Options
123457»

Replies

• dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    pie_eyes wrote: »
    Can we get updated

Update? Well, it's day 7 since I declared I was done. I had one slip two nights ago -- the cravings were insane. I felt like I was coming out of my skin. I got weak and drove to the gas station at 2am and bought a tall boy. Downed half of it in two gulps, and instantly got pissed at myself. So I dumped the other half down the drain. But aside from that, I've quit cold turkey. I feel like I got kicked by a mule, I sweat just sitting still, and I'm a little nauseous. But I am still determined to beat this and quit letting alcohol control my life. I've lost 4.3 pounds. The support I've gotten on this thread is just unreal. I'm humbled. :)

You are doing awesome.
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    You're doing fabulously keep it up.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    mickey2942 wrote: »
    Sounds like you better give your money and car keys to someone.

Sounds like someone is projecting.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Hope all is well.
  • SashEdwards
    SashEdwards Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering that too....
  • SashEdwards
    SashEdwards Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering that too....
  • UnicornAmandaPanda
    UnicornAmandaPanda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hope you are doing well
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    wheath141 wrote: »
    The first step is waking up and saying to yourself "I'm miserable. Phuck this", and cutting out as many people as you need to stay sober. I've been off the booze for a month and off the coke, pills, K and Xanax for 2.5 months. It's lonely at first but new people come flocking when you start to feel and exude a newfound respect for yourself.

Although, I've largely remained alone. Aspergers.

Great Job! I have two aspie sons :) The respect for yourself and the confidence is so key! Keep it up and enjoy your success.
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Oh bless you Hun, I was really touched that you opened up on mfp site. I'm not a drinker but I can understand why people feel the need. Please look after yourself, xxx
  • pgarcia1964
    pgarcia1964 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just want to wish you luck and you will succeed! :smiley: