Are you a hugger?

Options

Replies

• BellaSOUL11
    BellaSOUL11 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    In general no, I am with close family...mom/dad ect. A lot of my friends are huggers and I hug them because I know thats how they greet, its what they like and I like them enough to do it.
  • bobbilea83
    bobbilea83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I hug nearly everyone, but I don't initiate it. I think I attract hugs though, somehow. I come off personable (or I just look sad...) lol idk
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I hug my family and husband's family, and close friends who I don't see often. I don't like people who I don't know to hug me.

When we were on vacation recently we met another couple whom we chatted with in the pool for several days. On the day they were leaving, the husband was saying goodbye to my husband, who offered his hand, and the guy leaned in for a hug. My husband gave him kind of a shoulder thing. Then he came to me, and I also offered my hand. He came to hug me and I said "I don't hug". He looked surprised but I wasn't hugging a half naked stranger.
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I grew up in a hugging family, The church I grew up in was full of huggers. I hug. However I know many people don't like to be hugged so I rarely initiate a hug, particular with a guy. It can make some people feel really uncomfortable. But once, you have hugged me, expect to get hug every time we meet.
  • PamelaW41
    PamelaW41 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    No. There are a few exceptions, but in general I dont like to be touched.
  • your_pal_crusher
    your_pal_crusher Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Nope!
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    I only hug my daughters and my BF or ex hubs. I don't even hug my family members. It gives me anxiety.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    Nope. Husband's family are huggy people...don't think I will ever get used to it!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on random people touching me, many in my extended family are huggers, and I always feel like I'm being groped. I only hug my siblings, hubby, kids and granddaughter.
  • Thisnameischosen_
    Thisnameischosen_ Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm pretty affectionate now that I think about it. I was going to say no but then started listing all the people I would/do hug and I was like "hey, I'm a hugger!".
  • ukexplorer
    ukexplorer Posts: 380 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm worse than meatloaf in fight club, love a good hug,
    Anyone want ? :)
  • SassyMommasaurus
    SassyMommasaurus Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    No, don't touch me! lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    With my family and very close friends, yes...if it's just an acquaintance or a more distant friend then usually no...unless they come in for one, and in that case I'm not going to be an butt.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Married so I'm used to not being touched. I do like my distance from people... Dogs on the other hand; BRING ON THE PUPPIES!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    I think dudes that greets a female with a kiss on the cheek are cool as hell I have a friend that does that and he kisses my wife on the cheek when we see him I like that although I can't bring myself to do it
    We do that with everyone close to us, my wife included. Cultural thing for us.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    I only hug my daughters and my BF or ex hubs. I don't even hug my family members. It gives me anxiety.
    Lol, bet you'd hug Westbrook though.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Rohbean
    Rohbean Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hugging people makes me somewhat uncomfortable. I don't mind hugging my cats though.
  • fitnessjustin01
    fitnessjustin01 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I don't mind if someone wants to give a hug, but I'm definitely not a hugger in general.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Love hugging and being hugged! Apparently I'm good at it. I'm also pretty good at sensing who is and isn't keen on it and don't smother those with a defensible space.

C'mere and hold meh!

images%2Farticle%2F2016%2F05%2F19%2Fgiphy-6.gif