POKEMON GO

Options

Replies

• guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    xxxTiaxxx wrote: »
    I think the whole of my city is playing it atm lol

I went out yesterday downtown (its like a hotspot of 'pokestops' and there were SO MANY PEOPLE walking/driving/biking that I could tell were playing the game, adults and kids alike. I really love this :D
  • ZantanaKMC
    ZantanaKMC Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I can totally understand Pokémon GO even though I don't play it with regards to getting out and getting exercise. My oldest son actually walks 6km a day just to catch Pokémon. His plan is to do more walking and catch Pokémon. So I'm thankful as its getting him out of the house and not playing video games on a computer.
  • MaybeLed
    MaybeLed Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    So during a particularly bad insomnia attack I downloaded this, (having to get a US account, as I'm in the UK). And had lunch in the park, several people from work hanging round the pokestops in the corners, successfully adulting!
  • MaybeLed
    MaybeLed Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Louise1491 wrote: »
    xxxTiaxxx wrote: »
    Louise1491 wrote: »
    ^^ thanks I will look again

I JUST REMEMBERED SOMETHING!! If you're in a country other than Japan, Australia or the US that may be a reason why you can't find it. It's only available in those 3 atm
    Oh Damn, i'm in England, that explains it, thankyou.

@Louise1491 You can get it in England, I've got it on apple and my OH does on android, just need to mess about with the settings a little. You can look online how to do it.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Sitting at my desk today, I have caught 2 - same spot next door - in the bushes ;-)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i read that it was by the people who did ingress. so a lot of the hotspots were portals set up in Ingress. which explains all the bars :wink:
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    So on Saturday I figured out that walking around the outside of the building twice equals about 1000 steps and takes 8-10 minutes... well we just downloaded this game the other night and apparently pokemon love my work. After I collect them, what am I supposed to do with them?
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I think maybe pokemon love people's work because there are a lot of people playing there and using their incense stuff. I caught 6 this morning while I walked the 600 feet from my car to the building. 3 were Evee. Just leveled it up to a Vaporeon. Maybe now I'll stop getting my *kitten* kicked at the gyms so much.
  • JustKen74
    JustKen74 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I tried it today on my morning walk for the first time, caught several Pidgeys, Rattatas, and one Zubat. Made my walk that much more enjoyable.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have been having so much fun with this game. I walked so much this weekend that the bottoms of my feet hurt and I have a crazy bad sunburn. Guess what I am doing at lunch and after work today? Walking some more!!! I'll probably be like super crazy tan by my wedding next month. Which guess what, it is Pokemon themed!
  • megzchica23
    Options
    I think maybe pokemon love people's work because there are a lot of people playing there and using their incense stuff. I caught 6 this morning while I walked the 600 feet from my car to the building. 3 were Evee. Just leveled it up to a Vaporeon. Maybe now I'll stop getting my *kitten* kicked at the gyms so much.

I caught a Ponyta first thing when I used an incense at work today.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    I love the people on their high horse about others playing this game. A GAME is getting people OUTSIDE! *gasp* If you think about it, some type of game will get people outside - soccer, baseball, basketball, etc. - it's what appeals to the individual.
    pikachuhaters.gif

My husband and I are 29. He played Pokemon when he was a kid (and so did his friends). He and his oldest friends are totally geeking out on it. We are all playing it. We all live in different states now and have different lives, but it's funny we have this group chat about the game. It's pretty adorable. haha!

I am pretty active, but my husband is not, however, he was up on his feet all weekend. We walked around town then took a drive to some bigger areas to hang out and see what we could find. We talked and laughed constantly. We saw a ton of other people playing. Everyone had a smile on their face and just enjoying themselves. It's actually stimulating a lot of social activity too.

Nerd out! Enjoy yourselves.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    Tryin to play Pokemon Go in Florida summer got me like
    f55omvg4qld0.jpg

Giiiiirl, preach!!! Walking to air conditioned places were lures are life savers. lol
  • SamanthaLandman
    SamanthaLandman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is so not fair! I am desperately waiting for this to release in South Africa. I cannot wait anymore. I really really am looking forward to this!
  • chiptease
    chiptease Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to catch some more today. I work in the downtown area - POKESTOPS EVERYWHERE!!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Love this game. So much fun. Me and my husband both play. We went down to the river yesterday afternoon since there is 6 pokestops there and there was a ton of people playing. They had lures set on 4 out of the 6 pokestops. It was pretty cool. Then last night we went to the lake and the trail around it had a pokestop at every bench. Great way to hatch eggs and hit the pokestops.
  • chiptease
    chiptease Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »
    I live near Seattle and many of the bars are Pokéstops. Some of them are smart and have set up lures. For us 21+ and that like to drink, it's a pretty savvy move to entice customers to come in, knock back a few drinks while catching Pokémon. XD

There's soo many pub crawl events happening this month due to Pokémon Go. Not only that, businesses want to enlist their places as gyms to encourage traffic/business. Some think this game is a fad, but I think it's leading up to more opportunities than we can imagine atm.
  • megzchica23
    Options
    Love this game. So much fun. Me and my husband both play. We went down to the river yesterday afternoon since there is 6 pokestops there and there was a ton of people playing. They had lures set on 4 out of the 6 pokestops. It was pretty cool. Then last night we went to the lake and the trail around it had a pokestop at every bench. Great way to hatch eggs and hit the pokestops.

Here we have the same setup and they were doing the same exact thing! It was so awesome!
  • megzchica23
    Options
    I love the people on their high horse about others playing this game. A GAME is getting people OUTSIDE! *gasp* If you think about it, some type of game will get people outside - soccer, baseball, basketball, etc. - it's what appeals to the individual.
    pikachuhaters.gif

My husband and I are 29. He played Pokemon when he was a kid (and so did his friends). He and his oldest friends are totally geeking out on it. We are all playing it. We all live in different states now and have different lives, but it's funny we have this group chat about the game. It's pretty adorable. haha!

I am pretty active, but my husband is not, however, he was up on his feet all weekend. We walked around town then took a drive to some bigger areas to hang out and see what we could find. We talked and laughed constantly. We saw a ton of other people playing. Everyone had a smile on their face and just enjoying themselves. It's actually stimulating a lot of social activity too.

Nerd out! Enjoy yourselves.

I use to live in Colorado where I was very active outdoors. I went hiking all the time, walked everywhere or road my bike. I was in awesome shape. Then I moved to Oklahoma and lost my interest to go outside because I get so hot and it was hard to find some place awesome enough to make me want to withstand the heat and bugs that didn't require driving a long time. Since we live in the middle of nowhere everything is a drive. So now we have a reason to make the drive to somewhere to walk and enjoy it and have a distraction from the fact we are being cooked alive. I have a crazy bad sunburn though which sucks but I had a lot of fun.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Eh I should probably read instructions for the game because I have no idea how to do all that stuff LOL.