3. Study
    That's it I'm feeling lazy

@thenewkayla

Definitely hope you meet your goals. Especially #1. Lol
  • tbolashana
    tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    To get in 20k steps. (Done with 24k+!) I realize I always overshoot the standard 10k on work days, so I shoot for 20k steps as a challenge. :)

@neldabg

Very nice! So what's your weekend goal? My weekends usually suck. I am working on that.
  • tbolashana
    Options
    lindarpolk wrote: »
    1. Stay away from junk food and stick to my calorie goal.
    2. Have a serious talk with my mother about her behavior. She has the right to do what she wants, but I am hurt by it.
    3. Aerobic exercise and strength training.
    4. Apply for jobs.
    5. Write a thank you note.

Overall a good day. I was so busy doing laundry and dishes that I lost track of time and didn't get to go to the gym because of summer hours. I found two good job leads and started applying because I don't think they'll last long. I need to put my list somewhere where I'll see it and they time I'll do it so I don't get distracted doing other things not on my list.

@lindarpolk

I'm happy you had an overall good day. I hate when I don't get my workout in, like yesterday, ughhh! I hope those jobs pan out. I know how stressful job hunting can be. And definitely feel free to post here to be able to look at your list to not get distracted. That is the exact reason I started it. I tended to get distracted and wanted to be able to quickly reference something and for others to be able to do the same.

Did you talk to your mother? I definitely have experience with that. I am long overdue for a talk with mine. It is very difficult for me. One day I'll have the courage.

What are your goals today?
  • tbolashana
    Options
    1. Get work done, while at work...
    2. Pay more attention to Macros a little more.
    3. Find every little attempt to be active and TAKE IT!
    4. GYM!
    5. then chill..

@LaReineDesPixels

Nice goals! I love #3! That is what I try to do every day.

And I agree with @jenilla1 , #5 is awesome!
  • tbolashana
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Get to the gym and do something, not sure what yet. I'll figure it out when I get there.

@jenilla1

Did you make it to the gym? I am not to good with figuring it out when I get there. When I used to go, cancelled my membership, I some times just walked around aimlessly. Smh...
  • tbolashana
    Options
    @jenilla1 thank you for posting everyday. I love your dedication to your goals and it is inspiring to me. :)
  • tbolashana
    Options
    pari65 wrote: »
    Hello! I am new and looking for a jump start. I plan on drinking 8 cups of water, which is HARD for me since I rarely ever drink water.
    stick to a 1200 calorie diet and do at least 30 min of HIIT.

I usually drink a bottle of water everywhere I go in the car.

@pari65

How's it been going?
  • tbolashana
    Options
    Today it's Sunday. I'm always inspired in Sundays. I wake up with the feeling that I can accomplish things. It's a fresh new week and the possibilities seems endless. I hope to conquer some goals today. What about you? Do you feel more motivated on Sundays too? What are your goals today (they don't only have to be fitness related)?
  • tbolashana
    edited July 2016
    Options
    My new ongoing goal, every day, will be 16k steps. I am awake for at least 16 hours or more a day, why not? Every hour I will check to see where I'm at and run in place if I'm behind. (By the way, I'm already behind. Lol. I forgot my goal already. Smh. Lol. I have 11 minutes to get to 1k).

• tbolashana
    Options
    Okay so getting 1k steps every hour is proving to be difficult but not too bad. I'm a little over 6k and should be at 8k. I will catch up though.
  • LaReineDesPixels
    LaReineDesPixels Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    tbolashana wrote: »
    Okay so getting 1k steps every hour is proving to be difficult but not too bad. I'm a little over 6k and should be at 8k. I will catch up though.

I've found the most steps I can get in is while I'm at work. :/ unless I'm out all day during the weekend it's tough!
  • tbolashana
    edited July 2016
    Options

I've found the most steps I can get in is while I'm at work. :/ unless I'm out all day during the weekend it's tough!

@LaReineDesPixels

Yeah I am still catching up. Weekends are the worst for me.
  • Fiqahana
    Fiqahana Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Today my goals are simple, to stay under my calorie goal! It's my first day back after a long time so I'm gonna try my best :smiley: I hope all of you will manage to achieve your goals, you can do it! :star:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Get to the gym and do something, not sure what yet. I'll figure it out when I get there.

@jenilla1

Did you make it to the gym? I am not to good with figuring it out when I get there. When I used to go, cancelled my membership, I some times just walked around aimlessly. Smh...

Made it to the gym tonight. I did weights and tried out that awful beast of a stair machine. Harder than it looks. Still need to work on getting enough fruit and vegetable servings and drinking enough water...

Tomorrow: Celebrating the 4th with mountain biking! B)

ETA: You can walk around aimlessly on the treadmill like everybody else. That still counts... ;)
  • jenilla1
    Options
    @jenilla1 thank you for posting everyday. I love your dedication to your goals and it is inspiring to me. :)

Well, it's a good reminder for me. If I write it down (or post it) I'm more likely to do it. I don't feel too inspirational, though. I'm really a bit of a slug. Ha!
  • jenilla1
    Options
    Today it's Sunday. I'm always inspired in Sundays. I wake up with the feeling that I can accomplish things. It's a fresh new week and the possibilities seems endless. I hope to conquer some goals today. What about you? Do you feel more motivated on Sundays too? What are your goals today (they don't only have to be fitness related)?

I used to DREAD Sunday because it meant that Monday was fast approaching. I tended to nap all day to avoid the feeling of dread. Sunday was worse than Monday. By the time Monday arrived I was resigned to just surviving the rest of the week. How sad is that? (I had a very stressful job with a ton of responsibility.) Well, that was a bit of a downer. Sorry everyone... :o But since I decided that my health and well-being was more important than my big, fat paycheck, and I retired from the world of work, every day is about the same for me, in terms of motivation.

The days my husband has off are when I'm most motivated, because we like to go out and be active together. His days off are always changing, so that could really be any day of the week. :)

• tbolashana
    Options
    Fiqahana wrote: »
    Today my goals are simple, to stay under my calorie goal! It's my first day back after a long time so I'm gonna try my best :smiley: I hope all of you will manage to achieve your goals, you can do it! :star:

@Fiqahana

Welcome back!

How's it going so far?
  • tbolashana
    edited July 2016
    Options

@jenilla1

Made it to the gym tonight. I did weights and tried out that awful beast of a stair machine. Harder than it looks. Still need to work on getting enough fruit and vegetable servings and drinking enough water...

Tomorrow: Celebrating the 4th with mountain biking! B)

ETA: You can walk around aimlessly on the treadmill like everybody else. That still counts... ;)

@jenilla1

Lol. Good point about the treadmill. Lol

What a great way to celebrate!

And those are the same exact things I need to work on!
  • tbolashana
    edited July 2016
    Options

I used to DREAD Sunday because it meant that Monday was fast approaching. I tended to nap all day to avoid the feeling of dread. Sunday was worse than Monday. By the time Monday arrived I was resigned to just surviving the rest of the week. How sad is that? (I had a very stressful job with a ton of responsibility.) Well, that was a bit of a downer. Sorry everyone... :o But since I decided that my health and well-being was more important than my big, fat paycheck, and I retired from the world of work, every day is about the same for me, in terms of motivation.

The days my husband has off are when I'm most motivated, because we like to go out and be active together. His days off are always changing, so that could really be any day of the week. :)

@jenilla1

That did sound like a bummer at first but then you turned it around. Lol

I love that you so what was more important to you and you went for it.

Sure money is nice but I an starting to realize myself that it is not every thing. My life has changed and that has meant less money. I am still trying to be okay with that.

Your post made me feel alive! I am going to look at the change in my life differently and start seeing more of what I have and appreciating it more. Thanks