tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I can't remember my collarbones @pinkstarberry lol
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    kah68 wrote: »
    Good Morning.

@Niki ~I’m actually having a vegetarian week this week. For lunches I made a Mexican quinoa which is quinoa, black beans, corn, a jalapeno, tomatoes, onion and some spices. For dinner I made lasagna stuffed zucchini—I made a homemade marinara then sautéed spinach, onion, garlic and mixed with ricotta and parmesan. I stuffed that into some hallowed out zucchini that I halved—topped with the marinara and mozzarella and baked. Super yummy! :yum:

Kelly ... your dishes sound delicious. I'd go for that Mexican auinoa any day! For me, most vegetarian dishes are sans ricotta cause to me dairy is a main source of animal protein ... go figure!

Good luck on your upcoming surgery. I was speaking with RobinsEgg the other day and she asked how you and Karen were doing. She's holding her own.
  • MichelleHudler
    MichelleHudler Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hello All! I am fairly new to MFP (April 25 2016). I Started at 250lbs. and have currently dropped to 232lbs. I was lower but it seems that over the past week, although my eating and activities have not changed, I am gaining again. So in the spirit of Thursday Truth Day I will fess up to wanting to quit. I pay A LOT of money to a trainer 3X weekly at gym and workout like crazy at home. My calories have naturally fallen to 1000-1200 daily. I gained three pounds yesterday. I confess to being impatient. I don't expect to lose as quickly as I had the whole time but to gain???? And yes I weigh and log all food.

I am in need of not only motivation but a course correction. Any thoughts?

Hello All! I just wanted to inform you all that with your help and perspective I stayed the course. I am now bobbling again. However things have changed. First it is at 215-220 (So ten pounds less) and second I know why and will not panic. Thanks all for your comfort. Here's to another ten next month :)
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @michelle-- Good for you for sticking with it!! That 10 lb loss is testament to your hard work and perseverance. :smile:

@niki-- glad to hear you are in contact with robin. Please tell her "hello" from me the next time you speak with her.

@kelley-- thanks, I'm really enjoying lifting again, even if it is at pretty light levels right now. Good luck getting the house ready for your surgery-- sounds like you are well-prepared. :smile:

@trinati-- we've had some hot temps here in Chicago, but the humidity seems to be lower than usual which is nice.

@celtik-- your team is killing it in the AR challenge!! Wow, do you have some workhorses on that team!! We are currently in 2nd place, so not too bad. :smile:

Tuesday Goals:
    Well, today the temps dipped into the 80s, so I took advantage of the break from the heat to get some yard work done. We have a patch of raspberry bushes that have gotten completely out of control and have a couple of other weed-like bushes intertwined within them. My DH has been working so much overtime, that he hasn't had a chance trim them, so today I cut them down. Years ago, when we first bought the house, I almost cut off two fingers using hedge trimmers. Seventeen stitches later, I decided that would be my first and last attempt at using those, so I used my little pruning shears to do the entire job. They cut through all but the thickest stems which I left alone since I have to dig up the roots anyways. I also mowed gunner's yard.

Tomorrow is supposed to be stormy, so I hope to get some of my list items completed. I also plan to go to the gym again. :)

General Goals:
    1. Take donations to GW
    2. Do something about weeds
    3. Get car detailed
    4. Make doctor/dentist appointments
    5. Clean files of 2015 paperwork
    6. File 2016 paperwork
    7. Take winter coat to cleaners
    8. Find someone to repair shed

Fitness Goals for the month of June:
    Visit gym of run outside minimum of 10 times 6/10
    Run at least 13/25 miles

You vs Year Challenge:
    182 k done/ 818 k to go

Exercise Goals:
    Sun-- walk gunner DONE
    Mon-- walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Tues-- walk gunner DONE TWICE + mow lawn and yard work DONE
    Wed-- walk gunner + gym
    Thurs-- walk gunner
    Fri-- walk gunner + gym
    Sat-- walk gunner
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @Michelle ~Great loss over the last month, all of that hard work paid off! :star:

@Niki ~When I follow a vegetarian diet, I’m generally a lacto ovo vegetarian so I still eat dairy and eggs. I’m not one to ever go vegan—a friend of mine at work has recently adopted that way of eating and her diet is 80% carbs. That’s just too much for me, I don’t like carbs that much. :wink: I think of Robin often, give her my best next time you talk to her.

AFM~Its hot! :sweat: I even wore my hair up today, I never do that. :wink:
  • pinkstarberry
    pinkstarberry Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

My biggest vanity wish is to be able to wear really cute dresses once I'm slimmer. I especially love Japanese fashion but it's very difficult to find in bigger sizes, so I'm using that as a motivation and goal to work toward :)

I hope the rest of everyone's week goes great!! :smiley:
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    @pinkstarberry we spend a lot of time either in China or dealing with China and there's always things I think are so freaking cute, and I won't approach them at all, because they're just not meant for overweight people. Korean and Japanese fashions too. The height of fashionable, but not for me. I buy it for my daughters instead ;)
  • wadwrich
    wadwrich Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I exercised today... I'm just sayin'
  • charrisma420
    charrisma420 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm nikki. I'm new to the thread but thought this might help me stay on my journey. I am working towards a 100 lbs loss, 9 down, 91 to go. It's been about 5 weeks, but I was off for a week due to injury. I love this app so I thought I would try to find some weight loss buddies.

The Wednesday question: What do you wish? I want to be thin. I have been heavy all my life. I want to be able to wear what I want and not have to worry...do they carry my size? Will I look too fat? My weight is the only thing I hate about myself. I swim, do yoga, and kickboxing workouts...at least one day, plus I am up and down a lot at work. I have started adding more water to my day. I am finally making sure I eat enough each day. So I'm on the right path.
  • WIGirl1970
    WIGirl1970 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome @charrisma420 !! You're in the right place. Lots of good support here. Keep up the good work!!
  • jlolsen516
    jlolsen516 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new to the community, but not to MFP. I need to lose over 100 lbs, and need to stay loyal to the cause. I am having health problems that are aggravated by my weight. I am 33, Mom of 7 children, my oldest is 13 and my youngest is 9 months old. I need to get healthy so I will be around a long time for my kids. My Wednesday wish is that I can move past yo-yoing with the same 10 lbs, and actually move steadily down. I want to be able to clothes shop at regular stores, and I want to run around and chase my kids.
  • jaded33jade
    jaded33jade Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    @Nikion901 Yes I do have water retention problems. I take medicine for it. Sadly all the meds I have to take each morning should be counted as a meal all by itself. :( I do try my best to limit the carbs I eat as they are not a friend of anyone trying to loose weight. Sometimes I have 20 or less carbs a day. Sadly I am not able to do much in the exercise area. My body just wont allow it.

@charrisma420 welcome to the group. It's a long journey we are on but we can do this together. :) I understand how you feel and shopping. I can never find anything in my size. It does make me depressed but I just keep my head high and keep saying I got this. I know you got this too. ;) ­­

@jlolsen516 welcome to the group. You have some great goals set up. Love you Wednesday wish ;) that's awesome. I am in shock over all this kids lol jk I have 2 but I don't think I could have handled any more lol I have to tip my hat to those mommy's that can. Your awesome girl :)

Love all you guys and welcome to anyone I may have missed. I have had a small weight loss just a few lbs not much but hey every little bit counts right. Our pool finally has the new liner in it. So tomorrow is pool day :) So as always my wish is to looses weight so I'm able to do the things I did when I was younger and be proud of the way I look.
    My goal this week is to swim a good amount of laps everyday.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @jaded-- I also try to limit carbs. One thing I've found that really helps me is to start my day with protein and save the carbs for later in the day. If I start with carbs-- even healthy carbs-- it kicks up my appetite for more and I consume more calories throughout the day. Enjoy your pool day tomorrow!!

@jlolsen516 -- welcome to the thread! Wow, with all those kids, I can't imagine you ever stop moving. LOL

@charrisma420 -- welcome to you as well! Sounds like you are really active which will help you reach your goals. Though it sounds sort of vain, I admit, the lack of clothing options and feeling like I never looked good in anything, were probably the main issues that pushed me over the edge and onto this site 5 years ago. I was a size 18, but refused to shop at "plus-sized" stores (again vanity :blush: ), so my only options were places like TJ Maxx or Target. When the 18s started to get tight, I finally decided to do something about it. The good news is that with every size you drop, you feel so much better and it will motivate you to lose even more. It also helped me that I had a bunch of smaller clothes just sitting in my closet that I would try on every few weeks. Seeing that I was getting closer to being able to wear them helped me push through early on. I'm now a size 12 and I'm seriously considering going out to buy a few sized 10 outfits just to give me a new goal.

@wadwrich -- awesome!! Go you!

AFM-- I had a pretty productive day today running errands, but they took longer than I anticipated so I didn't get to the gym. I did take gunner for a second walk to try to burn a few more calories, but I need to get back to the gym tomorrow.

Wednesday Wish:
    I don't really have anything specific for me, so I will just wish for continued motivation and success for all of us.

General Goals:
    1. Take donations to GW DONE
    2. Do something about weeds BOUGHT WEED BE GONE and ROUND UP
    3. Get car detailed
    4. Make doctor/dentist appointments
    5. Clean files of 2015 paperwork
    6. File 2016 paperwork
    7. Take winter coat to cleaners
    8. Find someone to repair shed

Fitness Goals for the month of June:
    Visit gym of run outside minimum of 10 times 6/10
    Run at least 13/25 miles

You vs Year Challenge:
    182 k done/ 818 k to go

Exercise Goals:
    Sun-- walk gunner DONE
    Mon-- walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Tues-- walk gunner DONE TWICE + mow lawn and yard work DONE
    Wed-- walk gunner DONE TWICE + gym NOT DONE
    Thurs-- walk gunner + gym
    Fri-- walk gunner
    Sat-- walk gunner
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Thursday Truth -- I haven't joined the gym yet that I promised my doctor I would join.

A second Thursday Truth is that I feel much better, physically, if I get active first thing instead of heading to either the kitchen or the computer desk.

This morning I dd just that and got in about 30 minutes of yard work before I hauled the trash tote to the curb for pickup. When I started out, I was very stiff and sore to move in any way at all but by the time I got done I felt limber and ready for a healthy breakfast. Today it was an egg with a mushroom/celery saute and a whole wheat pita on the side. And my coffee.

Have a great weekend everyone ... on the morrow it will be TGIF.
  • jlolsen516
    jlolsen516 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth, I LOVE carbs. I really think I am a sugar addict, and I have been soooo good all week, but boy do I crave!! Today was a "I'd kill for starch" day. I had a plain baked potato for breakfast, mashed potato for lunch, and spaghetti for dinner. It tasted s sooooooo ooooooo good.... mmmmmmm...
  • Nikion901
    Options
    jlolsen516 wrote: »
    Thursday truth, I LOVE carbs. I really think I am a sugar addict, and I have been soooo good all week, but boy do I crave!! Today was a "I'd kill for starch" day. I had a plain baked potato for breakfast, mashed potato for lunch, and spaghetti for dinner. It tasted s sooooooo ooooooo good.... mmmmmmm...

That's really interesting ... I wanted carbs today also, I always do ... so I a baked russet potato with broccoli and shredded cheddar cheese for lunch. ... And oatmeal with an egg and blueberries for dinner! Carb loading feels so good sometimes.
  • Nikion901
    Options
    For all us carb lovers out there ... a tasty carby recipe that is good for you ... and easy to make ...

Roasted Veggie Medley
    Ingredients
    1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 large onion, quartered
    2 carrots, diced
    1 yellow or red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
    1 bunch of asparagus, woody bottoms removed
    2 beets, peeled and quartered
    4 garlic cloves, peeled
    ¼ cup crushed fresh rosemary (or your favorite green herb)
    Sea salt (optional)

Preparation
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray or brush a baking sheet with olive oil. Drizzle the olive oil over the vegetables in a bowl and toss to coat them. Spread the vegetables and garlic evenly across the baking sheet. Sprinkle with the rosemary and sea salt to taste (if using). Roast for 15 minutes and then flip the vegetables and roast for another 10 minutes. They should be browned but not overcooked.

• GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth - I have not been watching what I eat, just stress eating for a good 3-4 weeks and it's showing in the scale. I need to get back on the ball and track everything. I decided to adjust my calorie goals upward and set it at 1500, which I promptly went over when I tracked everything I have already eaten along with the dinner and late night snack I have planned. Guess I'll have to get off my butt and walk on breaks today and try to burn some calories. DH & I have both been very sick the last 3 to 4 weeks, and while I'm feeling better, he's still being a whiny butt about being sick and wanting me to do everything for him. Of course, he IS very sick, but he isn't even trying to do anything for himself (reach for things, etc). I'm very frustrated with him and consequently eating my anger and frustration instead of speaking it (all it does is make things worse to call him on his behavior!). Sometimes I just want to scream! And I'm so tired all the time, and missing tons of work. The home health care worker is in the middle of having all her teeth pulled, so she's missed 2 of 4 days this week, and a couple days last week too, and left me hold the bag and miss work myself. DH really likes her and doesn't want me to complain, BUT he's not the one that's losing work hours and sleep. It's taken me more than 30 minutes to finish typing this because I keep nodding off, Grrrrr!
    Tracy
    TX
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    @GOINSTD12 Is your husband one of those folks that almost never get sick, but when they do, it's abysmal? Sending good recovery energy towards both of you.

Checking in early for Friday. I've been very good about keeping active this week, but not killing myself doing it. Tuesday, I surprised myself being able to rub an uninterrupted 40 minutes. (A milestone goal).

This weekend is shaping up to be busy. We're having a neighborhood block party on Saturday, and I'm taking chicken to grill, a safe coleslaw, and watermelon slushies. If I manage to get in a walk beforehand, I'll even have room for a s'more. Sunday, some of the department faculty are going whitewater rafting on the Upper Youghigheny with a group of the incoming freshmen. I've been looking forward to this trip for months, and I really hope that even though I'm still obese, I'm fit enough to keep up with the other adults. Luckily, we are supposed to pack a lunch, so I can avoid death by potato chip. Hope everyone else also has a good weekend planned.