What's your goals for today?

Replies

• CSylviaMarie
    CSylviaMarie Posts: 80 Member
    That being said..... goal today is to drink more water! Need to get back to my gallon a day. Also to be mindful of my portions and get some strength training in after work
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Weightlifting for 60 minutes at the gym this morning and a Focus T25 workout this evening.
  • tbolashana
    tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
    That being said..... goal today is to drink more water! Need to get back to my gallon a day. Also to be mindful of my portions and get some strength training in after work

@CSylviaMarie

Welcome to the thread! Nice goals! Sounds like my goals. Let me know now it goes.
  • tbolashana
    @leahkathleen13

Did you get some yoga in?
  • tbolashana
    OK. Instead of commenting key me also make some goals for me. 8 cups of water. Eat 2 servings of fruit and 2 veggies. Bed before 10
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Heading out on a road trip today, so my activity level will be low! My goal first is to do at least 20 mins on the elliptical, and possibly some kettlebells, before the rest of the house wakes up.
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Hi Tbolashana! I did do the yoga! I have been going a bit over on calories and tomorrow my goal is to be under. I've been running for 35 minutes. Tomorrow my goal is to have food prep for lunch as I will be on the road all day. Thank you so much for checking in you are awesome!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Today was a rest day. Tomorrow back to the gym - probably weights, but not sure yet.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Today was a rest day. Tomorrow back to the gym - probably weights, but not sure yet.

Goal met. I went to the gym and ran 5k on the treadmill. Earned my ice cream today! Been keeping up with the added protein, too. :D

Thursday's Goal: Weights Day
  • CSylviaMarie
    CSylviaMarie Posts: 80 Member
    My goal for tomorrow (thurs) is to get in some stretching and maybe yoga. Tomorrow is my running off day so i need to be sure to ice my ankle
  • jenilla1
    My goal for tomorrow (thurs) is to get in some stretching and maybe yoga. Tomorrow is my running off day so i need to be sure to ice my ankle

Careful with running injuries! Take as much time as you need to rest and heal. Do you have an ankle support sleeve that you can use when running? For me, running injuries always take FOREVER to heal, and if I'm not careful I re-injure myself. Hopefully, you're a better, faster healer than I am! ;)

(P.S. I used to get injured all the time, and then I started weight training to supplement. Haven't had an injury since and it's been several years. Getting stronger also helped my pace.)
  • jenilla1
    Didn't realize I'd gone so long without updating! Busy week, but I did get in weights twice and a hike once. Also maintained protein goals! o:)

Labor Day goal: not sure if biking, hiking or swimming - but some physical activity will be done!

Week goal: Get my crazy, out-of-whack sleep schedule back on track!
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    To eat, drink, and be merry! This is the last day of a 10 day vacation for me, I ended my diet season Saturday with a 5k race so I'm enjoying a guilt free binge for a couple of days!
  • jenilla1
    To eat, drink, and be merry! This is the last day of a 10 day vacation for me, I ended my diet season Saturday with a 5k race so I'm enjoying a guilt free binge for a couple of days!

Rock on! B)
  • jenilla1
    Didn't realize I'd gone so long without updating! Busy week, but I did get in weights twice and a hike once. Also maintained protein goals! o:)

Labor Day goal: not sure if biking, hiking or swimming - but some physical activity will be done!

Week goal: Get my crazy, out-of-whack sleep schedule back on track!

I didn't do any of those things. Instead, I ran 7 miles. The weather was perfect! B)
  • Drink more water and make sure my dinner doesn't exceed 500 calories which should leave me with a sizeable calorie deficit
  • daworley
    daworley Posts: 238 Member
    Keep under (but close to) my calorie goal; work out after work; and work on my posture.
  • jenilla1
    edited September 2016
    Heading into fall so I have to alter my habits, otherwise I get into a funk with the change of seasons. It's gear-switching time! Looking forward to positive outcomes. I have a history of having very productive, happy fall seasons whenever I make these changes. And the opposite when I don't...ugh.

So far, my goals for the entire week (and all coming weeks for the fall and winter) are:

1. Work on getting at least 7 solid, uninterrupted hours of sleep each day. (Hopefully more than that.)
    2. Get some purposeful physical activity (aka exercise) every day. <-- challenging
    3. Drink 8 cups of water minimum per day. <-- easy
    4. Increase protein, decrease sugars - already changed my MFP macros in my food diary to make this easier to track.

ETA: All goals met today! :)
  • jenilla1
    Today: Incline walking on treadmill.
    Tomorrow: Mountain biking.
  • jenilla1
    Today: Incline walking on treadmill.
    Tomorrow: Mountain biking.

Done.

I've totally failed at my on-going sleep goal, though. :(

Tomorrow:
    Rest day so just some light swimming in the pool.