What's your goals for today?

Replies

• tbolashana
    tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
    Update: I got to 16k on Sunday but only to 6k yesterday. Let's see what today brings!
  • Fiqahana
    Fiqahana Posts: 93 Member
    Okay I guess, no worries. I'll try my best. Thanks for asking hunn :#
  • mandalynn923
    mandalynn923 Posts: 16 Member
    I'm so glad I was able to find this thread! I need some help setting small daily goals to accomplish my big goals.

I know it's a little late in the day but here are my goals for today...

1.) Stay within my calorie goal
    2.) Run or walk
    3.) Make a healthy dinner for my family

Thanks for the motivation!
  • tbolashana
    @mandalynn923

Welcome aboard!

Be sure to make it a favorite by selecting the "star" in the corner and making it gold. I find that very helpful.

I hope this thread can help you and keep you accountable. Good luck!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    tbolashana wrote: »
    ...I am going to look at the change in my life differently and start seeing more of what I have and appreciating it more...

Gratitude. It's the key to contentment in life. Life is a series of trade-offs. Nobody gets everything they want. You just have to figure out what's most important and live it. No one, rich or poor, can be truly happy unless they are grateful for their blessings. Develop and practice gratitude and I promise it will change your life! It changed mine... <3

Think of all the miserable trolls on the Internet. How sad for them. You can find tragedy, mean-spiritedness and drama everywhere if you're looking for it and perpetuating it, but why not look for the good instead? I got the following message in a fortune cookie several years ago: "Goodness seeks goodness." I normally just laugh off my fortunes, but that time I saw the truth in it and immediately started looking for all the positive things all around me.

Sure, there will be bumps in the road, but if you keep focused on the goodness, you'll come through. You have to stay focused and actively practice good thoughts at first, but over time it just becomes habit to have a positive outlook!
  • JustLikeJordin
    JustLikeJordin Posts: 129 Member
    Hit my macros and give them a chance. Drink at least a gallon of water. Minimum 15 mile ride(highlight of my day).
  • MichaelaSheppard
    MichaelaSheppard Posts: 96 Member
    Today i WILL run 3 miles without walking. My body can do it but my mind needs to be shown!!
  • Breezyy32
    Breezyy32 Posts: 39 Member
    Do 1 minute sprints on the treadmill while trying to reach 5k in under 25 minutes at the same time
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    neldabg wrote: »
    To get in 20k steps. (Done with 24k+!) I realize I always overshoot the standard 10k on work days, so I shoot for 20k steps as a challenge. :)

@neldabg

Very nice! So what's your weekend goal? My weekends usually suck. I am working on that.

I don't have goals separated according to the day of the week. I pretty much just aim to maintain and move every day. If a work day (it's a part-time job) happens to fall on the weekend, my 20k goal still remains.
    Aww. I'm sorry you find the weekends hard. I hope for the best!
  • mandalynn923
    So yesterday I made 2 out of 3 goals. I forgot the fireworks were rescheduled for last night so that threw a kink in my walk/run plan.

So today...
    1.) Get a good night's sleep. [I struggled the past few nights]

2.) Homemade family dinner

3.) Some type of exercise

It's great to see everyone's goals. Have a great day!
  • tbolashana
    Today i WILL run 3 miles without walking. My body can do it but my mind needs to be shown!!

@MichaelaSheppard

Love this!!!!
  • MichaelaSheppard
    MichaelaSheppard Posts: 96 Member

@MichaelaSheppard

Love this!!!!

I did it. It felt great. I could of gone on but because i'd set myself 3 miles non stop, i hit 3 miles and my brain said stop your watch. My head is definitely my biggest enemy
  • EllyTheDreamer
    EllyTheDreamer Posts: 10 Member
    Hello everyone. New to the board.

My goal for today is to go workout after work and not let tiredness get the best of me. That's it.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member

@MichaelaSheppard

Love this!!!!

I did it. It felt great. I could of gone on but because i'd set myself 3 miles non stop, i hit 3 miles and my brain said stop your watch. My head is definitely my biggest enemy

That's exactly the way my brain works on treadmills. I get to my goal and then shut down for some reason. Treadmill running is not fun for me, but sometimes I have to make do. Now on a beautiful trail, I almost always do more than planned. I could run forever sometimes... B)
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Hi all! Great thread! I went from 248 to 140 a couple years back but been slowly creeping back up due to medical issues and stress. Diet is my biggest problem these days. Used to be that I could ignore the cravings but after dieting for so long I think something in my brain just snapped. Seems its always around 8pm I just go nuts and binge on anything I can find and blow my whole day.

Goals for today:
    - To make it through the day without going to the cafeteria to buy anything. I have my lunch so there is no reason that I should!
    - To not snack on junk after dinner and make it through the day under 1500 calories.
  • tbolashana

@MichaelaSheppard

Love this!!!!

@MichaelaSheppard

Wow! You're a Rock Star!
  • tbolashana
    Hello everyone. New to the board.

My goal for today is to go workout after work and not let tiredness get the best of me. That's it.

@EllyTheDreamer

Good luck! I know how hard it is to get it in once the day has passed.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    To get a full 8 hours at my desk :D
    To make it to my CatScan on time, unlike yesterday
    Not melt between the car and the hospital
    To meet my step goals making it two days in a row...lol
    Lift something heavy, at some point... B)
  • tbolashana
    jenilla1 wrote: »

@MichaelaSheppard

Love this!!!!

That's exactly the way my brain works on treadmills. I get to my goal and then shut down for some reason. Treadmill running is not fun for me, but sometimes I have to make do. Now on a beautiful trail, I almost always do more than planned. I could run forever sometimes... B)

@jenilla1

I absolutely hate the dreadmill! Some people love it but I get sooooo bored! I need to be more active than that, like you said, a trail.
  • mandalynn923
    I used to be able to run on a treadmill, but now that I've discovered my love for trail running they are pure torture! Great job on your 3 miles @MichaelaSheppard ! My brain shuts down once I've reached my goal frequently, and then sometimes it's hard for me to restart.