My food crack is...

Replies

• Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Pizza. It's so easy to make a day a cheat day when there's a whole pizza in the house. I'm usually fine, but there will be some days I just can't resist eating more than one serving.
  • Intentional_Me
    Intentional_Me Posts: 336 Member
    M&ms and popcorn. I don't think I'll ever be able to have a small serving and not go over bored. I mean, maybe if I prebagged and gave the rest away
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    This stuff. I'm not even sure what it's called. Salty caramel puffed popcorn. I could eat myself to death on it, therefore I do NOT buy it. I've only had it at potlucks and such.

58o45zjjyiul.jpg
  • sonnydaniels
    sonnydaniels Posts: 33 Member
    Chicken wings and Reese's PB cups
  • Kelleygirl79
    Kelleygirl79 Posts: 71 Member
    Nutella. I have eaten full jars (the big one from Sam's) more than once in my past. I can never keep this in my house.
    Frosting. Homemade, store bought, on cakes or cupcakes. Until I gag from the sugar.
    Plain ol C&H Dark Brown Sugar straight out of the bag. I have been abusing it of late so currently it's banned from my pantry.
    Cashews. You won't find an open can here because I would have eaten them all with [almost] no regrets.
    Even Wilton Candy Melts (or Ghiradelli) aren't safe here. And I can't EVER keep chocolate chips in the house. I only buy them for a specific recipe.
  • queenofpuppies
    queenofpuppies Posts: 189 Member
    BBQ!!!! I can easily eat 2000 calories in brisket any day of the week and then chase it with some slaw
  • lisalewis7588
    lisalewis7588 Posts: 76 Member
    brownies and ice cream. especially together, but equally dangerous alone. absolutely no self-control. none. whatsoever. most other things I can turn down (even though it can be hard), but brownies and ice cream? I'll be shoulders-deep from diving in before I realize what I'm doing. and even AFTER I realize what I'm doing, I can't stop.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Chicken wings and Reese's PB cups

yes please
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Peanut butter. I start off well, measuring it to go on apple slices, then I measure out a tablespoon to eat off of the spoon, and then another, and another! I can't even eat it at all because I can't stop myself!
  • Camish911
    Camish911 Posts: 150 Member
    Salty food- chips and salsa, cheddar gold fish, etc. I can't even buy those things because I have zero self control.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    The peanut butter and chocolate combo is a killer for me - its a rare treat. Also I admit to being a meataholic - I love ribs, steak, chicken - anything grilled or roasted, so I can really overdo the protein.

Fortunately, I dont like ice cream, unless it has chunks of peanut butter and chocolate in it.

Oh - and Chinese food. I have been watching my calorie budget since October, and have not dared to go into a chinese restaurant cuz once I do, its all bets are off. One day, but not yet!!
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited June 2016
    Cheese "crackers". I throw some shredded sharp cheddar on a pan and bake it until it's crispy. I usually end up eating the entire pan...

I do this with parmesan. Try it... or maybe not ;)

I forgot something! Pistachios!

Duo that makes three for me: peanuts (and peanut butter), pistachios, and potatoes.
  • KnitSewSpin
    KnitSewSpin Posts: 147 Member
    Potato chips. Cookies. Snacks/snacky food.
  • lolosensan2
    lolosensan2 Posts: 28 Member
    miyoko's vegan cheese. The double cream & chive one is ridiculous. I eat it straight...and all at once. :#
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    I love chips and I love chocolate. Have any of you tried this?
    vegan-chocolate-covered-potato-chip-recipe.jpg

Don't do it! It's a trap.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Costco's bakery cookies.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    I'm trying to think what else I have control issues over apart from crisps, and actually, I find that a lot of the things I used to binge on, I am now moderate about. It has been a long road to get here, but there is hope! DEFINITELY a NSV for me today, just realising that!

There are, however, some things in which moderation spoils the fun, so I only have them rarely so I can go all out. One of these - and unless you've been to Scotland you will not be able to truly understand this experience - is the heavenly delight called the Crispy Morning Roll (a kind of bap, but that description pales before its chewy crusty fluffy awesomeness) with A THICK layer of salty butter. I mean THICK, like at least a quarter of an inch.

Oh my. I'd go and get one now, but the morning rolls will all be gone, and if there are any left they won't be crispy any more at this time of night. It's best with the ones they call "well fired" (burnt black on top). Oh my, oh my.
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    crunchy salty carbs...chips, crackers, popcorn
    peanut butter
    nuts w/sugar...chocolate peanuts, peanut brittle, praline pecans, jordan almonds
    gummy bears...sometimes jelly beans, but mostly gummy bears
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    pizza in general.. i eat it several times a week.

Also Aldi's carries these white chocolate covered pretzels that I love. I buy bags of them at a time.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Christmas dinner, thankfully we only have it once a year.