July 30 day shred challenge

Options

Replies

• gsm12
    gsm12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    nikcki6 wrote: »
    gsm12 wrote: »
    I just completed day 1 of Phase 2. I started on 6/15 but took some extra rest days due to doms. I will say the cliche "it gets easier" (it really does!) and don't be in a hurry to complete it in 30 days, I recommend mastering each move and waiting until you can do the unmodified versions of each move for the entire workout before moving to the next phase. Good luck!

Height: 5"4
    SW: 182
    CW: 174
    GW: 165 (short term)

Wuuuuuuut?! GSM12 have you lost the 8 pounds since starting the workouts?! That's awesome!

I like your thoughts on waiting until you master each move before you move on. I've been doing a little cardio before my workouts in the morning, and at night "practicing" the strength training moves. I feel like it's really helping me get through the workouts. It's so hard in the middle of the workout once you start to get worn down to focus on form. I find the muscle memory of just doing the strength moves the night before helps my body remember how to do the proper form. If on day 10 I'm still not a master of each move I might keep doing them, and just adding them to level 2.

Thanks! Diet has helped a lot too- I couldn't tell you the last time I worked out prior to 30DS and ate very little, so I think this has definitely kick started my metabolism. Hoping to get another 9 off by the end of Phase 3. What cardio have you been adding? I've just stuck to the workouts but could for sure kick it up a gear.
  • nikcki6
    nikcki6 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I hate cardio. I keep telling myself that I'm going to go to the gym in the morning, and hit the cardio machines, but I rarely do. I play drums for 30-45 minutes really hard before my workouts.
  • ivylyon
    ivylyon Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Day 9 done! I'm enjoying it so far, am a bit nervous about starting phase 2 tho!
  • reclaimmylife4mfp
    reclaimmylife4mfp Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm in

Starting weight
  • becky1390
    becky1390 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Day 7 for me today. Definitely getting easier each day. I'm excited to take my measurements!
  • ivylyon
    Options
    Day 11, first day of Level 2, felt like dead weight, but I'm looking forward to it getting easier as I get stronger.
  • reclaimmylife4mfp
    reclaimmylife4mfp Posts: 24 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Sharing a little more..
    PHASE 1, DAY 1
    SW: 185.4
    Gw: 160 (healthy weight for my height)
    GOAL after 30 days: 175

I have gained 40 pounds in the last 3 years. I know exactly why. I used to work out 6 days a week. I trained for a half marathon and accomplished my goal. Afterwards, I did not set up a new goal, so I slowly phased out workouts. Lately, I have been walking with my husband, but I need to work strength training back in. I think 30 day shred will help me ease back into more intense routines. I also think joining mfp will help me control my diet.
  • becky1390
    Options
    Just finished day 9 of level one. (I've taken two rest days) so far so good! How's everyone else doing?!
  • b1229
    b1229 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Started level 2 yesterday and it's killing me :)
  • double_dash88
    double_dash88 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Day 8 finished! It's my TOM and I took a rest day yesterday. Was tempted to be lazy again today too but I figured that the feeling of finishing the workout would be way better than the feeling of being lazy on my couch. Wasn't the best, most intense workout but now it's a FINISHED one! Woo Hooo!
  • ivylyon
    Options
    b1229 wrote: »
    Started level 2 yesterday and it's killing me :)

I hear ya! Those squat thrusts! The first day I was like HOW? Now day 4 and I can do them...a bit slower but doing it. The V-raises are also a struggle.
  • nikcki6
    Options
    I'm starting level 2 today! I should have started it yesterday, but I rolled my ankle at work. I was nervous to try a new routine so I did an extra day of level 1. I lost 3.4 pounds on level 1, but it feels like 5 in my jeans, and the mirror!
  • nikcki6
    Options
    Anyone want to do the 30 day shred challenge with me?
    July 3rd start day/ level 1
    Weight- 181.6
    Waist- 39
    Hip-42
    Thigh-24
    Arm- 13

July 14 level 2
    Weight-178
    Waist- 37
    Hip-41
    Thigh-24
    Arm-12

Lost 3.6 pounds 5 inches! I measured with clothes on because I was running late. Maybe their is another inch lost.

• ivylyon
    Options
    nikcki6 wrote: »

Lost 3.6 pounds 5 inches!

Great result! Well done, it's a tough work out, but you've had amazing losses. You'll also have gained in fitness and determination. Stick with it
    (I'm midway on Level 2, and I'm a bit scared of how hard Level 3 will be - eek!)

• dearcassandrab
    dearcassandrab Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the shred since June. Broke up each level into 12 workouts each 4 times a week with two cardio days. I've lost 10 pounds in a month, and several inches! About to complete level 2 this week. May stay on an additional couple days or so level 2 is still pretty hardl.
  • hjohnso5
    hjohnso5 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in for this challenge! I just did day one of level two.....and now I'm laying on the ground like a dead fish. So hard! No weight loss for me yet, but I'm hoping to lose inches by the end of the 30 days.
  • becky1390
    Options
    Just did day 2 level 2. Currently laying on the floor dying. Send help. ;)
  • ivylyon
    Options
    Day 18 done. Not my most energetic effort, but I did it
  • dearcassandrab
    dearcassandrab Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 13 done so 25 days total of shred and 6 weeks in total of working out 6 days a week.
  • b1229
    b1229 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 6 not getting any easier :#