Focus T25 by Shaun T - Just starting. Accountability and motivation.

Options

Replies

• motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Great to see everyone still sticking with it!

I didn't do any T25 yesterday, but was fine with that since I already doubled up on Tuesday. Have some errands today so no time for any gym classes today, so instead I did 3 T25 workouts. I gave that Pyramid workout another try...I think knowing what to expect this time around it wasn't as bad. Lol still don't like it...but it's doable.

I also did Ript Up, which I love! And then to get in some cardio I went wayyyy back to Alpha Speed 1.0. I stuck through it, but it was different than before. With Speed 2.0 and 3.0 you move through the moves pretty quickly, whereas in 1.0 it was like the same move for like 1 minute a piece. I think I prefer 2.0 or 3.0, lol who would have thought!

But I'm done with week 2 of Gamma...anything else I do this week for T25 is just bonus!
  • chookywillow
    chookywillow Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of days of Cize and today fancied a bit of insanity so did the Cardio from the 2nd stage. It's 48 minutes long. I was shattered and still had 22 minutes to go! Which I realised was the same as doing one T25 So my body is obviously used to stopping after 25 mins! It's funny as I do T25 back to back more often than not any way. Insanity didn't feel quite as horrible as I remember it so hopefully my fitness is improving, despite quite liking stopping after 25 minutes!
    I am waiting for Pylo to be delivered and I expect I will keep mixing a number of workouts. I am also pondering on Bodybeast or Hammer and Chisel. Or something non beach body that is more weight orientated.
    I have an aching bottom after Insanity - only been sat down a few minutes so I may have trouble getting down the stairs tomorrow!
  • Blessed_Mommy86
    Blessed_Mommy86 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Today was supposed to be Speed 3.0 but since I don't do that one anymore, I decided to do Lower Focus from Alpha. But since I felt like that would be too easy at this stage of the program, I did it using my 8 lb weights. Whoa. By the end, my legs were trembling!

I bought some new Nikes yesterday and today was the first time I worked out in them. They didn't work so well with this type of workout... I think they are more designed for running. I felt really unstable and the front half of the shoes feels very thin like I have no support when I go on my toes. Not sure if I will keep them. What kind of shoes do you all use?
  • chookywillow
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I do it bare foot on a mat, I can't get on with trainers, they always feel unstable on me and I have a tendency to lose them when I do burpees. Love, love, love my cushioned mat though. Think it's a reebok one from Amazon. About half the price of the beachbody one.
  • SliverBulletsUK
    SliverBulletsUK Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have general training shoes. They really suggest that you don't use running shoes, is there any way you could return them?
  • SliverBulletsUK
    Options
    Yeah, that's what I have (but the man's version haha)
  • RachelRiley87
    RachelRiley87 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    @supersimonesquirrel Muay Thai is a martial art a contact sport. If you Google it you can find information and maybe a trial session near you for a class. I'm doing contact and grading in a local martial arts studio. It's great because an ex para trooper runs it and he's passionate about his job and about the people he teaches.

@motivatedsister you are killing it my dear! Half way through Gamma how awesome. I'm at the end of week 1 and still one t25 to fit in as sometimes I think I'm safer to not include a speed 3.0 with a 2hr muay thai session!

I use cross trainers. Not sure I'd that helps but are perfect for me though a bit heavy or maybe that's my legs in general when they are tired!
  • motivatedsister
    Options
    I use cross trainers....lately I've been using New Balance.

No T25 yesterday and I don't know if I'll get in anything today, so I'm glad I got in all my workouts already!
  • supersimonesquirrel
    supersimonesquirrel Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Did my stretch day yesterday - have to do a double workout tonight to make up for missing yesterday. It's abs and speed 1.0 so that is fine by me. I have not lost any weight this week, but not gained either. I am going to cut down on some carbs next week and see if that helps. Nearly week 5 already. :smiley:

I do my workouts barefoot - I tried different trainers but I just feel more stable barefoot.
  • SliverBulletsUK
    Options
    Hi all,

Wasnt very well the back end of the week. I woke up unable to breathe which means I missed some workouts. Not very happy.

Because I do T25 and X3 together my workouts are spread out and I had two doubles to do.

I'm going to check my schedule as some of then may have been stretching but I think I'm going to repeat my last week of alpha and the week of X3.

Hope everyone is still doing well.

I'll update when I've either decided which week I'm doing, alpha or starting beta.

Keep working hard everyone

FOCUS
  • chookywillow
    Options
    hi all hope everyone is ok. I only had time for 1 workout today. did speed 3.0 it was nothing like I remember from last time. must be getting fitter!
  • motivatedsister
    Options
    A brand new week! I just finished The Pyramid, and even though it wasn't next up I did Wednesday's Ript Circuit as well.

My summer schedule has finally kicked in...so pretty much in the afternoons it's either do my T25 for 1 hr or go to a gym class for 1 hr. I won't be able to do both for awhile. I'm almost finished completely with T25, so for now that will be my continued workout of choice.

I'm debating waking up early and going to the gym until my schedule goes back to normal. But it would have to be a short workout or if I want to workout longer it'll have to be a strength workout where I don't sweat a lot. There would be no time to wash/blow dry/flat iron my hair before work, and if I didn't do that lol I think I might scare my coworkers! I still have quite a bit of weight to lose so I'd prefer to do cardio, but in the meantime I might have to go more heavy on strength training.
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    Hi everyone! Threads a little quieter these days I hope everyone is doing well. It's nice to see everyone so dedicated redoing weeks or stacking up there dvds and catching up in general. I've changed days around to fit things in too it's such a flexible programme. I love that today I'm feeling awful and super tired and when I look at my clock it says 10 to 10 and I'm like hmm I CAN get this done it's only 25minutes and I pushed through and feel great!

Well done @chookywillow the fact you chose 3.0 and you feel your improving is great.. I did it again sat. and as I was dreading it I also think I did worse than the first time. Still my fit bit said I got a good burn and one day I'll improve too.

So happy I started week 2 now and didn't put it off to tomorrow. Feel much better for it. My gym weigh in will be a different time tomorrow so will effect the result no doubt but my day is busy and I've had to switch things up I'll be without a car tomorrow so I'm not sure I'll goto muay thai or not.
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Attempted gamma extreme circuit. It was going well until those plank ski jumps.
  • RachelRiley87
    Options
    @Enjcg5 I know right damn those ski jumps can really feel those working.

So far the exercise that kills me the most in Gamma that I find hard to complete is the Rip't up weights shimmy arms 90 degree things, it's right after plank push ups and then another exercise where it's also a shimmy but both together by this time my muscles are on fire and slightly shaking I love it though and have never done those exercises before in my life!!
  • SliverBulletsUK
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi all, I had two TBC's to complete and a lower focus so I'm going to repeat the week. One more week of Alpha .

Keep working hard everyone !!
  • motivatedsister
    Options
    I love the 90 degree shimmy things too! You can really feel the burn!
  • supersimonesquirrel
    supersimonesquirrel Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    On to week 5 now! :smiley: Have done a stretch and total body circuit yesterday. I may take today as a rest day and just stretch - muscles feeling a little tight today. Have an injured foot at the moment so having to modify jumps. I broke my toe early this year and my toddler (accidentally!) stood on it and now it is sore.
  • cgibs87
    cgibs87 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi all, last week was a bad week for me. I got only 3 workouts it so I decided to re-do week 4 of Beta. Of course my Rip't Circuit was messed up so I did the gamma one, it was awesome! Hoping to get back into the groove of it all this week!