Back on the Wagon!

Options

Replies

• likekelly
    likekelly Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I would like to join as well.. Years ago I lost around 15 kg (like 33lbs) but gained it all back in the year after, plus some
  • Jeyradan
    Jeyradan Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    Today we're headed to a water park with the kids and 2 of their friends. I plan on swimming off some calories from the weekend, and keeping lunch healthy and satisfying. Wish me luck!

You can do it - swimming is great exercise!
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    likekelly wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

I would like to join as well.. Years ago I lost around 15 kg (like 33lbs) but gained it all back in the year after, plus some

Welcome Kelly!

We've done it before, and we'll lose it again...and keep it off this time! Glad to have you with us!

Jill
  • jm216
    Options
    Savyna wrote: »
    Good luck Jill!
    Thanks Savyna!! <3
  • Jeyradan
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people! This is honestly the nicest, most supportive thread I've seen on MyFitnessPal. Everyone pulls together and has so much good advice and so many kind words!

Midweek good-news updates!

1) Got into the green for the week on Tuesday after Saturday's event blowout (and a Sunday of accidentally eating hardly anything, which wasn't intentional but did make resetting easier). Now saving up a deficit for next week's business trip. So far, I've managed to bank about 500 calories a day thanks to exercise and lots of vegetables - on track to do the same today if I recover from this cold/laryngitis thing enough to go to aikido class this evening. Fingers crossed, especially as I'm flying to the other side of the world tomorrow!

2) After wanting to try their products for ages, I discovered a limited range of Walden Farms items for sale in a shop five minutes' walk from my house! At £3.99 each, they're too expensive to use all the time, but I got the caramel (for me) and chocolate (for my partner) syrups to try out and will hopefully be picking up their peanut spread when the shop has it in stock again.

I hope you guys are all doing well!
  • jm216
    Options
    Way to go, Jeyradan!
  • jm216
    Options
    Time to kick it up a notch! The scale has been creeping up, and it's time to move and feel good as it starts moving down again. I've decided to do Fitstar Yoga and Fitstar again this morning. Feeling Awesome.... Achy but Awesome!

I've also decided to take a break from potato chips....my salty nemesis!

Weight gain should be seen as a new opportunity to try something different... Shake things up if something isn't working. Don't get depressed and binge... Because that doesn't help you. As Taylor Swift says....

https://youtu.be/nfWlot6h_JM

Jill
  • dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'd like to join in here :)

Past 1,5 month wasn't good. I started new job which I'm hating (I'm quitting next week) and it's causing me lot of stress. Also my OH is away very often, for work. All that is causing me binging and I barely made any progress since beginning of June.

At the beginning of July I promised myself that I'll be good this month. I have my birthday at the end of month and I'm going for holiday too. After that I have another trip and then I'm meeting my boyfriend's parents and I really wanted to feel good about myself by then. We'll spend week with them in Spain, they have big house with swimming pool and I was hoping I'll look good in bikini by then, however silly it sounds.

So July I wanted to make some real progress, as I'll be travelling later and I don't think I'll lose anything on holiday.
    And for some reason I can't set myself straight! Last three days was one of worst binges ever. I feel so horribly bloated and upset.

I need to get back on wagon ASAP, so I can enjoy coming weeks and feel good about my body. I lost 15,5 kg so far (about 33 pounds) and still have 6,5 kg to go. Fingers crossed for me getting my s.hit together today and not wasting another day for overeating and feeling sorry for myself!
  • jm216
    Options
    Hi Dustedwithsugar!

Love your name. Mine should be sprinkledwithchips!

It sounds like you've got a lot going on and it's stressing you out. Glad you're quitting your job...that will help. Remember, your boyfriend loves you for who you are now, and so will his parents. You've already had a huge accomplishment of losing 33 pounds, so be proud of yourself! Take a walk or do some yoga to clear your head and refocus. You've got this!

Jill
  • Jeyradan
    Options
    I need to get back on wagon ASAP, so I can enjoy coming weeks and feel good about my body. I lost 15,5 kg so far (about 33 pounds) and still have 6,5 kg to go. Fingers crossed for me getting my s.hit together today and not wasting another day for overeating and feeling sorry for myself!

You can do it! It sounds like you've had a rough time over the past few months, but losing 33 lbs (over two stone!) is a huge accomplishment and you should be proud of it, and proud of how you look now that you've lost it.

We can help with motivation to lose the last little bit! That's what I need to get rid of, too, so we can support each other. The good thing is that you were motivated enough to post here and ask for help with motivation - that already shows that you're trying to make progress!
  • jm216
    Options
    Feeling good today! How are you all doing?
  • jm216
    Options
    Day 2 of Yoga and feeling great! Relaxed, stretched and ready to take on the day. At home workouts are the best for me.... Not really a gym girl.

Did I mention I'm down a pound today? :)B)

Jill
  • Jeyradan
    Options
    Today's been a bit of a roller coaster, to be honest. Did a weigh-in this morning and was quite pleased with the results. Then had airport breakfast, aeroplane food, lunch when I landed (eight-hour time difference means four meals and a 32-hour day), and still haven't had dinner... and yet I'm already way over my calorie limit. And I'm on this business trip until Thursday morning.

I mean, it has been a fairly tasty day... but on the other hand I feel terrible about myself.
  • jm216
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself today, Jey. Chalk it up to a travel day. You'll eat healthier foods tomorrow after a good night's sleep. :)
  • Jeyradan
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    Don't be so hard on yourself today, Jey. Chalk it up to a travel day. You'll eat healthier foods tomorrow after a good night's sleep. :)

Thank you for your kindness. Unfortunately, I fear it's unhealthy foods for me until Thursday, but after that I'm going to need to be on Best Behaviour for a very long time to compensate for the sins of this week. Perhaps I should recuse myself from this group until then. I feel like I'm desperately running after the wagon, but not catching it at all!
  • jm216
    Options
    Jey,
    None of us are perfect.... Just keep moving forward, and do the best you can given the circumstances. You'll get through this. :)

Jill
  • jm216
    Options
    This is another one of my "pick-me-up" songs when I'm feeling discouraged...it always puts a smile on my face. :)

https://youtu.be/NYVrww7WdXQ
  • jm216
    Options
    a8wc4ctt11bs.jpg

Nice morning walk by the lake. Happy Monday!

Jill
  • Breizier
    Breizier Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    HI All, I have loved reading through this thread! Fallen off the wagon... I'm hitched to the ground with a bungee cord and each time that waggon comes round I jump on, but the cord pulls me back to the damn ground.

I signed back on to MFP after a year and a bit absence and this thread has been so great. But the pics of food so not helpful just made slobber like Homer Simpson - it all looked so divine.

The descriptions given of back ache, swollen achey feet/joints, so could be talking about me. Just back from a weekend in Barcelona where I walked my poor heat swollen feet off - didn't go mad on food and wine so still on the same plateau as before. I think this thread will help me on my 40lb way.

JM, Ladies and gents you all made me smile the posts in here are so lovely; gently bracing an supportive and some how 'smiley' and welcoming. Thank you for making me feel like you know what, I can do it.

Please feel free to add me as a friend...B
  • jm216
    Options
    Breizier wrote: »
    HI All, I have loved reading through this thread! Fallen off the wagon... I'm hitched to the ground with a bungee cord and each time that waggon comes round I jump on, but the cord pulls me back to the damn ground.

I signed back on to MFP after a year and a bit absence and this thread has been so great. But the pics of food so not helpful just made slobber like Homer Simpson - it all looked so divine.

The descriptions given of back ache, swollen achey feet/joints, so could be talking about me. Just back from a weekend in Barcelona where I walked my poor heat swollen feet off - didn't go mad on food and wine so still on the same plateau as before. I think this thread will help me on my 40lb way.

JM, Ladies and gents you all made me smile the posts in here are so lovely; gently bracing an supportive and some how 'smiley' and welcoming. Thank you for making me feel like you know what, I can do it.

Please feel free to add me as a friend...B

Welcome B!!

We're so glad you've found us!
    You will fit in perfectly here... Love the bungee analogy :D Typically potato chips pull me off the wagon, and throw me on the ground..:hushed:

Jill