 down. Add me if u like.
  • Fluffy2Fit2Shredded
    Fluffy2Fit2Shredded Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You can all do it!! Took me 6 months to drop 60lbs plus whatever muscle I put on. Just change your diet, #1, aim to workout daily (make it just as important as a meal you have to eat, sleep you must have, or kids you need to take care of, fit it in at least an hour somehow, that's just 4% of your day!) and get into a calorie deficit and use MFP religiously to keep you on track as you adjust and play with foods you can or can't eat that day cuz you ate this or that for breakfast/lunch, etc. And make your CHEAT MEAL once a week a carb reload/refeed meal (YouTube this) instead. Get into a routine, cook your foods and meal prep once a week, ziplock bag and weigh your foods after grocery shopping, takes but an hour while you watch a tv show, and BOOOOM! 2lbs a week easily. -=). Good luck!