Best thing you ate this week?

13»

Replies

• agottier223
    agottier223 Posts: 9 Member
    Only thing you cook in the brownies - I did a 9x13 size box mix (could do homemade) in two nine inch round pans, one of the pans was a spring form - layered everything in the spring form except for a final layer of snickers and syrup on top, then when it was time to serve I popped the side off the spring form, gave it a final drizzle of syrup and some chopped snickers.
  • BLifts38
    BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
    Kodiak cake banana chocolate chip bread with so delicious vanilla almond milk ice cream on top.
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Chipotle crusted pork tenderloin
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Big Mac. Don't judge :).
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    @WinoGelato I LOVE Mahi Mahi!

Sunday, I hosted a gender reveal and made jalepeno peppers stuffed with sausage, cream cheese, and cilantro, then topped with shredded mexican cheese and baked in the oven. They're amazing!

What is a gender reveal? And what type of sausage do you use? I make those but with corn, not meat. But I could be converted!

A gender reveal is when parents to be find out what the sex of their baby is. Only a close friend or family member knows, and hosts a shower so theu, along with all the other loved ones, can find out. :)

Just the basic pork sausage. Simple recipe, and of course you can alter to the brands you use for recipe building here.

Jalepenos, halfed lengthwise and deseeded.
    1 lb sausage.
    Cilantro to your liking. (I like a LOT)
    Shredded cheese of your choice (I like mexican blend)
    1 block cream cjeese, softened.

Brown sausage, add to cream cheese. Add chopped cilantro, and some of the shredded cjeese, mix well. Stuff those bad boys, sprinkle cheese on top and bake till yummy and gooey. Lol.
  • wtliftchick
    wtliftchick Posts: 84 Member
    @WinoGelato I LOVE Mahi Mahi!

Sunday, I hosted a gender reveal and made jalepeno peppers stuffed with sausage, cream cheese, and cilantro, then topped with shredded mexican cheese and baked in the oven. They're amazing!

What is a gender reveal? And what type of sausage do you use? I make those but with corn, not meat. But I could be converted!

A gender reveal is when parents to be find out what the sex of their baby is. Only a close friend or family member knows, and hosts a shower so theu, along with all the other loved ones, can find out. :)

Thanks for the recipe! And wow. I was REALLY off base in what I thought a gender reveal was lol. That's an exciting way to find out, and how nice to be surrounded by family rather than in a doctors office with strangers.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited June 2016
    Probably the pizza I had on Wednesday. It was thin crust, pepperoni, and steak.

I've really been enjoying chicken hearts too, but the dinners I made with that were made last week and the week before.

Special shout out to my Goodwill breakfast sandwich maker for that awesome sandwich I had yesterday. The one today was nice, but I left it on there for a minute less. The bread wasn't as toasty as the one the day before.

For something sweet, most "new" things I've tried tbh. I tried some banana ice cream today, had some chocolate strawberry Pop Tarts, tried strawberry shortcake Oreos on their own, and cracked open some French Toast Crunch.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Cookie dough while making cookies with my kids yesterday. Love that butter and sugar, mmm mmmmmm.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    I don't know how y'all do it!! I mean, I know what you say about exercising and counting calories and eating what you want as long as you stay in calorie limits, etc, BUT I can't do it. I'm drooling over the things you have eaten because if I do that I would never lose anything. One bite and I'm a goner.... :(:( Not judging at all--just wishing I knew how to do it like you guys do.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    crzyone wrote: »
    I don't know how y'all do it!! I mean, I know what you say about exercising and counting calories and eating what you want as long as you stay in calorie limits, etc, BUT I can't do it. I'm drooling over the things you have eaten because if I do that I would never lose anything. One bite and I'm a goner.... :(:( Not judging at all--just wishing I knew how to do it like you guys do.

Planning and accurate logging are keys, often pre logging. I made a key lime pie earlier in the week and was super excited to try it. I made sure the day it was ready (Tuesday), I saved enough calories for it by pre logging it first thing in the morning. I also logged my breakfast, lunch and dinner before I ate them that day, and realized I wasn't going to be able to have my usual 200 cal afternoon snack (Chobani flip) that day. The next day I couldn't fit the pie in, so I didn't have a piece, but I made sure yesterday to leave room for it.

I also often bank calories earlier in the week for more indulgent meals on the weekend. I'm in maintenance, but have been eating at a slight deficit each day this week because we are doing a pizza night tonight and I'm planning to make a huge brunch Sunday for Fathers Day. I have about 700 extra calories to play with for the weekend...

It takes a little practice to be able to eat the foods you love in moderation but it is definitely worth it!
  • WinoGelato
    Last night I made a five minute meal that was really tasty: Uncle Ben Santa Fe Ready Rice, with pre cooked chicken strips, half an avocado, cheddar cheese and salsa.

6bi1yaabvfy3.jpg

Less than 500 cals and I made a second serving of it for lunch today too.
  • agottier223
    agottier223 Posts: 9 Member

Like was already said, I plan for it and fit it in to my calories, perhaps squeeze in an extra cardio workout if I know I am going to indulge or bank calories from earlier in the week. Also a huge thing for me has been watching my portion sizes on desserts and realizing that I can have a small treat every day. I never feel deprived so I never feel like I have to binge on desserts. And I share my desserts from restaurants/my mother in law with my toddler.
  • KetoTeacher
    KetoTeacher Posts: 163 Member
    spasagna and garlic toast
  • WinoGelato
    spasagna and garlic toast

I'm going to need clarification on spasagna...
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    It was either the red, white, and blueberry salad from Newk's Eatery or the new fruity crisp Oreos. Yeah, the Oreos win. The salad was shockingly delicious, though.
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    We went to BJ's Brewhouse to celebrate my husbands promotion. I had cheese pizza, blonde beer and we shared a white chocolate macadamia nut pizzokie (cookie with ice cream). It was amazing!!!!
  • kdhfrank
    kdhfrank Posts: 2 Member
    I actually had a thick slice of sour dough bread toasted with 2 tablespoons of ricotta cheese spread on it, layered with 1/2 avocado sliced. Topped with thinly sliced scallions, salt and pepper with fresh lemon squeezed over it. Wonderful !!!!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    It takes as much effort to perfect moderation as it did for me to get into a decent workout routine