Couch To 5K Starting June 6th, Join Please!

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Just finished W1D3...not as bad as I was expecting, I think I am ready for W2.

MizzDoc I am afraid to ask, but how long is W5D3 of running?

@MizzDoc: you really shouldn't ask questions you don't REALLY want to know the answer to ;) W2 D3 coming up for me. Last one really winded me and had to kick it down to a 5.8 mph jog with 3.3 mph walks...amazing what 0.2 mph can do for the soul, not to mention one's body :)

@ ertrauma..lol.. too much quoting going on in this thread. Just for clarification, I was NOT the one asking about the running time in W5D3. That poster was asking ME about W5D3 as they saw my initial post on making it through W5.
  • MizzDoc
    Options
    Just finished W1D3...not as bad as I was expecting, I think I am ready for W2.

MizzDoc I am afraid to ask, but how long is W5D3 of running?

And to answer your question Jodi, it was 20 min straight. Of course you still have the 5 min warm up and 5 min cool down.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, W3D1
    Tuesday, Rest day from C25K, 60 minutes Zumba later today

Wednesday, W3D2, 33 min, done deal...walk the slow dog, 20 min, 45 min body attack class and 25 min walk to and from boy's ballgame. Should be about 2 hours of activity when all is said and done

What are you doing today????
  • MizzDoc
    Options
    C25K-- W6D1-- 41 min. And this day felt harder than all of W5 for some reason.

Here's to pushing through and reaching our goals! Happy hump day folks :)
  • tncmom
    tncmom Posts: 79
    Options
    I did W4D2 at the gym on the treadmill today because it was raining here. I did 2.15 miles in 34 minutes. My average speed was 3.7 mph. I like doing it on the treadmill since I can keep a consistent speed on the faster parts. Still not running - it is hell on my knees, but walking pretty darn fast.
  • ertrauma
    ertrauma Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Ok, MizzDoc. I stand corrected (without quotes ;)

So, Today was W2D3 for me. Went much better than my last time out. Endurance was up today and got back to 3.5 mph walk and 6.0 jogs. (Had to drop to 3.3 and 5.8 mph last outing.) Amazing the difference 0.2 mph makes in your psyche. Also completed D2 of 100 Push-Ups. Feelin' really good about next week now!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, W3D1
    Wednesday, W3D2, 33 min, done deal...walk the slow dog, 20 min and 25 min walk to and from boy's ballgame.
    Thursday, nice round of Zumba should keep that HR up, up, up

Are you moving your body today?
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, W3D1
    Wednesday, W3D2, 33 min, done deal...walk the slow dog, 20 min and 25 min walk to and from boy's ballgame.
    Thursday, REST DAY

Decided to actually not move my body today!!!

I am doing what's called the C25R...clean 2 5 rooms
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I finished W4D2 yesterday with killer shin pains. Think I might need to take a couple of days of. Plan on buying new insoles this weekend as I've had my shoes for a while. UGH! So frustrating.
  • JessiGetFit
    Options
    Hey all of you Couch to 5kers,

I just started the program this week (Days 1 and 2 down, 1 to go), but I've been using an elliptical (but still doing the intervals). I'm wondering if anyone else repeated Week 1 or 2... I'm going from doing literally almost NOTHING to doing a bit of yoga and the C25k cardio, so I feel like I need more time to adjust. Should I just push through? I've never been a very good runner (even in high school when I was in sports and in pretty good shape).

Thanks for all of your posts-- I'm surprised how motivating it is to hear about others who feel like I do, and all of you who are on your way to reaching your goals! You all rock! :)
  • tncmom
    tncmom Posts: 79
    Options
    I went from barely doing anything to the C25K and did not repeat a week - I think you can do it, just fine!
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Starting today and I am getting back on track with the fitness thing. I've had some really hard emotional times lately and everything's stressful on me. I got in a quick strength workout today, but I ate badly because I was gone a lot.

I'm going to go ahead and make a new topic and paste the link here because we only have about seven more until we reach 500 posts.
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Here's the new link, everyone. Let's go ahead and continue on this until it gets to 500, but when it reaches 500, we'll already have a new topic up.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/278856-couch-to-5k-started-june-6th-join-still-please
  • ertrauma
    Options
    @JessiGetFit: I am NOT a runner either. My thoughts on running before I created this 5K goal for myself was "running is what one does when he is being chased by someone with a knife". I have really surprised myself in the first 2 weeks of C25K. Push yourself to push through. Otherwise, why set such a goal for yourself to begin with? Elliptical, treadmill, or foot to ground, doesn't matter. Push yourself to meet those goals you have set. I start week 3 tomorrow. A bit of trepidation and anxiety is lurking within myself about my ability to complete W3 D1, but I will push through and complete it. Because my goal is to run a 5K. Good Luck to you, Jessi!
  • BFit40
    BFit40 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    @JessiGetFit: I am NOT a runner either. My thoughts on running before I created this 5K goal for myself was "running is what one does when he is being chased by someone with a knife". I have really surprised myself in the first 2 weeks of C25K. Push yourself to push through. Otherwise, why set such a goal for yourself to begin with? Elliptical, treadmill, or foot to ground, doesn't matter. Push yourself to meet those goals you have set. I start week 3 tomorrow. A bit of trepidation and anxiety is lurking within myself about my ability to complete W3 D1, but I will push through and complete it. Because my goal is to run a 5K. Good Luck to you, Jessi!

Thanks for this post! I just needed a little reminder myself of what I need to get to and you prompted this for me with your post!
    Day 2 Week 4 tomorrow. I did it once, I can do it again.....
  • ertrauma
    Options
    All right, been out of the gym for a whole week with some virus from another planet. Now that it's finishing up its rounds through the house (Kid one, kid two, me and wifey) I just got back to the gym today. Didn't know exactly where to start so I just went back to the week I left off from. W3 Day 1 we'll call it. Turns out it was easier than I thought it would be! Made it through with no problem AND walked an additional 35 min afterwards. My knees are sore, but otherwise I seem to be no worse for wear. The sore knees are a bit of a concern. Wonder what they will feel like when I get to the 20 or 30 min jogs???
  • BFit40
    Options
    All right, been out of the gym for a whole week with some virus from another planet. Now that it's finishing up its rounds through the house (Kid one, kid two, me and wifey) I just got back to the gym today. Didn't know exactly where to start so I just went back to the week I left off from. W3 Day 1 we'll call it. Turns out it was easier than I thought it would be! Made it through with no problem AND walked an additional 35 min afterwards. My knees are sore, but otherwise I seem to be no worse for wear. The sore knees are a bit of a concern. Wonder what they will feel like when I get to the 20 or 30 min jogs???
    I think the knee thing is quite common as I've seen a few posts elsewhere with similar complaints. For me, my lower quads and knees ached after C25k in weeks 2 & 3, but for days 2 & 3 of week 3 I took 500mg of paracetamol before running and the problem resolved itself. I've just started week 5 and I have no pain, just a mental block/wall to climb.
    I hope it's temporary for you too.
    Good to hear you and the family are feeling better.
  • Nytram81
    Nytram81 Posts: 44
    Options
    I completed my first run today from the Couch to 5K programme and I'm very proud of myself, bit achy now but well worth it. Well done to you all too.

Martyn
  • BFit40
    Options
    I completed my first run today from the Couch to 5K programme and I'm very proud of myself, bit achy now but well worth it. Well done to you all too.

Martyn
    Well done! Good luck on the programme