Focus T25 by Shaun T - Just starting. Accountability and motivation.

Options

Replies

• SliverBulletsUK
    SliverBulletsUK Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

@chookywillow I haven't tried those push-ups in the video as I haven't done that particular workout but I've seen them and reckon I'd do ok but that might be false hope lol. Might have to try and see, I do think that mid workout when I'm already tired they would be very very hard.

I do have a pull up bar as I've kitted my garage out into a gym so that has worked out quite well for me.

The good thing I find about both T25 and P90X3 is the intensity of the jumping. I find them good compared to insanity as that was really hard on my joints.

To be honest I love Shaun T and wasn't a fan of Tony but doing the workouts he's definitely grown on me now and I like it.

@RachelRiley87

That's really nice , thank you. I guess I'm just in a place where I don't want any excuses. Like many people I've done stuff like this before but my diet has needed changing or I've had little slips or not taken it seriously or other such things have happened .

Ive always been physically active but didn't eat like I should have and after a few bad injuries and continuing to eat rubbish I piled on the pounds and didn't like where I was this last year. I now Really want to change my body and that requires dedication and a constant effort.

I must say it's also great to see how focussed and dedicated you and so many others are, its great motivation when I need to squeeze my workoutin at 11pm to know that @supersimonesquirrel is also just starting a workout at the same late time haha .

P90X3 has about 18 videos I think overall, and you combine them into different schedules. Each schedule is in different blocks like T25 and like T25 they change up to get you to a certain level.

The difference is they have different schedules which are meant to be more specific .

Classic is total body fitness
    Lean is for a more toned look
    Mass to bulk up
    And doubles if your mental haha.

So the one I'm doing is mainly the cardio videos.

I hope that makes sense haha. I think I've confused myself.

Hope everyone is having a good week, I've got a yoga and abs session to do tonight and then weigh day tomorrow.

Wish me luck!
  • chookywillow
    chookywillow Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    hi Rachel I think you will like gamma too. its familiar but the addition of weights make it more interesting and make individual muscles ache rather than the exhausted cardio feeling from some of beta.
    I have only got 6 of the p90x3 sessions. they are all 30 mins and have a very different feel to t25. what moves are your nemesis in t25? is it strength or other issues that make them tricky?
    I used to dance so am really enjoing doing cize. I work nights twice a week and wanted something I could do in my break at 3am. I used to do insanity but it made me feel a bit sick. guess my body clock was a bit too mucked up to cope. I find cize makes me sweat but re energises me too. I like some of the firm DVDs too. very different to t25. but nice for a bit of variety. get chisled is my favourite.

silver bullet I am immensely impressed that the crane push up doesn't phase you. for those who haven't seen it you do a push up bring one knee round to touch your shoulder foot off floor.(like in t25) then lift your straight leg off the floor too. so you are balanced on your hands in a press up. both feet off the floor.
    silver bullet you are my hero!

• chookywillow
    Options
    ooh blessed momma I looked at hammer and chisel would love to know what you think. I don't have a bench though and no space for one so I don't hink its for me. Rachel I am still pondering about piyo. they all cost so much. want to get the right one. been doing t25 for about a year now and insanity for over 2 so got my moneys worth! want to work hard build muscle not knacker my joints and feet. but enjoy it too. not that much to ask for!
  • RachelRiley87
    RachelRiley87 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    @chookywillow I struggle with cardio and strength equally and abs/core are appalling.. I like strength much better as I can use the weights I need and improve in my own time like with t25 the cardio I'd difficult and I try to do as much as I can and improve on it. Piyo is great because it doesn't damage joints etc. It's why one of my friends got it as she's fairly big and has problems with her knees.

So I said I'd update after first dvd from Gamma. Dear God almighty.. this was by far the hardest thing I've done and I've done some insanity dvds too. I thought I was going to die I had to jog in spot or even high walk for a few towards middle of dvd and then left out some of the burden things because by the time I was down they were on the next move.. how they do that I'd beyond me it's impossible I've only just nailed being close to as fast as them standing and sometimes I lag behind on that.. I started fairly confident in first level 1 round and then level 3 of 1 and from there it went downhill.. I didn't even do cool down which I havnt missed once so far.. I just needed to turn it off.. I have no idea how I survived I feel guilty not doing the cool down but I needed water and a towel and then I fell into a ball of sweat I'm still there half an hr later.. I will shower when i can feel my legs working again. I hope the gamma isn't all like this it went from about 60% hard to 100% from the alpha to Gamma.. I'm not sure what's just happened or how I feel about this yet.

Have a fab week all. Push it no matter where you are in the journey and we will all achieve our goals.
  • Blessed_Mommy86
    Blessed_Mommy86 Posts: 52 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @chookywillow I bought Hammer and Chisel brand new off of eBay for $27. That's also where I purchased T25. I received it brand new for $50 and it included Gamma. I will need to buy a bench before I start H&C but will probably get it used off of Craigslist.

@RachelRiley87 Don't feel bad about how Speed 3.0 went for you. I'm sure we can all agree that that workout sucks. Why do you think I'm crossing it off my calendar? I feel like I'm more likely to quit entirely if I hate a particular workout and Speed 3.0 is that for me so I think I'm better off replacing it with something else. Don't stress about the other workouts in Gamma... they're nothing like that.
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Ditto what @Blessed_Mommy86 said, the other workouts in Gamma are nothing like Speed 3.0. That workout is killer, so don't feel bad! It seems like everyone on here who has made it to Speed 3.0 has had the same reaction. Just do the best you can do.

Just finished Ript Circuit...I ate like crap today so as much as I don't want to I have to head to the gym and try to work some of it off. It's sooooo hot outside, I just want to stay inside and watch tv.
  • supersimonesquirrel
    supersimonesquirrel Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Haha @SliverBulletsUK I am a night owl for my workouts! On to week 4 now. Did a stretch this morning and my 2 year old son joined in and was cheering the crew (and me). Not sure I could manage a full workout with him there - he thinks its fun to jump on my back during planks :neutral:
    Seeing some great changes in my body - maybe even some (slight) oblique definition. Thats motivation to keep going. Love this thread.
  • SliverBulletsUK
    Options
    @supersimonesquirrel that's quality haha. Started off with motivation then when Shaun is like "imagine I'm pushing down on you" he thought he'd just do it for you, no imagining mummy lol

That's great that your seeing that definition , keep it up and keep posting
  • cgibs87
    cgibs87 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey all! So I am almost done with Beta and I am thinking of starting Insanity Max 30- I love my Shaun T! Has anyone tried it? I heard its pretty hardcore.
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    @Blessed_Mommy86 I'm really not sure if I'll try it again and hope I improve or change it for another cardio what are you using instead? I have speed again this week with I just looked and dreading it already and it's on a night I do muay thai.. hell no's! No wonder you don't have a double day! I just did Rip't I love it so much and it's hard as h3ck the little pulse things above the head my shoulders burned from rep one. I love that kind of burn though as I feel I'm doing the exercise right and improving.. I also have my hydrating drink ready today I planned ahead!

@supersimonesquirrel haha I love that .. extra resistance!!

@motivatedsister atleast were not alone.. it was a real shock I think mainly because when I felt exhausted I looked to tania and realised there are no modifications at all and that's when my mind takes over into panic mode. Obviously I have alot to improve on and my mind holds me back alot of the time.

@cgibs87 weyhey congrats with Beta nice to hear from you again glad it's going well. I'm onto Gamma now and got weigh in today.. ergh!! Let's hope I see progress, I've heard great things about max 30 too. If you get that let me know how it goes I heard you basically compete against yourself each disc or something along those lines. I have too much to improve upon atm so I can't move on even if I get bored I will stick it out to I get to a level I'm happy with but that seems like the logical step up from gamma. I can't buy anymore into funds allow me to however and spent a fortune on a fit bit I get today and a pair of boxing gloves.. which are ridiculously expensive and make me look like I have clown hands.
  • chookywillow
    Options
    hi Rachel why not swap speed 3 for speed 1? I find I work much harder in speed 1. as I can work flat out and know there is a stability breather soon . the burn out is so near the end it pushes me on too. I just looked at the diaper and dumbbells review and she actually burnt more calories doing 1 than 3- no point at all doing something you don't enjoy. let alone dreading it. I did the ript circuit and speed 1 today. I often add speed 1 to a strength based one. x
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    @chookywillow such a good idea I think I'll do that, I might stack a beta and the speed 1 to make a gamma hehe! Also like the idea I'll put in alot more effort! I just finished up muay thai and my shins are swollen n bruised and my knees and elbows I'm icing as we speak!

So as always here is my Tuesday end week results for you all.. I'll do a comparison from week 3 when I started getting it done properly to my week 10. I'm not sure why but people always seem to think I'm much lighter and fitter than I am maybe because of my hourglass figure is throwing them off. I'm just really proud of my fat % and no muscle loss on the programme so far. I'm sure I started off far worse too.

End week 3 / End week 10
    Weight 71.3kg / 68.8kg
    Fat % 34.9% / 32.0%
    Muscle Mass 44.0kg / 44.4kg
    Metabolic Age 43 / 36
    Visceral Fat 4 / 3
    BMI 24.7 / 23.8
    Ideal body weight is 63.6
    Degree of obesity 12.1% / 8.2%

4inches off waist 2 off hips and a bit and 1/2 off belly button. Loads off legs and arms I kinda screwed up all my inches but that's a rough guide since beta.
  • SliverBulletsUK
    Options
    Smashing it @RachelRiley87 SMA- SHING - IT

Keep up the good work
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    You are killing it Rachel!

I think my body was exhausted from yesterday (T25+2 classes at the gym), so I really didn't want to do anything today. To top it off my BF was home for a lunch break when I got there...so I sat on the couch and chatted with him and practically fell asleep lol. I almost just chalked the whole day up as a loss.

But I managed to do Extreme Circuit, and kinda felt like I wasn't giving it my all so I thought well just get through this one and you don't have to do anything else today. But with the workout being so light on the cardio I just felt like I had to do something else. So I pushed through and did Speed 3.0!!! So glad I did it...I'm tired but feeling good. I definitely still can't do it all, but each time I think I do one more burpee!
  • Jenpiddles
    Jenpiddles Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just finished the 1st week of gamma. A few days behind because of a minor illness for a couple of days. Back to it tomorrow though!

Speed 3.0 is the devil. I hate it. I despise it. But I do it, because omg, I feel it at the end in a good way. It feels like an accomplishment when I get through that one.

I love the other workouts! I've been feeling just a bit sore, which I like! I'm a little disappointed that I only have 3 weeks of Gamma left. I have PiYo and Insanity Max 30 waiting. If I'm still trying to lose, I'll probably go with Max 30, if I make my goal by the end of Gamma, I'll do Piyo.

Current weight is 145.8. Goal is 140. Almost there!
  • SliverBulletsUK
    Options
    Hi all,

Completed p90x3 accelerator and T25 Cardio today.

I felt like I was dying haha. Felt so light headed and I swear I had chest pains.

But as Muhammad Ali once said ......

Don't quit, suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion !

I sucked it up and powered through and was seriously dripping in sweat. After I finished I had to just lay there for a while.

Was it the heat, the lack of food I'd had (I did it this morning) the effort I put in? I don't know but it was a good session today and my first T25 of the week after football and rest the last two days.

Gotta put in the work to get the results !

Hope everyone else is kicking *kitten* and taking names.

FOCUS
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    All I can press is awesome for you all the last few days.. your all Killin it as far as I can see just amazing how far everyone is coming. I had undercooked chicken from a return to Tuesday felt I'll tues evening and all day yesterday. I'm much better now. I still managed to eat a little and I did my Gamma workout. Muay thai has left me so bruised and achey.. or Gamma could be the cause of the soreness and aching it's really hard to tell right now. My shoulders arms and butt are so sore.. really motivating me to see where Gamma gets me too. I have a feeling this month maybe my month!

Also I have my fit bit and it seems I burn alot more calories in a day then I realised or my Bmr implies... I also burn alot more in my Gamma workout.. interesting!

@motivatedsister wow you really are putting in so much effort what classes did you do at the gym? I'm amazed how you can do 2 and your Gamma.. do you not get sore and ache?? It's so awesome to see you managing one more burpees and trying to get things done. I'm definitely too scared to stack the Gamma today like I normally do but a bit worried about trying speed 3.0 on the same day as muay thai maybe I'll switch the pyramid and speed around... just feel crazy just saying that.. I've thought about it alot and I'm gonna give it another try before I down grade myself to speed 1.0.. see how I handle it for a second time and if my body is still in shock I will just move past it.

@Jenpiddles well done for finishing up the whole week.. I'm a couple of days behind you. I live your outlook on speed 3.0 .. I'm gonna give it another shot reluctantly even though my shoulders feel burnt out today. Maybe instead of Friday I could do it Saturday or Sunday. I'm so busy with work fri/sat and going swimming and muay thai 2hrs and sparring Fri too.. I just don't think speed is the right choice for that busy day. I'm in the same weight range as you.. I'm so glad you are kicking *kitten* your doing amazing and someone else who's feeling soreness haha! Are you doing pure gamma and gamma hybrid or just one programme? I plan on doing all 4 stages at the moment. It really does depend on how I workout the soreness for my combat training though as I don't want to over do it.

@silverbulletsuk slow down a bit if you feel light headed or get chest pains and definitely check your heart rate it could be far too low or far too high.. with you having such a low 1000cal diet this week doing that much workout can be super bad for your body and health.. I really hope your okay I heard on beachbody forums with any beachbody workout you should be eating more to push yourself and help muscle maintenance and growth so any 'fat loss' isn't really just muscle loss.. just stay safe! Saying that I can never move after workouts in Gamma and sometimes feel like skipping the cool down but that would be a bad thing haha! Make sure you have a sports hydrating drink it really helps cause I sweat alot too.. I always find it harder to give my all and push myself without food. Goodluck!

• SliverBulletsUK
    Options
    Hi all, hope you're good.

Today I've completed abs, TBC and a p90x3 video.

Feeling pretty good. I missed one earlier in the week so had to add another, but abs is always a good one to add to my workout.

I hope everyone else is getting on OK.

@supersimonesquirrel I'm starting to think that TBC is my new most hated (overtaking lower focus ) I don't know if it's because I have it three times this week or because I'm doing two programmes and the planks and squats and such take it out of me in this video. Either way it's becoming less fun.

@RachelRiley87 I hope you're feeling better now and the Muay Thai isn't leaving you too battere and bruised. Great effort though to keep getting both workoutsdine daily!!

I'm intrigued to see how the fitbit treats you, I was thinking about getting one with a HRM, I was weighing up whether to get that or an actual HRM. I heard that some of the fit bits aren't as accurate as they could be but I suppose that's the case with anything like that really. I currently have the fitbit flex.

The light headedness isn't a reoccurring thing. It was just that morning cause I'd not eaten yet. Don't worry I'm not limiting my food to 1000 Cals, I'm trying to burn a 1000cals a day. I'm not one for limiting my food lol.

Especially doing the two workouts, then I would be in trouble. I've been tracking my weight etc and my muscle mass is increasing so far so very happy with that
  • SliverBulletsUK
    Options
    Sorry it cut my message off midway through. I put emojis in, I remember you said that makes it not wotk @RachelRiley87 .

The rest of the message

Especially doing the two workouts, then I would be in trouble. I've been tracking my weight etc and my muscle mass is increasing so far so very happy with that :)
    Thank you for the concern and support though :)

@Jenpiddles I've been looking at my next step too. I really want to go for insanity max 30 because I loved insanity but I'm only on my last week of alpha so I'll put those plans on hold for now lol.

Everyone else I hope you're doing well. Keep pushing and keep working hard.

FOCUS
  • supersimonesquirrel
    supersimonesquirrel Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Took my rest day yesterday, just completed lower focus @SliverBulletsUK think it is getting easier. Maybe it is time for a new most hated workout haha. Insanity max 30 looks really insane. I have a choice of that, insanity or piyo for my next workout. I had to pause for extra water today as it is really hot and humid, glad I switched my workouts to the evening.

@RachelRiley87 Can I ask what is Muay Thai? Sounds interesting :smile: Glad you are feeling better now.