Game of Thrones

Options

Replies

• anjulajj
    anjulajj Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Battle of the *kitten* was a very satisfying episode. I am a game of thrones *kitten*. I don't do anything on sundays besides got
  • Comms0p
    Comms0p Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Good for Sansa and John Snow. Really to the whole Stark family... I don't know what was more satisfying... Joffrey or Ramsey dieing. Did anyone see that smile she made while walking away from the cell... She has had enough... Now I wonder what the price will be for Balish coming to her aid. That is one guy I will never be able to get a read on... what side is he on?

Balish has had a thing for Sansa, it's as close as he'll ever get to Catherine. I don't think he's after Winterfell though. He's an odd character - smoozy and sneaky.

I was half covering my eyes during the fight! Thinking OMG they are going to kill him off again! Sucks that we don't get to read ahead of time like the previous seasons! >:(
  • MarkofSuccess
    MarkofSuccess Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Sansa Stark has an army and John Snow doesn't.
    Hmmmmm...??!! Who dies next Sansa or John?
  • Comms0p
    Comms0p Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    neither die and they find out he wasn't Starks 'bar steward' son but the previous kings and he marries the dragon queen and they rule and live happily ever after [/quote]

Based on Bran's visions, I believe it is Ned Starks sister's son! You could be right about that :)
  • saranne1015
    saranne1015 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    moijo0 wrote: »
    Ne

neither die and they find out he wasn't Starks 'bar steward' son but the previous kings and he marries the dragon queen and they rule and live happily ever after

Well, to quote a much beloved character, recently deceased, "If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention."
  • saranne1015
    Options
    Comms0p wrote: »
    Good for Sansa and John Snow. Really to the whole Stark family... I don't know what was more satisfying... Joffrey or Ramsey dieing. Did anyone see that smile she made while walking away from the cell... She has had enough... Now I wonder what the price will be for Balish coming to her aid. That is one guy I will never be able to get a read on... what side is he on?

Balish has had a thing for Sansa, it's as close as he'll ever get to Catherine. I don't think he's after Winterfell though. He's an odd character - smoozy and sneaky.

I was half covering my eyes during the fight! Thinking OMG they are going to kill him off again! Sucks that we don't get to read ahead of time like the previous seasons! >:(

He's definitely already asked for something, and my guess it's to marry Sansa. Not because he's super into her (he is, but that's not the point), but because she's the last known living legitimate heir to Winterfell, and therefore the Wardeness of the North--which basically makes her Queen in the North, seeing as the king is having his own problems in King's Landing with the zealots and can't be bothered to quel another rebellion. I think Baelish underestimates Sansa's abilities and strength, though. Guess we'll see...
  • saranne1015
    Options
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    Sansa isn't as smart as she thinks she is. If she clued her brother in on the additional forces then they could have reworked their gameplan and maybe wouldn't have lost more than half of their army. Sure they've taken winterfell but who is left to defend it?
    Also what kind of moron doesn't serpentine when running away from arrows?

They had to draw the entirety of the opposing army into the center and separate the commanders from their forces in order to flank them. I don't think they knew about the Bolton's shield wall offense or the other attack from the rear, but I actually do think Sansa clued Jon in before she took off and they planned their maneuvers accordingly.

I'm probably reading waaaay too much into this, but it's a slow work day.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    Sansa isn't as smart as she thinks she is. If she clued her brother in on the additional forces then they could have reworked their gameplan and maybe wouldn't have lost more than half of their army. Sure they've taken winterfell but who is left to defend it?

They had to draw the entirety of the opposing army into the center and separate the commanders from their forces in order to flank them. I don't think they knew about the Bolton's shield wall offense or the other attack from the rear, but I actually do think Sansa clued Jon in before she took off and they planned their maneuvers accordingly.

Why would that scene happen off camera? Here's the private conversation they showed us.

Sansa: Jon, why didn't you want my input? I know the enemy.
    Jon: Sorry, tell me what you know.
    Sansa: He's tricky, don't get tricked!
    Jon: :unamused:
  • avionicsman14
    avionicsman14 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    What an epic episode 8!! Looking forward to the last 2 episodes
  • TehLaughingDog
    TehLaughingDog Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Ne

neither die and they find out he wasn't Starks 'bar steward' son but the previous kings and he marries the dragon queen and they rule and live happily ever after
    Jon is Dany's nephew. Don't think they can marry. It would be weird.

This is what the Targaryans do. They've been marrying close relatives for generations back to old Valerya. This is also why they were slowly becoming insane in theory and why the last dragons failed to thrive. If Dany had been born sooner she would have been married to her older brother Rhaegar instead of him being married to Elia Martell. Thus possibly resulting in Rhaegar not taking Lyanna Stark and never having Robert's Rebellion which overthrew the Targaryans leading to the events of the series. ;)
  • saranne1015
    Options

Why would that scene happen off camera? Here's the private conversation they showed us.

Sansa: Jon, why didn't you want my input? I know the enemy.
    Jon: Sorry, tell me what you know.
    Sansa: He's tricky, don't get tricked!
    Jon: :unamused:

To build suspense and make you think everything was over and Bolton had won again? If the scene had had Sansa saying, "Well, whatever, Jon, you should have included me. I'm gonna BRB and get Peter Baelish to help us, so no problem, OK?", the suspense would have been far less and the episode would have only been half as satisfying.
  • saranne1015
    Options
    But I could be wrong. Jon did look pretty surprised. But he always looks slightly surprised. Or concerned. Or disgruntled. But always gorgeous.
  • saranne1015
    Options
    Ne

Jon is Dany's nephew. Don't think they can marry. It would be weird.

This is what the Targaryans do. They've been marrying close relatives for generations back to old Valerya. This is also why they were slowly becoming insane in theory and why the last dragons failed to thrive. If Dany had been born sooner she would have been married to her older brother Rhaegar instead of him being married to Elia Martell. Thus possibly resulting in Rhaegar not taking Lyanna Stark and never having Robert's Rebellion which overthrew the Targaryans leading to the events of the series. ;)

Yeah, I feel like a nephew would be a slight step up from a brother. At least the genes are a little more mixed, there.
  • saranne1015
    Options
    ^

But then the show writers are not dumb to lock the two of the three most beloved characters into an incest loop ;)

I think Dany and Yara are going to get some chicka tikka masala in season 7!

Cersei and Jaime, anyone? If we've learned anything from GoT, it's that incest is best.

I think Dany had a gay affair with a slave in the books, and really, the writers will take any chance to have more T&A in the show, so I bet you're right. Yara is probably my favorite.
  • TehLaughingDog
    Options
    ^

But then the show writers are not dumb to lock the two of the three most beloved characters into an incest loop ;)

I think Dany and Yara are going to get some chicka tikka masala in season 7!

Cersei and Jaime, anyone? If we've learned anything from GoT, it's that incest is best.

I think Dany had a gay affair with a slave in the books, and really, the writers will take any chance to have more T&A in the show, so I bet you're right. Yara is probably my favorite.

Yeah I think they'd still bring in Jon and Dany same as they brought in Jamie and Cersei. And we all know G RR Martin will bring it in.

And Dany did have sex with her handmaiden that has fallen out of the show. They kinda showed it when Dany was learning to "please" Khal Drogo via her handmaiden because they showed her excited about it. But I do know Dany's actress signed to no longer have nude scenes in her contract. I love Yara but I don't think how the show writers have been portraying Dany are along the same lines as she's portrayed in the books. Dany in the books is a little more dynamic so it felt "right" for her to have a developing lesbian scene and I'd love if it was written in for Asha (Yara in the books) and Dany. But I feel like if show Dany and Yara do have some sexually charged scenes it'll be a bit of a push for them to act on it from how they've developed Dany... But then I'm always hoping they'll make show Dany more dynamic because book Dany is awesome and has more substance.

Also it'd just be really cool if HBO brought in a lesbian relationship that isn't just for the T&A... But I doubt that'll ever freaking happen.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    no longer have nude scenes in her contract.

Unless if furthered the character development. I believe the Dothraki scene really was her a few episodes back, according to her twitter.
  • TehLaughingDog
    edited June 2016
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »

Unless if furthered the character development. I believe the Dothraki scene really was her a few episodes back, according to her twitter.

Ah! Thank you for the correction. Are you talking about the Khal trial scene in vaes dothrak? Because I totally forgot about that scene until you mentioned it.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options

Ah! Thank you for the correction. Are you talking about the Khal trial scene in vaes dothrak? Because I totally forgot about that scene until you mentioned it.

Exactly, the Vaes Dothrak pyro scene.
  • TehLaughingDog
    Options

Exactly, the Vaes Dothrak pyro scene.

Yeah I completely had forgotten about that scene. Well... I had forgotten that she was nude in that scene, kinda hard to forget everything else about that scene haha. I hope that if they do have a scene with Yara that it does improve character development. Hit two birds with one stone - have a meaningful lesbian relationship on the show and flesh out both characters a little more. You've given me hope!