What's your goals for today?

Options

Replies

• mandalynn923
    mandalynn923 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My goals for yesterday didn't go that great...I didn't make a single one. But I picked myself and dusted my tired butt off in an effort to do better today. It's HOT here so exercise in any form is pure torture. I made a plan to go running with a friend tonight though so I'm hoping that I'll have better luck. My goals for today...

1. Stay under my calories...I really want to make it a solid week of staying under.
    2. Run with my BFF
    3. SLEEP...

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Goal: weights day
  • mandalynn923
    Options
    Goal:
    1. Hit calorie goal (I was close yesterday but squeaked by)
    2. Meal plan for next week to make it easier to stay on track.

Personal victory for me will be making it all the way to Tuesday without going over my calorie goal. Usually sticking to my plan for the 1st week is the hardest. Every time I go to reach for food I just have to remember why I started. I was proud of myself last night because instead of snacking I filled up my water bottle. I've started adding a little lime to my water for a little flavor without the deluge of calories.

What's your best defense against nighttime snacking?
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    How are we all doing on those goals people?!

I managed to stay within my calories yesterday - barely, but I did it! Today I will do it again. I have to bus home so will have to try to avoid the shops on the way.
  • jenilla1
    Options

Drinking my favorite flavored teas, distracting myself with an activity that keeps me busy, if all else fails - going to bed.
  • jenilla1
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Goal: weights day

I did some mountain biking instead. Almost killed myself in the heat. It was nice when we got there, but all of a sudden, it was baking! :s
  • lindarpolk
    lindarpolk Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Did you talk to your mother? I definitely have experience with that. I am long overdue for a talk with mine. It is very difficult for me. One day I'll have the courage.

How do you quote other people on these boards. I don't think this is going to look like other posts that have quotes.

Yes, I talked to her. I guess it's just a difference in opinion, just not one that I can live with, so I'm trying to get a job that pays more so I can move out of her basement and be able to pay things like rent and utilities.

She offered two sweet deserts at a dinner with family and friends in order to give people more choice about what to eat, even though two of the people are diabetic (plus her, but she doesn't care what she eats) and three more are obese. Of course, the strawberry shortcake had sugar added to the strawberries and the triple chocolate cake is DELICIOUS! She understands that I'm trying to take care of my health and thinks that she's helping. Her giving us more of a choice felt to me like this irresistible food was being stuck in my face. I managed to get up and leave before having a second desert.
  • mandalynn923
    Options
    So I did great yesterday and even resisted the temptation of take out. I haven't been hungry hardly at all today and am struggling to get in my calories with healthy choices.

These are the days that I usually am concerned about getting all my calories in and end up stuffing my face with junk. I know that will make me feel like crap for my long run tomorrow though so I'm trying to focus on that.

I faced a couple of my big triggers today and managed to stay in control (so far)! Proud of myself and hoping to see some movement on the scale on weigh yourself Wednesday
  • jenilla1
    Options
    lindarpolk wrote: »
    Did you talk to your mother? I definitely have experience with that. I am long overdue for a talk with mine. It is very difficult for me. One day I'll have the courage.

How do you quote other people on these boards. I don't think this is going to look like other posts that have quotes.

Yes, I talked to her. I guess it's just a difference in opinion, just not one that I can live with, so I'm trying to get a job that pays more so I can move out of her basement and be able to pay things like rent and utilities.

She offered two sweet deserts at a dinner with family and friends in order to give people more choice about what to eat, even though two of the people are diabetic (plus her, but she doesn't care what she eats) and three more are obese. Of course, the strawberry shortcake had sugar added to the strawberries and the triple chocolate cake is DELICIOUS! She understands that I'm trying to take care of my health and thinks that she's helping. Her giving us more of a choice felt to me like this irresistible food was being stuck in my face. I managed to get up and leave before having a second desert.

You go to the post you want to quote, look at the bottom in blue font it says quote, click on that and then start typing underneath! :)
  • lalee115
    lalee115 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    My family is getting together today for my nephew's birthday, so my goal is to make good choices out of whatever food is served. Fingers crossed for lots of veggies!
  • fvsmar1124
    fvsmar1124 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just reconnecting to the site. My goal for today is to drink a gallon of water and to aim for a 30 minute run this evening.
  • lalee115
    lalee115 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    lalee115 wrote: »
    My family is getting together today for my nephew's birthday, so my goal is to make good choices out of whatever food is served. Fingers crossed for lots of veggies!

NO VEGGIES!!!! My grandma always has veggies, and there were none to be found. :( I ate the best I could, though, and did not just give up and say "oh well..." and gorge myself. I did indulge. I did log. And I have plenty left for the rest of my day.
  • almostanangel21
    almostanangel21 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    1. Church (failed, husband overslept)
    2. Not to go nuts on brunch (success; under 600 calories)
    3. One hour of exercise (about to get this done)
    4. Hit the store for a week's worth of healthy meals
    5. Not to go over daily calories at dinnertime - easy if we're home, harder if my husband wants to eat out again.
  • jenilla1
    Options
    Goal: Get to the gym and earn me some tamales! :D
  • jenilla1
    Options

Done!
  • Koldnomore
    Options
    Goal:

This is my biggest problem too! I gave into the cookies last night but overall I was under for the week so I don't feel too horrible about it.

I used to have success by actually planning for the snacking - but I also had a LOT more calories to play with the last time around because I was able to be much more active. Situation has changed this time so I am stuck with 1500 instead of 2200. That's SO hard!

I find that if I tell myself over and over "Food won't make you feel better" I can sometimes talk myself out of it. I try to drink a ton of water also, which helps. When all else fails, I go to bed. Sucks, but it beats binging.
    Done!

Yay!! Good Work!!

My only goal for today is once again not to snack over my calories tonight.
  • mandalynn923
    Options
    @Koldnomore
    I usually do the same, I try and save calories for snacking at the end of the day. Most of the time I stick to air popped popcorn or a pre-portioned snack. I have to stay away from my "trigger" food and make sure that I don't start munching just because I'm bored/lonely/angry etc.

I had a good weekend and I'm closing in on making my goal of 1 week with no going over my allotted calories.

Today was a huge struggle for me because I was rushed this morning and didn't get my morning coffee and only packed half a lunch. To top everything off I didn't leave work until almost 6.

Bleck...so instead of stuffing my face when I got home I threw some chicken in the oven and gobbled it down before making any other food choices. Progress...now running 3 miles, making my lunch for tomorrow (so as to not repeat my mistakes this morning) and trying to relax.
  • EllyTheDreamer
    EllyTheDreamer Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Koldnomore wrote: »
    My only goal for today is once again not to snack over my calories tonight.
    Good luck! It's not an easy thing to do.
    If that happens to me, it's because I haven't had a good solid breakfast and starved myself from the very start of the day, which then takes it's revenge later in the day. If I eat well in the morning my evening cravings are almost non existent.

My goal for today is to get my macros distributed evenly throughout the day.
  • Koldnomore
    Options
    I had a good weekend and I'm closing in on making my goal of 1 week with no going over my allotted calories.

Today was a huge struggle for me because I was rushed this morning and didn't get my morning coffee and only packed half a lunch. To top everything off I didn't leave work until almost 6.

Bleck...so instead of stuffing my face when I got home I threw some chicken in the oven and gobbled it down before making any other food choices. Progress...now running 3 miles, making my lunch for tomorrow (so as to not repeat my mistakes this morning) and trying to relax.

Great job heading off the binge!
    Good luck! It's not an easy thing to do.
    If that happens to me, it's because I haven't had a good solid breakfast and starved myself from the very start of the day, which then takes it's revenge later in the day. If I eat well in the morning my evening cravings are almost non existent.
    My goal for today is to get my macros distributed evenly throughout the day.

How I wish my breakfast mattered :( It happens to me regardless of what I eat. My breakfast is pretty well the same every day. Always oatmeal with berries and I normally will snack also. I have tried to eat more earlier to ward off the cravings but then instead of having the calories when the craving hits, I end up going over. The only strategy I have found that will allow me to keep under for the day.

I managed yesterday with an ice cream cone to be only 20 calories over so I will call that a win ;)
  • tbolashana
    tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    tbolashana wrote: »
    ...I am going to look at the change in my life differently and start seeing more of what I have and appreciating it more...

Gratitude. It's the key to contentment in life. Life is a series of trade-offs. Nobody gets everything they want. You just have to figure out what's most important and live it. No one, rich or poor, can be truly happy unless they are grateful for their blessings. Develop and practice gratitude and I promise it will change your life! It changed mine... <3

Think of all the miserable trolls on the Internet. How sad for them. You can find tragedy, mean-spiritedness and drama everywhere if you're looking for it and perpetuating it, but why not look for the good instead? I got the following message in a fortune cookie several years ago: "Goodness seeks goodness." I normally just laugh off my fortunes, but that time I saw the truth in it and immediately started looking for all the positive things all around me.

Sure, there will be bumps in the road, but if you keep focused on the goodness, you'll come through. You have to stay focused and actively practice good thoughts at first, but over time it just becomes habit to have a positive outlook!

@jenilla1

Thank you for your response. It was very thoughtful.