Options

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    no longer have nude scenes in her contract.

Unless if furthered the character development. I believe the Dothraki scene really was her a few episodes back, according to her twitter.

Ah! Thank you for the correction. Are you talking about the Khal trial scene in vaes dothrak? Because I totally forgot about that scene until you mentioned it.

Exactly, the Vaes Dothrak pyro scene.

Yeah I completely had forgotten about that scene. Well... I had forgotten that she was nude in that scene, kinda hard to forget everything else about that scene haha. I hope that if they do have a scene with Yara that it does improve character development. Hit two birds with one stone - have a meaningful lesbian relationship on the show and flesh out both characters a little more. You've given me hope!

doubtful. we've already seen some play actor's dk just for the hell of it. :(
  • TehLaughingDog
    TehLaughingDog Posts: 200 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

Unless if furthered the character development. I believe the Dothraki scene really was her a few episodes back, according to her twitter.

Ah! Thank you for the correction. Are you talking about the Khal trial scene in vaes dothrak? Because I totally forgot about that scene until you mentioned it.

Yeah I completely had forgotten about that scene. Well... I had forgotten that she was nude in that scene, kinda hard to forget everything else about that scene haha. I hope that if they do have a scene with Yara that it does improve character development. Hit two birds with one stone - have a meaningful lesbian relationship on the show and flesh out both characters a little more. You've given me hope!

doubtful. we've already seen some play actor's dk just for the hell of it. :(
    That's what I've been saying for the past few posts. :(
  • AngelinaB_
    AngelinaB_ Posts: 563 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Tsartele wrote: »
    One of the best episodes of all time

Agree @Tsartele . I was waiting for that Dragon scene all my life. And for Ramsay's too !
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options

I think a lot of the fan theories for the 3 heads of the dragon would be Dany and two men (Jon/Bran/Tyrion), but what if it's two women and a man? Anyone know of another woman with the potential to be a dragon rider? Meera? Asha/Yara? SANSA?
  • AngelinaB_
    edited June 2016
    Options
    That was a quick death for Lamesey.

Lamesay LOL @Cutaway_Collar. I felt the same way.

(SP alert)

I wonder why that guy wasn't killed before by their own? Nobody liked him.

• AngelinaB_
    edited June 2016
    Options
    x311Tifa wrote: »
    To be fair to the show, they did show Arya beside a massive Dragon skull in the first series.
    You know who I'd like to finish up in charge?
    Pod!
    Just because

Speaking of people we haven't seen in.. well... forever. What is the deal with Gendry? Will we ever seen him again? I mean, at this point, his blood is pointless and the red woman would want nothing to do with him. So... Is he done forever? I mean, he technically is the last Baratheon shown living on the show.

I think Gendry and Pod are off somewhere forming Westeros' first Boy Band,

Totally @BigDougie1211 hahaha love them both. I hope Gendry appears soon.

(SP alert)

By the way having a guess appearance of Ian McShane as Septon Ray was such a crime!!!!
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    That was a quick death for Lamesey. I was hoping Jon would chase him and beat him with a stick and he begs Sansa to ask her brother to stop... These script writers suck.

Next week, I think the Lannisters are going to get wiped out.

I am glad your not in charge of script writing
  • Tsartele
    Options
    Good for Sansa and John Snow. Really to the whole Stark family... I don't know what was more satisfying... Joffrey or Ramsey dieing. Did anyone see that smile she made while walking away from the cell... She has had enough... Now I wonder what the price will be for Balish coming to her aid. That is one guy I will never be able to get a read on... what side is he on?

I'm sure he wants to marry her/pound her but she's not having it. Banish is on Balish's side.
  • TehLaughingDog
    Options
    Good for Sansa and John Snow. Really to the whole Stark family... I don't know what was more satisfying... Joffrey or Ramsey dieing. Did anyone see that smile she made while walking away from the cell... She has had enough... Now I wonder what the price will be for Balish coming to her aid. That is one guy I will never be able to get a read on... what side is he on?

I'm sure he wants to marry her/pound her but she's not having it. Banish is on Balish's side.

I was thinking this too... That he'd want Sansa... But then I felt that Baelish wouldn't be that simple so I'm at a loss on what he'd want. This show has scarred me. :lol:
  • TehLaughingDog
    Options

I think a lot of the fan theories for the 3 heads of the dragon would be Dany and two men (Jon/Bran/Tyrion), but what if it's two women and a man? Anyone know of another woman with the potential to be a dragon rider? Meera? Asha/Yara? SANSA?

I love this theory. :heart:
  • Comms0p
    Comms0p Posts: 228 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    So excited for the next season! What wonders will they come up with next???

Also, I don't think Jon Snow is of Dragon Blood, but a Baratheon! Remember the first book: of dark hair and curls?!? & Ned took him in as his own in order to protect him from the Mad king (Targaryen)
  • theJojoUK
    theJojoUK Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Can't help being disappointed by this last season and especially the finale. I get the sense that the writers have lost the enthusiasm with which the show started off with. Save for a couple of episodes this season was bleh for me.
  • bloozghosty
    bloozghosty Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those annoying book people, but I did enjoy parts of this season, I have to keep reminding myself that they're separate.

I needed more Littlefinger having a master plan, less teleporting characters, and more actual consequences and effects to the big deaths.
  • meazy6784
    meazy6784 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Season 6 finally was the best episode ever
  • EsdeathFarron
    EsdeathFarron Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Avoid any social media pages for it until you get caught up! I ended up having to rush through the books awhile back because people kept dropping spoilers on the television show page, but I don't want you having a bunch of T.V. stuff ruined.
  • Tsartele
    edited June 2016
    Options
    theJojoUK wrote: »
    Can't help being disappointed by this last season and especially the finale. I get the sense that the writers have lost the enthusiasm with which the show started off with. Save for a couple of episodes this season was bleh for me.

We obviously can't be watching the same show. Episode 9 "Battle of the Bas-tards" is one of the best episodes of the series. I'd place it in the top 3. The finally was very awesome and revealed so many things to come. The scene with Daenyers crossing the shallow sea with her army, dragons overhead, and the Targaryen Sigil gave me chills. Who would have expected Tommen to commit suicide or Margery to die in the Septon. I also loved how they used the children to enact their plot. "The little birds". If you didn't like this season maybe you should take up watching a different show because you will never be happy.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

We obviously can't be watching the same show. Episode 9 "Battle of the Bas-tards" is one of the best episodes of the series. I'd place it in the top 3. The finally was very awesome and revealed so many things to come. The scene with Daenyers crossing the shallow sea with her army, dragons overhead, and the Targaryen Sigil gave me chills. Who would have expected Tommen to commit suicide or Margery to die in the Septon. I also loved how they used the children to enact their plot. "The little birds". If you didn't like this season maybe you should take up watching a different show because you will never be happy.

I feel the same. As someone who read the books i am kinda iffy on a couple things, but otherwise the season Finale was hands down the best episode of the entire series so far.

Cersei became a true villian. The prophecy of Maggie the Frog came true (with all her children dying before her). Now we just have to see which "little brother" will kill her.

John is Finally king of the north with a good set of allies. It was confirmed via flashback that he is the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. This furthers the idea that he is indeed the prince that was promised. (A song of "ice" and "fire")

Bran is finally the three eye raven who can see both future AND past. He can even manipulate them.

Arya is finally a full fledged assassin fulfilling her revenge.

Sansa is finally free of all the men who used her and is finally wise enough to not fall for their games anymore.

Theon has regained his manhood and pride. His sister will be queen.

Dany has finally left (waste-of-time-oss) and is crossing the sea with not only her unsullied but also a whole fleet of dothraki. She set up that guy in Meereen so that she will always have an ally in Essos.

Tommen and Margery are finally dead and the faith militant have been handled.

There's no need for the dornish master plan because now the tyrells and martell's are being rallied to Dany's side.

Tyrion is finally the hand of the king and appreciated for who he is.

Jaime is finally seeing the monster his sister is.

We found out who "cold hands" from the books was and got closure on where Benjin has been this whole time.

Sam has gone to old town to become a maester and learn about what the heck they can do to defeat the white walkers.

We learned the origin of the white walkers.

Am i missing anything? I mean, come on. They have literally kicked this entire story out of the park this season. So many things we speculated on for years finally came to fruition.
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

I feel the same. As someone who read the books i am kinda iffy on a couple things, but otherwise the season Finale was hands down the best episode of the entire series so far.

Cersei became a true villian. The prophecy of Maggie the Frog came true (with all her children dying before her). Now we just have to see which "little brother" will kill her.

John is Finally king of the north with a good set of allies. It was confirmed via flashback that he is the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. This furthers the idea that he is indeed the prince that was promised. (A song of "ice" and "fire")

Bran is finally the three eye raven who can see both future AND past. He can even manipulate them.

Arya is finally a full fledged assassin fulfilling her revenge.

Sansa is finally free of all the men who used her and is finally wise enough to not fall for their games anymore.

Theon has regained his manhood and pride. His sister will be queen.

Dany has finally left (waste-of-time-oss) and is crossing the sea with not only her unsullied but also a whole fleet of dothraki. She set up that guy in Meereen so that she will always have an ally in Essos.

Tommen and Margery are finally dead and the faith militant have been handled.

There's no need for the dornish master plan because now the tyrells and martell's are being rallied to Dany's side.

Tyrion is finally the hand of the king and appreciated for who he is.

Jaime is finally seeing the monster his sister is.

We found out who "cold hands" from the books was and got closure on where Benjin has been this whole time.

Sam has gone to old town to become a maester and learn about what the heck they can do to defeat the white walkers.

We learned the origin of the white walkers.

Am i missing anything? I mean, come on. They have literally kicked this entire story out of the park this season. So many things we speculated on for years finally came to fruition.

Agreed. I feel like most of the loose ends have been tied up and though the finale wasn't cliff hanger-y, it built plenty of anticipation for the next season.

As a side note I took the under on a bet of how many significant characters would die in the last episode. The line was 18. I lost. Silly me. :(
  • Eoghan91
    Eoghan91 Posts: 17 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Comms0p wrote: »

Also, I don't think Jon Snow is of Dragon Blood, but a Baratheon! Remember the first book: of dark hair and curls?!? & Ned took him in as his own in order to protect him from the Mad king (Targaryen)

Season finale outright confirms he is half targ, half stark; born of Lyanna and Rhaegar. Its why she was whispering to Ned, she was telling him it was rhaegars child, not Roberts. She did this to keep him safe in case Robert found out Rhaegar gave her a baby. This was all happening during a war where the targs were being wiped out by the lannisters and by Robert too. If word got out the baby was half targ there's no way he would have been let live, in the same vain why Tywin had the mountain kill Ellia martells half targaryen children. (Rhaenys and aegon, I think?)

• Comms0p
    Comms0p Posts: 228 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Also, I don't think Jon Snow is of Dragon Blood, but a Baratheon! Remember the first book: of dark hair and curls?!? & Ned took him in as his own in order to protect him from the Mad king (Targaryen)[/quote]

Season finale outright confirms he is half targ, half stark; born of Lyanna and Rhaegar. Its why she was whispering to Ned, she was telling him it was rhaegars child, not Roberts. She did this to keep him safe in case Robert found out Rhaegar gave her a baby. This was all happening during a war where the targs were being wiped out by the lannisters and by Robert too. If word got out the baby was half targ there's no way he would have been let live, in the same vain why Tywin had the mountain kill Ellia martells half targaryen children. (Rhaenys and aegon, I think?)

[/quote]

Makes sense. Madness me want to read the books over again