Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @janetay01 Those are wonderful whys and I am glad you are going to try counting your calories. Way to go on planning your calories ahead of time. It makes it so much easier to know what you are going to do and if you need to make changes. I am also bored at work and feel blah with it. Luckily, no one really brings in snack food. So I just have what I bring.

Love the Memes today.
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! I have a feeling its going to be a long day! Come on 3:00. I am heading to Florida right from work. My husband is already there and getting stuff done. I am kind of feeling like I am heading into a better mindset to get myself back on track. The weekend is going to be hard-especially because we will most likely be eating all meals out this weekend. There are no appliances in the house yet, so no cooking, or even a fridge to keep things. But-by the end of the weekend we should have them. But, we will be working-so burning calories. I do know that I have to get back to exercising. At least walking. When I was making that a habit at least a couple of times a week, I was consistently losing. I know I can lose when I try-so get back to trying! Well, I guess its back to my boring day at work, watching the clock. Hope everyone has a great weekend! Remember-One day, one meal at a time! We can do this! Even if we are off track, we can jump back on!
  • Kait_Dee
    Kait_Dee Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hello :smile:

My name is Kait and I'm a competitive bodybuilder and fat loser of -110lbs. I saw this thread and I'm pretty much in love with it and all of you folks. I'm from Canada (Happy Canada Day!!) and love to lift big things, eat the good food and stay active after transforming my whole life through nutrition and activity. I'd love to "hang out" with you guys - I love the positive vibe..!!!
  • Kait_Dee
    Options
    jkhoffe wrote: »
    @Kait_Dee - welcome Kait! Sounds like you are doing amazing!!!!! You are right, this group pretty much kicks *kitten* and we are glad to have you

Thanks for the warm welcome @jkhoffe ..! I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys! I hope everyone has a safe and happy long weekend. <3
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    WOW.... I've been on a MFP break for a little while and I can't believe this thread is up to 108 pages! That is SO AWESOME! Looking forward to reading thru the last few pages. I'll never get caught up from the last time I was on here.... :D I see a lot of new "faces"/names!
  • magicpickles
    magicpickles Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Yay! Today I got my full drivers licence, 9 years after starting the process! I also regained all the weight I lost in the last two weeks, but I guess you can't win them all.
  • Kait_Dee
    Options
    Back to the grind here in Canada - we had our celebrations and long weekend last weekend. I'm in active contest prep right now, so discipline is pretty high. Some people don't like dieting in the summer, but I prefer it. I like to eat and hibernate in the winter. Haha ..

I sent my daughter off to her dad's for the summer this weekend, that was sad. Thank goodness for technology.. Wishing you all a safe, healthy and happy 4th of July!!

Congrats on the license @magicpickles - here's to hoping for a re-loss on those pounds! ;)
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Good morning All. Took a little breather. I am so glad June is over. I think I barely made it through my dads funeral, Jenna's graduation, (her party this past weekend), and the 4th of July. I ate more yesterday then I have in months. Today I am getting back to focusing on me. I have been so busy with everything that is going on that I have pushed me way down to the bottom.

Welcome all newbies. Please feel free to add me to your friends list. I need all the friends I can get to help get me out of this funk.

Looks like most of us are trying to get out of some sort of funk. New week, new mind set for all of us. We are great and awesome and we got this. Talk to everyone soon. :)
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    Made it through the crazy weekend. Only had one day that I went over my calories. Had a horrible nacho craving Sunday night that would not go away. Ended up giving in, and made a late night nacho run. So worth the overage on calories. Lost 1.8 pounds last week. Ready to get back to it.
  • Kait_Dee
    Options
    Sounds like a crazy weekend for a lot of you, glad you had fun...!!

@ngolden3320 - I'm so sorry for your loss - I hope July can bring you a slower pace and a greater opportunity to focus on yourself and your wellbeing and goals. It's always hard being the "glue" during the family ebbs and flows - losses and celebrations. I'll definitely add you, I like having active contacts and friends on here who do more than just collect "friends" and then sit idle and never engage. Lol

@jdelaroy - great job keeping it all in line - holiday weekends can be tricky, especially since all we do is celebrate with food! Lol

@health_guard - sounds like the walk will be fun! Is it a fundraiser or just an athletic event? 10 miles is quite a hike..!!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @jdelaroy I hope your MIL is okay! Way to go on seeing a positive in a very negative situation

@janetay01 How was the pizza/singalong event? I love the idea of listing your why's to help snap out of a malaise

@danan01 Sounds like you have a great plan in place. I hope you're able to store some healthy options at your work fridge until you get one at home!

@Kait_Dee Welcome! Losing 110lbs is amazing, you rock!

@ChangeIsADecision Glad to have you back!

@health_guard Great job fitting activity in!

@magicpickles Congrats on your drivers license. Now you can really focus on your weight and health!

@ngolden3320 June was rough, glad July is here for a new start for us!

I am amazed at how well I ate at my 4 day nerd conference. We had a fridge in our hotel room and a Trader Joes nearby so I stocked up on their pre-made lunches and dinners and grabbed Quest bars, fresh fruit, veggies, greek yogurt, and cheese sticks to snack on. I don't normally buy Quest bars because they're $$$ but they really helped keep my sugar cravings to a minimum. I ended up eating less desserts than I do at home! Plus since our hotel was over a mile away from the event I got a ton of walking in back and forth. Plus every night we were out dancing until 3am so I think I burned a ton! I'm doing my official post-June craziness weigh in next week so we'll see what the real damage is.

I'd like to say that now the craziness is over but I forgot I promised my SO I would go to a baseball game with his firm tonight to meet his new coworkers. My social-meter is -10 from this weekend and I got woken up by fireworks last night so I am exhausted, crabby, and not in a good place to make a good first impression :/

• janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @rachel0778 - the singalong event was 'interesting' - really not my cup of tea and so cheesy as to be almost unbearable but my boss enjoyed himself which was the main thing!! Sounds like you did brlliantly at the conference - lots of great ways to make something positive out of it all.

@ngolden3320 - you've had a hard June but well done for making it out in one piece. July is a new month and I think it is a new start for a number of us.

@jdelaroy - well done for making it through the weekend. Love the nacho craving - it's weird how this things come on, sounds like the right move to give into it and move on - better that than restricting and making yourself miserable!

Having done well over the weekend, my 'reward' was to spend Monday feeling like I had the flu - aching all over and with a horrible sore throat. Came home from work and, after putting Alistair to bed, lay around on the sofa being useless whilst my lovely husband did everything for supper/around the house. Worked from home yesterday in a quest to avoid exhausting myself on the train - I've had more productive days in my life! - and working from home again today as per my normal schedule. Feeling a bit more human today although the sore throat persists. I will be good and go into the office tomorrow then I have a day off on Friday - woohoo! Plans for Friday - to do some work in the garden, tidy the house and then spend the afternoon on my sewing project - cross stitching an alphabet blanket for Alistair. It's a massive thing that will take me forever to complete but just doing a bit each day. Currently coming to the end of the 'A is for Apple' panel so I have a ways to go still!!

Have a great day all :)
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    @janetay01 I am glad to hear that you are feeling a little better each day. And great job on the cross stitching project. My grandma taught me how to do that when I was a kid, but never really enjoyed all that sewing stuff. My sister definitely got the sewing and baking gene. Give me something to build and I am all in. LOL
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @ngolden3320 - ha, I'm with you in some ways. I definitely got the baking gene from my grandmother - but the sewing gene, not sure despite my current project. My aim is not too get too stressed about it being perfect, if there is a stitch out here and there it doesn't matter - he won't notice and it's the thought that counts! We shall see if and when I finish it :smiley:
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    @janetay01 - Glad you are feeling better. Good luck on the alphabet blanket! That will be something he can hold onto forever! I wish I could get in to stuff like that.

@Rachel0778 - Hope the baseball game wasn't too bad last night. At least a baseball game is an event that there is enough going on that you don't have to sit and try to hold a conversation the whole time. I am horrible at trying to talk to people I have never met before. I am the quiet one sitting in the background.

Well, only 1/2 a day of work today and then its back to Florida for the real work! I have the rest of the week off, so we are going to try to get going on the house. We have already gotten quite a bit done, so its going well so far. Now, if I could just get my eating back on track... The scale is starting to creep up. But- I am still being aware of what I am eating, and watching the calories so I don't go crazy. I cant decide if I like the new Fitbit Alta that I got. I like it and some of the features it has, but I don't like that it is not waterproof. With a pool at my house, and going to the beach in Florida all the time I constantly have to take it off. There goes a whole bunch of steps that don't get counted. Especially at the beach when we do quite a bit of walking. And the battery life isn't quite as good as the flex. So-I splurged and bought myself a new flex and I am going to start using both of them. I will use the Alta for every day, but then the flex for when I will be in and out of the water. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @janetay01 Yea, it was close to that Tom, and those cravings never go away and they were so yummy, I didn't care. After I went back in and added my exercise, I was only a few calories over. :) Hope you feel better.

@danan01 Even, being mindful of your calories is good, plus I bet you burn off a ton working on the house this week.

Last night I stayed under my calories, but didn't get my work out in. Had to help the SO file his 2015 taxes instead. Wait, does mental exercise count?

Here is to a great day for all of us.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @janetay01 Sorry to hear you got hit with a bug :( Great job staying on point this weekend though

@ngolden3320 Jealous you got the building bug. I'm not handy at all! I can whip up quite a few awesome dishes in the kitchen though so at least I've got that going for me?

@danan01 I love the idea of splurging for the fitness gear you like best. What does the Alta do that the flex doesn't?

@jdelaroy Great job staying under your calorie count even with tax stress. I hate filing taxes so I feel your pain

The game got rained out after an hour so I actually got to sleep last night! I feel like a new person this morning, I even did my hair and makeup for work <3 Still pissed I had to miss boxing for a stupid social event, but I got a workout DVD in in the morning so it wasn't a complete lost cause and now from Thursday onwards I can make all of my classes for the next few months. Can't wait to spend some quality time at home in my regular routine with my homemade food! (and to clean my poor house!)

• bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Sounds like everyone has been keeping busy and doing their best - love this group! I was away on vacation - had a lovely time with friends, eating, drinking, hiking and visiting in Vancouver. Was so fun and restful! Back to work, and back to Day 1 on my streak. LOL... but here I am! I biked to work this morning, and am going for a bike ride with my hubs tonight (for beer and wings, but nevermind that - late birthday dinner because he was sick on his birthday). I will behave!
    I've been busy with my 12 week online minimalism course (sounds weird, I know, but so good!). And I kind of realize that I can only really focus on one thing at a time. I've been really focussed on that, but I want to switch my focus back to healthy eating and exercise as my top priority again.
    Hope everyone is having a great day! :)