Weekly Weigh In Challenge for June

Options

Replies

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Good Morning and Happy Tuesday. I hope you all had a great start to you week and that you have set your realistic goals to achieve and working your butts off to reach them!

Todays question:

Do you use supplements?
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    The only kind of supplements I use are all natrual stuff like dandelion capsules for cleansing and green tea capsules. I also drink green tea daily. Thats all.
  • rollinskae
    rollinskae Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Do you use supplements?

Yep! On days that I work out (usually 6 days a week), right when I get home I drink a scoop or two of whey protein powder mixed with almond or cashew milk. I usually have trouble getting my protein macros in so this is a good "meal". My appetite is much smaller than it used to be and drinking my macros is so much easier! I've also been testing out a pre-workout supplement, only once or twice a week. I probably won't stick with it though because coffee does the job of perking me up too :)
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    rollinskae wrote: »
    Do you use supplements?

Yep! On days that I work out (usually 6 days a week), right when I get home I drink a scoop or two of whey protein powder mixed with almond or cashew milk. I usually have trouble getting my protein macros in so this is a good "meal". My appetite is much smaller than it used to be and drinking my macros is so much easier! I've also been testing out a pre-workout supplement, only once or twice a week. I probably won't stick with it though because coffee does the job of perking me up too :)

ahh yes forgot about my whey protein powder as well also used to help with my protein intake. I dont have it everyday tho maybe 4 times a week.
  • Shelle33
    Shelle33 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Name: Shelle

Starting Weight May 29th: 176.6
    Goal Weight July 3rd: 171.6 (Ideally, I'd like to get out of the 170s this month, but we'll see.)

Weigh In Week

June 5: 176
    June 12: 175
    June 19: 173.2
    June 26:
    July 3:

Total LBS lost this week: 1.8
    Total LBS lost this month: 3.4

Weekly Goals: Tighten up my logging. No treats during the week. More fruit and veg.

Struggles: I've had some odd fluctuations. When I weighed myself yesterday I was 177.8, but I had really swollen feet. Scales are weird. Still trying to figure out the exercise piece

Successes: Lost some weight. Didn't gain copious amounts during the conference.
  • Shelle33
    Shelle33 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Do I use supplements?

Yes. I have to as a vegetarian. I take a multivitamin with iron and B12. I also use whey protein powder just because I find it difficult to get all the protein I need.
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    No,I do not use supplements.
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    For those wanting to join our July challenge. It will no longer be in here but in a group.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-kill-the-fat-monthly-weight-loss-challenge

Here is the link again for next month. It will be an actual challenge in a group with 1st 2nd and 3rd place winners. I won't do it in a thread anymore. No prizes other than the fact that we've lost pounds lol. Go in and register in the registration announcement. Next month we won't take late entries.

I've sent a request to join the group. I want to add my weigh in day n stuff but I can do after I get accepted right?

I think so. I didn't start the group and I'm waitinf to be accepted myself.

Yes I will go today and add you to the group. I have to accept the request first I'll hop on my computer today.

Thank you!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,055 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Do you use supplements?

Yes.

I actually didn't consider the protein as a supplement until you folks posted since it is such an integrated part of my daily diet. I accidentally found that I probably had a protein deficiency and it was causing all sorts of aches and pains in my body (to the point of mimicking fibromyalgia). So I try not to go more than a day without some protein powder either in a smoothie or just by itself in a drink. Then via tracking my macros here, I realized pretty much can't get enough protein to meet my macros (and I'm not even doing the high protein ratios) without the protein powder even though I do usually like to eat plenty of meat.

I also try to remember to take a daily multivitamin, extra b12, primrose for PMS, black cohosh and soy for menopause, glucosamine for aches and pains, and since tracking nutrients here, I added back some iron and am trying a little potassium because I have huge deficits in those most days. I will also take olive leaf extract if I feel a cold/bug coming on or on days when I feel I need a natural antibiotic boost (like last week when I paddled about in the bay after the storms despite the health warnings and then realized I had a cut on my foot). I used to take a ton more, but I've really cut down on my supplement pills. It is good to get a nutrient view here of what I eat to verify that I'm doing okay with some of the others (Vitamin C, Calcium, etc).
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I just joined the group as well
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Oh yea by the way...WELL DONE ON THOSE LOSSES THIS WEEK. Was happy to see the weigh ins today very well done everyone!
  • Kanyon17
    Kanyon17 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Name: Karyne
    Height: 5'10"

Starting Weight May 29th: 217.6
    Goal Weight July 3rd: 212.6 (1 lb/week)

Weigh In Week

June 5: 216 lbs
    June 12: 211.6 lbs
    June 19:215.4 lbs
    June 26:
    July 3:

Total LBS lost this week: +3.8 lbs
    Total LBS lost this month: 2.2 lbs

Weekly Goals:
    My goals for next week are:
    - Lose 1lbs
    - not to jump any meal, especially on the weekend.

Struggles: I knew 211.6 was a low but I didn't think I'd lost almost all my progress in the following week :( I haven't even been that bad!

Successes: I think I might be able to get below 200 lbs by the end of july and I'm super excited about it!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Kanyon17 wrote: »
    Name: Karyne
    Height: 5'10"

Starting Weight May 29th: 217.6
    Goal Weight July 3rd: 212.6 (1 lb/week)

Weigh In Week

June 5: 216 lbs
    June 12: 211.6 lbs
    June 19:215.4 lbs
    June 26:
    July 3:

Total LBS lost this week: +3.8 lbs
    Total LBS lost this month: 2.2 lbs

Weekly Goals:
    My goals for next week are:
    - Lose 1lbs
    - not to jump any meal, especially on the weekend.

Struggles: I knew 211.6 was a low but I didn't think I'd lost almost all my progress in the following week :( I haven't even been that bad!

Successes: I think I might be able to get below 200 lbs by the end of july and I'm super excited about it!

Maybe you have some water weight. Are you drinking enough? maybe its that time of the month?
  • 1971_BeckyCM
    1971_BeckyCM Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Todays question:

Do you use supplements?

I have been getting back to using them again. SO right now I'm taking flax seed oil capsules, Magnesium/calcium/zinc tablet, iron tablet, and a multivitamin gummy as well as some grounded flax seed.
  • missjuicyfruit5
    missjuicyfruit5 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Name: Michaela

Starting Weight May 29th: 306.6
    Goal Weight July 3rd: 295

Weigh In Week

June 5: 304.0
    June 12: 301.2
    June 19: 298.8
    June 26: 296.4
    July 3:

Total LBS lost this week: 2.4
    Total LBS lost this month: 10.2

Weekly Goals:
    Stay motivated and avoid binging because of cravings

Struggles:
    Eating between meals and after I've finished my food journal for the day

Successes:
    Exceeded my weekly weight loss goal of 2lbs
  • jenlaw71
    jenlaw71 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sadly no new numbers to report since my last post as the scale has become frozen where it's at! No matter what I do - the numbers are not moving - either direction :(
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    jenlaw71 wrote: »
    Sadly no new numbers to report since my last post as the scale has become frozen where it's at! No matter what I do - the numbers are not moving - either direction :(

Well tell us exactly what you are doing and maybe some of us might have some tips or adjustments you can try. How many calories do you eat, how much water daily, workout schedule, macro percentages, etc etc.
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    jenlaw71 wrote: »

Have you been taking body measurements? Hips waist arms neck and thighs? Sometimes your losing in other ways

I took a quick peak at your diary. Looks like you're not logging everything in and skipping days. You maybe eating more then you think you are on the days you don't log. The trick is to log everything everyday so you can catch what your doing and correct it.

We need some info from you, how much are you eating a day? weight height and age.