Grapefruit juice, apple cider vinegar and honey drink

Options
Has anyone heard of the Grapefruit juice, ACV and honey tummy slimming drink? You drink one cup before each meal to help burn fat. Anyone have any experience with this? Does it aid in weightloss?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Has anyone heard of the Grapefruit juice, ACV and honey tummy slimming drink? You drink one cup before each meal to help burn fat. Anyone have any experience with this? Does it aid in weightloss?

no
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

No. It sounds gross. I can't see it having any benefits as far as weight loss unless it makes you lose your appetite.

Grapefruit juice can be contraindicated with meds, ACV tastes great on salad and is supposed to be great for your skin and hair when used topically (I haven't tried it), and honey tastes great but has a lot of calories.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Sounds disgusting.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Grapefruit juice can be contraindicated with meds,

No joke. A likely inexhaustive list complied and published in 2012 (source citation at the bottom of every page if you want to read the original accompanying article) : http://www.cmaj.ca/content/suppl/2012/11/26/cmaj.120951.DC1/grape-bailey-1-at.pdf
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Ew. No.
  • JosetteGetsFit
    JosetteGetsFit Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit in itself stimulates the liver. Interactions of grapefruit juice and cardiovascular medications can be potentially dangerous. Other than that all of those ingredients have amazing health benefits. I use ACV, garlic and honey to get over strep throat without getting an RX. I also like to drink grapefruit before a meal because it makes digestion better.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an extreme case of heartburn to me...OUCH.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Do you take it with a side of tums?
  • JosetteGetsFit
    Options
    I take it in a shot glass! No tums :)
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit in itself stimulates the liver. Interactions of grapefruit juice and cardiovascular medications can be potentially dangerous. Other than that all of those ingredients have amazing health benefits. I use ACV, garlic and honey to get over strep throat without getting an RX. I also like to drink grapefruit before a meal because it makes digestion better.

They may have some health benefits, but it will not help you to lose weight quicker or burn fat. You need a calorie deficit for that.
  • JosetteGetsFit
    Options
    It does help flush fat and toxins from the liver. And yes, you do need a calorie deficit to lose weight.
    mkakids wrote: »

They may have some health benefits, but it will not help you to lose weight quicker or burn fat. You need a calorie deficit for that.