New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I did finally find plain skyr. It was in the health food section at Fred Meyer. Annoyed, but pleased. I'm going to try a batch this weekend with it. $1.69 for one 150g container is pretty steep. That is what more than a gallon of milk costs me at Costco to make about 800-900g (I like it thick, thick, almost like cream cheese so I strain, though it is not necessary - the yield would be much higher if I didn't, which makes it even worse)!

Anyway, I got sucked down the Food Network recipe hole yesterday (particularly Bobby Flay's recipes) and did not buy a lot of new products to try in favor of raw ingredients. I did buy a jiamca to make some slaw with. I have never bought or ate it before, but I am intrigued, so we'll see. I am making this pizza tonight, so bought some watercress. I have never eaten watercress either, so I got fresh spinach as a backup in case my husband and I hate it. I wanted to buy arugula as the backup, but all they had was a little past its sell by date. Yuck. Same thing with their cilantro. They had conventional cilantro there 2/$1, but it was filthy dirty (like it had been run through the mud before being boxed up) and pale yellow-green. WTF, no. So I had to go over to the organic section where the cilantro was twice the price, but so much better looking and not caked with mud. I guess it is too much to ask of normal cilantro not to be filthy. No arugula there though either. Oh well. I plan on making a second pizza tonight with steak, cheese, bell pepper, onion pizza with horseradish cream sauce. It was my first time buying a horseradish root and grating. Burning my eyeballs at midnight last night doing this, but husband and I LUV horseradish, so I'm looking forward to seeing what I get tonight.

On Saturday, I am trying out this vegetable meatloaf.

I did buy one new non-produce item and that was this goat's milk ice cream.

straight-chocolate.jpg

I really wanted to try last night when I got home, but I had no time and had to eat the rest of my skyr in the fridge to make room for groceries. Definitely will be tried tonight!

• fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    5q1xo083hkth.jpeg
    tried sprouts cookie butter... it's delicious like all cookie butters. Man i wish cookie butter had some protein. now thats something someone needs to create.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,597 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    5q1xo083hkth.jpeg
    tried sprouts cookie butter... it's delicious like all cookie butters. Man i wish cookie butter had some protein. now thats something someone needs to create.

*eyes Trader Joe's (which is a two minute walk from work) and the cookie butter aisle*

On another note....the Impulsive Buy website. I like reading the comments. Do I have to log into Facebook for that now?
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    5q1xo083hkth.jpeg

*eyes Trader Joe's (which is a two minute walk from work) and the cookie butter aisle*

On another note....the Impulsive Buy website. I like reading the comments. Do I have to log into Facebook for that now?

im so glad traded joes is far from me (sprouts delivers to my house) i can barely handle having this jar. i aint weighing none of it! haha.
    i havent been on that website in a while i love reading the comments too.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    5q1xo083hkth.jpeg

Never dared trying cookie butter... not enough good fats in there so I guess it's where I draw the line for the calories, lol.

I can see the comments on Impulsive Buy though?

Oh I saw the Keylime pie Oreos at Shop Rite! Just not my thing (and $3.5 a box) so I didn't get them.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    5q1xo083hkth.jpeg

Never dared trying cookie butter... not enough good fats in there so I guess it's where I draw the line for the calories, lol.

Oh I saw the Keylime pie Oreos at Shop Rite! Just not my thing (and $3.5 a box) so I didn't get them.

I tried cookie butter incidentally. It was part of the core in B&J's Speculoos. Both my husband and I agreed it was too rich and not in a good way. It was big part of the reason we didn't like the ice cream in general even though we both really like speculoos otherwise.

I saw a review on YT for Key Lime Oreos late last summer. I guess too late because by the time I saw it and went looking for them, I couldn't find them. I'll have to look the next time I am at Target!
  • glassyo
    Options
    5q1xo083hkth.jpeg

Ok, Miss Actually Started This Thread. Leave the crack....er cookie butter to the rest of us :p

The key lime oreos are back? I have a shot at trying them? Woo!

Are you clicking on anything to see the comments? I see the facebook icon with some numbers but don't want to log in to facebook to see if that's where the comments are posted now in case something accidentally posts.
  • Francl27
    Options
    5q1xo083hkth.jpeg

Ok, Miss Actually Started This Thread. Leave the crack....er cookie butter to the rest of us :p

Are you clicking on anything to see the comments? I see the facebook icon with some numbers but don't want to log in to facebook to see if that's where the comments are posted now in case something accidentally posts.

No I just click on the comments link on top. I never had to logging into anything to comment either. Odd.
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I have been changing my protein powder up some. I use Nurtaone and love the smore's flavor. Great in protein ball
  • glassyo
    Options
    5q1xo083hkth.jpeg

No I just click on the comments link on top. I never had to logging into anything to comment either. Odd.

I may not have tried that yet. *slaps own wrist*
  • glassyo
    Options
    5q1xo083hkth.jpeg

I meant to say that someone on the Questlabs community site did a mock up of quest flavored peanut butters. He had chocolate chip cookie dough, cookies & cream, and double chocolate chunk.

They were showing interest so.... :)
  • Francl27
    Options
    5q1xo083hkth.jpeg

I meant to say that someone on the Questlabs community site did a mock up of quest flavored peanut butters. He had chocolate chip cookie dough, cookies & cream, and double chocolate chunk.

They were showing interest so.... :)

Grr Quest Labs. Still waiting for my invite. It's been what, 2 months? And they were telling people to sign up on FB a couple days ago... What's the point?

• Francl27
    Options
    Ok this

pints-chocoloate-chip-nutrition.jpg

Wanted to love it.. but the chemical taste from the sugar alcohols is just too strong. Bummer because the cookie dough pieces are super tasty. Will not buy again.

Speaking of which, my Wegmans has all the Halo Top pints now... except the birthday cake, which is the one I wanted the most. Figures.
  • glassyo
    Options
    Speaking of which, I taste tested the Arctic Zero pints I bought.

Buttery Pecan - The ice cream part had a subtle buttery flavor and was creamyish but the pecan pieces were so small, you could barely tell one made it into your mouth.

Cookie Dough Chip - The ice cream part was the normal ice milk texture and flavor but the chocolate chips were good. I don't remember any cookie part.

Snickerdoodle Dandy - It didn't make an impression on me at all apparently because I can't remember if I liked it or not :)

None of them beat the Halo Top Birthday Cake tho.

• babycatchfire
    babycatchfire Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Halo Top Birthday Cake is the best.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    t1mosy7km1ke.jpg

I had been wanting to try these for awhile and finally found a single bar in stores. Glad I only bought one... very chalky taste. They have little whey crisp balls slightly stuck together with chocolate mint stuff, kind of like a rice krispie bar but much more delicate. Would not recommend.
  • babycatchfire
    Options
    t1mosy7km1ke.jpg

I had been wanting to try these for awhile and finally found a single bar in stores. Glad I only bought one... very chalky taste. They have little whey crisp balls slightly stuck together with chocolate mint stuff, kind of like a rice krispie bar but much more delicate. Would not recommend.

I really like the simply bars. I can't say I've tried the whey one before, but my favorite is the
  • babycatchfire
    edited June 2016
    Options
    t1mosy7km1ke.jpg

I really like the simply bars. I can't say I've tried the whey one before, but my favorite is the cinnamon pecan protein bad.

• rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,404 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    4om6zpie1piz.jpeg

Costco $18. And yummy.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    23hrva0.jpg
    Really yummy! All you need is butter and water, they're delicious warm and dipped in coffee.