Anxiety

Options

Replies

• jaelynsmith
    jaelynsmith Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Antd420 wrote: »
    I did a 4 year bit in prison, got out 6 yrs ago and have had anxiety, depression, and sometimes extreme anger. Currently on Prozac, Klonopin, and Ambien. I feel fine most days, I noticed if I miss a workout it throws me off. Meds do work for some people, Marijuana is also a really good medication for depression and anxiety.

PTSD? Maybe? I'm glad you're out of there and bettering your life <3
    If Maryjane was legal here, I would eat Brownies, for sure. But losing my children isn't worth it <3

I hear you on that. Where do you live? Maybe PTSD I've been through and seen a lot of traumatic situations in my 4 yrs locked up.

I live in the western United States.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    Listen, OP, medication does work. Just take it as prescribed. Medicine is for everyone. We are not in neanderthal times.

I have to politely disagree sort of. Some medicines may work, however in the US the pharmaceutical companies push drugs to doctors who in turn push drugs on patients regardless of if they will help or not just to get a kick back from said companies. It's a vicious cycle, and a lot of the drugs don't help, or just mask the problem in turn causing more problems and we have far too many people walking around in a fog or haze for lack of better words. The medical industry here is quite frankly horrible. Unfortunately in this day and age it is very very rare to meet a doctor that actually sincerely cares about your well being, they just push the drugs, and push you out the door so they can be on to the next person to push the drugs on so they can push the money into their wallets at the end of the day.

i dread the day my doctor retires he delivered me from the womb has been my doctor ever since

i know he actually genuinely gives a fvck about me and has never ever pushed any medication on me even tho i think a lot of doctors would of

This is how I feel about my OBGYN. But I could only wish to find a general practice doctor like this... Sigh.
  • Antd420
    Antd420 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Rottified wrote: »
    pie_eyes wrote: »
    Yes

<3<3 thank you for answering and being honest. Not many people like to talk about BDD... I just barely started telling people and they don't believe me.

Whats BDD?

Body dismorphic disorder.

So would I have BDD if I sometimes avoid taking my shirt off because of stretch marks and scars?

Maybe... When I look in the mirror I don't see what other people see... I see lopsided facial features, I see a huge forehead, I see double chin, and belly rolls... It's a complex diagnosis and is different for each individual <3

I think you are beautiful
  • Antd420
    Options
    I did a 4 year bit in prison, got out 6 yrs ago and have had anxiety, depression, and sometimes extreme anger. Currently on Prozac, Klonopin, and Ambien. I feel fine most days, I noticed if I miss a workout it throws me off. Meds do work for some people, Marijuana is also a really good medication for depression and anxiety.

If Maryjane was legal here, I would eat Brownies, for sure. But losing my children isn't worth it <3

I hear you on that. Where do you live? Maybe PTSD I've been through and seen a lot of traumatic situations in my 4 yrs locked up.

Me too, Michigan
  • jaelynsmith
    Options
    Yes

<3<3 thank you for answering and being honest. Not many people like to talk about BDD... I just barely started telling people and they don't believe me.

Whats BDD?

So would I have BDD if I sometimes avoid taking my shirt off because of stretch marks and scars?

Maybe... When I look in the mirror I don't see what other people see... I see lopsided facial features, I see a huge forehead, I see double chin, and belly rolls... It's a complex diagnosis and is different for each individual <3

Thank you :) I wasn't fishing for compliments. But I appreciate the compliment <3
  • jaelynsmith
    Options

Me too, Michigan

Idaho :)
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    Listen, OP, medication does work. Just take it as prescribed. Medicine is for everyone. We are not in neanderthal times.

I have to politely disagree sort of. Some medicines may work, however in the US the pharmaceutical companies push drugs to doctors who in turn push drugs on patients regardless of if they will help or not just to get a kick back from said companies. It's a vicious cycle, and a lot of the drugs don't help, or just mask the problem in turn causing more problems and we have far too many people walking around in a fog or haze for lack of better words. The medical industry here is quite frankly horrible. Unfortunately in this day and age it is very very rare to meet a doctor that actually sincerely cares about your well being, they just push the drugs, and push you out the door so they can be on to the next person to push the drugs on so they can push the money into their wallets at the end of the day.

i dread the day my doctor retires he delivered me from the womb has been my doctor ever since

i know he actually genuinely gives a fvck about me and has never ever pushed any medication on me even tho i think a lot of doctors would of

This is how I feel about my OBGYN. But I could only wish to find a general practice doctor like this... Sigh.

I get most of my care through my OBGYN also. I can't find a proper GP to save my life. My gyno has always been the one to properly address my mental health. Well, besides the psychologist I used to see. Talk therapy is HUGELY helpful. I used to have anxiety and panic attacks a lot when I was in my 20's. About a year of therapy really changed me. I still have anxiety issues, but I can talk myself through it and carry on most of the time. Yoga and my bike are major therapy for me now. Now I'm only on a small dose of zoloft to help my PMDD. (laugh if you want, but having murderous thoughts about your family, and suicidal thoughts about yourself once a month is not okay.)
  • Antd420
    Options
    Yes

Whats BDD?

Thank you :) I wasn't fishing for compliments. But I appreciate the compliment <3

NP, it's my pleasure
  • SuperheroSadie
    SuperheroSadie Posts: 167 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I have such bad day-to-day anxiety that I recently bought a puppy that I'm training to be an assistance animal to help with my frequent (3-4x a week) panic attacks and constant (3-4x a day) bouts of debilitating anxiety, especially in crowds or social situations.

It's affecting my goals because it makes me want to eat, or I have trouble saying no to certain food-related things (going out to dinner, dessert, drinking) because of my social anxiety and fear of making others unhappy.

Luckily my boyfriend is also trying to lose weight, so that's one less battle I have to fight. Usually we both go into dinner with the same amount of calories so we'll try to figure out what we can fit in that'll still taste great. He's a good support system.

Also, to fight the fight that's currently happening, the reason I'm using a service animal is because I'd like to avoid medication at all cost. When I was younger I was on Concerta and Ritalin (at different times) for my ADD and it made me feel extremely zombie-like. I could function more normally, would interrupt people less, and my grades improved, but I didn't feel at all like myself. I also got to witness my sister withdrawing from her anti-anxiety medications. I think I'll pass on that, thank you.
  • jaelynsmith
    Options
    I have such bad day-to-day anxiety that I recently bought a puppy that I'm training to be an assistance animal to help with my frequent (3-4x a week) panic attacks and constant (3-4x a day) bouts of debilitating anxiety, especially in crowds or social situations.

It's affecting my goals because it makes me want to eat, or I have trouble saying no to certain food-related things (going out to dinner, dessert, drinking) because of my social anxiety and fear of making others unhappy.

Luckily my boyfriend is also trying to lose weight, so that's one less battle I have to fight. Usually we both go into dinner with the same amount of calories so we'll try to figure out what we can fit in that'll still taste great. He's a good support system.

Also, to fight the fight that's currently happening, the reason I'm using a service animal is because I'd like to avoid medication at all cost. When I was younger I was on Concerta and Ritalin (at different times) for my ADD and it made me feel extremely zombie-like. I could function more normally, would interrupt people less, and my grades improved, but I didn't feel at all like myself. I also got to witness my sister withdrawing from her anti-anxiety medications. I think I'll pass on that, thank you.

I have my kitty, my JackJack <3
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I panic and then get depressed. I often listen to Ted Talks to help me out or research a bunch of nonsense.
  • jaelynsmith
    Options
    I panic and then get depressed. I often listen to Ted Talks to help me out or research a bunch of nonsense.

Research is my big stress reliever! And activism <3 what do you research?
  • shortygirl1987
    shortygirl1987 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm on medication for mine, I have anxiety attacks and I worry a lot, some times I like to listen to music or draw to help cope
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    I'm on medication for mine, I have anxiety attacks and I worry a lot, some times I like to listen to music or draw to help cope

I'm always playing music
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Pristiq. It has been life changing.
  • Goldsby318
    Goldsby318 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I use to have panic attacks really bad. For one month I couldn't even get out of bed or drive or anything. The doctor put me on some medication that help me so much. I didn't believe in that prior to this happening to me. I only have them from time to time now but know how to control them with breathing techniques. I still am depressed. Another thing that helps me is to just be alone and listen to music.
  • kellkee16
    kellkee16 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have horrible anxiety & depression.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Medication?

You spelled booze wrong.