Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I feel a bit out of control this week. I have stopped at dunkin donuts twice, when i limit myself to 1. it used to be every day. I feel almost sugar sick after drinking half an iced coffee,and i don't know if the caffeine is doing it's job. i feel foggy and awful an just want to go back to bed. Ive been battling allergies this week too. Claratin is helping.

I went to jazzercise class yesterday for the first time in two weeks. We didn't do any cardio, it was all strength, and i felt like jelly after. i have a long way to go!

I think i will do ok this weekend during the holiday parties. As a vegetarian, there isn't always a lot for me to eat, and I bring my veggie patties for the grill. Pop, hard cider and dessert will need to be watched...
  • atitagain1958
    atitagain1958 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    @wadwrich Just read your blog! GREAT! Can't wait for the next one! Great job on your weight loss so far! You have such a GREAT attitude!! I agree, you WILL make a life-long change this time!!!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    @wadwrich ... read your new blog and found it interesting. It helps, doesn't it, to write stuff down that you plan on having other people read ... makes you really think about what you want to say. Gave you a thumbs up on your blog.
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating?

Well, for me, it's always the same plan for my fitness activities ... eat a little less and move a little more. That move a little more part is the one I have a problem fullfilling. There is a room in my house begging me to pay attention to it ... actually, I think there are about 8 rooms that are calling out my name in exasperation! This weekend, Friday and Saturday, I will work hard to give them some attention.

As for food ... I thought today might be pasta night but I had my weekly pasta and shrimp for breakfast one day this week ... so I think I need to make soup for my weekend suppers. Sunday is a family picnic and I know I will eat food that I don't normally have but look very much forward to putting on my plate.
    NY Niki
    Follow through with consistent focus ....
    .... Oh, and I wanted to share a quote from Carolyn Hax, the collumnist ... fits right in with my grocery shopping later today ...

"When is it easiest to refuse dessert -- when you’re walking by the restaurant, reading the menu, or holding pie a la mode on your fork?"

Happy Independeence Day weekend everyone ... enjoy! Celebrate! Remember our history.
  • mickey2942
    mickey2942 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It seems like once you blow it, the momentum is gone, and you just give up. I noticed that this week. I had been very good about my diet, prepping veggies, eating hard boiled eggs, walking more.

Then, I went off on Wednesday. And that was it. I am going back on today. Every day is a new day.
  • finzup
    finzup Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    hi everyone. I'm back to MFP this week after a (too) long hiatus. This week I've logged 5 days successfully, lost 5 pounds. only 120 more to go :/
    next week hope to continue the clean(er) eating and add in some walking.
    hope everyone has a nice weekend

• atitagain1958
    Options
    @mickey2942 You didn't give up! You're back today!
  • Sutts2014
    Sutts2014 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Brian! I'm just getting back to this sight after a few months. I need to lose 100 pounds so I'm working on simple, healthy meal plans. You've done great so far!! Congrats!!
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    @mickey2942 I remember years ago I read someone saying if you dropped your phone on the ground, you wouldn't pick it up and throw it in the trash because you dropped it. So doing the same with food is just as ridiculous. It had a big impact on me when I read that, because I realized I did that all the time.
  • dreadlockhippiefandango
    Options
    Hey there, Nice to meet you all x Would be great to collect some new friends here x
  • cjbrummet
    cjbrummet Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness (I have slept so now it is Friday for me...lol) My fitness plans are to go out walking at least every other day and gradually increase my distance every time, hoping to increase up to running. Eating at home is always harder for me than when I pack my lunch for work. I am a nurse and work 12 hour shifts 3 days a week, so on those days I can stick to my schedule and eat small meals every three hours. When I am home I have to stop myself from eating every hour, especially if I am not busy just watching TV. I think I might plan all my meals in the morning Saturday and make myself stick to my lunch box like I do for work. We'll see how it goes.
  • atitagain1958
    Options
    Hey there, Nice to meet you all x Would be great to collect some new friends here x
    I sent you a friend request. Anyone here can feel free to add me as a friend!
  • atitagain1958
    Options
    Good day everyone. Relatively new to the site and enjoying it thus far. Joined a little over 2 weeks ago and I've lost 13 lbs. I have a long way to go, hoping to lose over 200 pounds.
    Just wanted to say hey for now as I read posts and get to know everyone.
    Thanks, Brian
    Congratulations on your weight loss! You're doing great!! Welcome back to the site! I'm a returnee too! I also ha a lot of weight to lose, over 100 pounds. But I'm just gonna concentrate on healthy eating and the weight loss should follow! I'm not gonna let the scales play mind games with me this time!! Good luck on your journey! Feel free to add me as a friend! Looking forward to seeing you back on this thread!
  • atitagain1958
    Options
    cjbrummet wrote: »
    Friday Fitness (I have slept so now it is Friday for me...lol) My fitness plans are to go out walking at least every other day and gradually increase my distance every time, hoping to increase up to running. Eating at home is always harder for me than when I pack my lunch for work. I am a nurse and work 12 hour shifts 3 days a week, so on those days I can stick to my schedule and eat small meals every three hours. When I am home I have to stop myself from eating every hour, especially if I am not busy just watching TV. I think I might plan all my meals in the morning Saturday and make myself stick to my lunch box like I do for work. We'll see how it goes.
    My background is in nursing so I know how you feel. I didn't work 12 hour shifts but I worked 10 hour. I found I did a lot of "mindless" eating when I was home. I too had to put myself on a strict schedule and keep myself busy. I started doing counted cross stitch at that time. I couldn't eat or have dirty fingers while doing it so it helped me out. I hope you find what works for you!! It's all trial and error unfortunately! Good luck! Keep us posted!
  • pinkstarberry
    pinkstarberry Posts: 79 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I hope all my fellow Canucks had a very happy Canada Day!

Today I weighed in at 255.6 and though it's not quite 255.0 (BMI 39.9 for me) it's pretty darn close and I hope over the next couple days I see a bump further down! I was hoping to make 255 by the end of June but a few days later isn't too bad, I think! It'll be such a weight off my shoulders (literally) to be below 40 BMI and no longer morbidly obese.

I hope everyone enjoys beautiful summer weather this weekend!
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Saturday - Success (what have you accomplished; focus on the positive of the week, NSV=non scale victories)

It's early morning Saturday so thus far and a good time to recap what was successful for me this past week while I have my morning coffee.

Yesterday, being the 1st of the month an extra weigh-in day for my historical record: my weight is down from a month ago by 12 pounds and the average calorie intake for the past 30 days was just about 1650 calories ... so I think I'm at the right place calorie wise -- However, I was distressed that the monthly measurement check-in showed that my waist and hip measurement actually went up. That means that more muscle tone has been lost and fat cells have grown. I know that is because I have very limited activity levels and need to find ways to be more physically active beyond the morning stretches and isometrics I do to get me limbered up and moving.

Going forward in July, I plan to stay withing the calorie range that I have found works for me and work hard on being more active physically. I will start a walking campaign and do that every day ... if I have walked the yard cutting grass or walked the stores shopping, those will be it for that day, other days I need to focus on getting my butt out the door and walk around my neighborhood. I'll record than in my month-end check-in.
    NY Niki
    "How do you start ... just by putting one foot in front of the other"
  • cjbrummet
    cjbrummet Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Saturday Success - I went to the gym this morning. I guess that isn't really a success but I went even though I didn't want to. I even did a little jogging on my treadmill walk. I long for the weather to be cooler and I could workout outside instead of on treadmill. On the treadmill it is too easy to quit when you feel the slightest twinge of discomfort. I found the only way to stay on is to watch netflix while I run/walk. I guess my success is that I went further than last time, that is my goal to try to go further each time.

@atitagain1958 thanks for the supportive words, it means alot
  • VeganAmandaJ
    VeganAmandaJ Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    This is my first time here, I think.... not sure if I have posted before but my first goal is to get under 200 lbs which means losing almost 74 lbs. After that, I should probably lose another 30 at least which means altogether that's over 100 lbs. It's a daunting task since I lost over 50 lbs then regained about 20, lost 15, gained 10.. so on and so forth over the last 3+ years.

I've struggled with my weight basically my entire life since I was a small child, around 5 years old. I've been off track for a few months with moving and so I gained about 13 lbs over that time and getting back to it again with logging and making more effort to be committed and get focused again.

It's time to make some serious progress and I feel I need more support and I would like to support others in their journeys to lose a lot as well. A lot of my current pals don't need to lose as much and some are near or at goals or don't log in frequently, aren't very active so I'm needing to find some people who are on a similar journey and will be mutually supportive.

Today being Saturday still, my success for the week: I finally stepped on the scale and came to terms with the damage I've done. This is positive because it's a huge step in the right direction and is the spark I need to light my fire and push me in the right direction again.