Apetamin for weight gain

Options

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    @ndj1979 It's interesting that you took my comments about flippant posters personally, as it was not directed at you when I posted it (go back and look if you doubt me). The fact that you thought I was saying it about you...is something you will have to figure out for yourself. Because it was a general observation, which is apparent if you re-read the thread. You are the one who quoted my post and responded to it, though it was not addressed to you. Not unthinkable that I might interpret it in the way that I did. I don't care if you dispute OP's claims. I do not believe in Apetamin or waist trainers. If the OP is attaining her weight gain goal with Apetamin, it is not a harmful supplement. Waist trainers are more concerning. I just believe that comments can be made in a constructive way that is helpful and accurate, and not disparaging or open to interpretation. You are not very careful about how you word things...still...and I did not say YOU were flippant...see how easy it is to be misinterpreted? I am suggesting we all try to be more responsible. Also this is the way you spell Apetamin: Apetamin. Not apetamine or apeatamin.

Edited to add that commenting on whether the OP looks thin or fat or needs to gain weight borders on, and may be violating the rules of the forum. I don't see you or anyone else saying a word about that, which is interesting. Even the moderator who posted earlier hasn't said anything about those posts.

Maybe be less passive aggressive next time so people know who you are talking about. Oops, your bad.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    @ndj1979 It's interesting that you took my comments about flippant posters personally, as it was not directed at you when I posted it (go back and look if you doubt me). The fact that you thought I was saying it about you...is something you will have to figure out for yourself. Because it was a general observation, which is apparent if you re-read the thread. You are the one who quoted my post and responded to it, though it was not addressed to you. Not unthinkable that I might interpret it in the way that I did. I don't care if you dispute OP's claims. I do not believe in Apetamin or waist trainers. If the OP is attaining her weight gain goal with Apetamin, it is not a harmful supplement. Waist trainers are more concerning. I just believe that comments can be made in a constructive way that is helpful and accurate, and not disparaging or open to interpretation. You are not very careful about how you word things...still...and I did not say YOU were flippant...see how easy it is to be misinterpreted? I am suggesting we all try to be more responsible. Also this is the way you spell Apetamin: Apetamin. Not apetamine or apeatamin.

Edited to add that commenting on whether the OP looks thin or fat or needs to gain weight borders on, and may be violating the rules of the forum. I don't see you or anyone else saying a word about that, which is interesting. Even the moderator who posted earlier hasn't said anything about those posts.

so you just did what you accused me of doing...
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    stowns30 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm not sure what the end goal is here? Is it just to be fat? Because that's easy, I did that without even trying! Achieving an aesthetic is a lot harder, whether up or down the scale, I have to do a lot more than just eat less to get the body I want, same works the other way.

Well that's define not true for everyone... It's not easy for lots of people to gain weight. I guess you were fortunate.
    the thing is it IS hard work to get a defined body. its not something thats easy to do. it also has a lot to do with genetics as well.

Exactly ... Which is why some of us have a hard time gaining and some don't.

I only wish I had a hard time gaining weight lol. after I turned 30 is when I started becoming overweight. been thin all my life until that point in time. dont know what happened lol

If only you could pass some on to me.. Lol I'm 34 and I have always been on the small side. I gained weight off n on but maintaining it was extremely hard because my appetite wouldn't be there like it should.

have you ever had blood tests done to rule out any health issues? especially with no appetite?hey if I could take the last 24 lbs and give it to you I would lol. before and even after I had my kids I was 140 lbs. like I said once I hit my 30s I started gaining. Im going to be 42 next month and its been slow going at losing it. but eventually I will start a bulking phase and will need to gain some.
  • Aaagrant
    Aaagrant Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This was quite the interesting read! OP, have you tried Pilates? Personally, I feel like doing Pilates has definitely helped my tummy to appear smaller and more toned, without actually losing any weight.
  • stowns30
    stowns30 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Aaagrant wrote: »
    This was quite the interesting read! OP, have you tried Pilates? Personally, I feel like doing Pilates has definitely helped my tummy to appear smaller and more toned, without actually losing any weight.

Ya know... I actually haven't. What exercises do you recommend for a beginner.
  • stowns30
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not sure what the end goal is here? Is it just to be fat? Because that's easy, I did that without even trying! Achieving an aesthetic is a lot harder, whether up or down the scale, I have to do a lot more than just eat less to get the body I want, same works the other way.

Well that's define not true for everyone... It's not easy for lots of people to gain weight. I guess you were fortunate.
    the thing is it IS hard work to get a defined body. its not something thats easy to do. it also has a lot to do with genetics as well.

I only wish I had a hard time gaining weight lol. after I turned 30 is when I started becoming overweight. been thin all my life until that point in time. dont know what happened lol

If only you could pass some on to me.. Lol I'm 34 and I have always been on the small side. I gained weight off n on but maintaining it was extremely hard because my appetite wouldn't be there like it should.

have you ever had blood tests done to rule out any health issues? especially with no appetite?hey if I could take the last 24 lbs and give it to you I would lol. before and even after I had my kids I was 140 lbs. like I said once I hit my 30s I started gaining. Im going to be 42 next month and its been slow going at losing it. but eventually I will start a bulking phase and will need to gain some.

I have indeed discussed and tested with my doctor. Once again this is my own personal choice. My start weight was deemed to be healthy for my height in the "medical world" ; however I am not comfortable with being this small so I am going to do what makes me happy. I wish it was that easy girl... Lol
  • stowns30
    Options

I guess the edit is partly directed at me. This is a health, fitness and calorie counting forum. I questioned why the OP was gaining weight and what aesthetic they are aiming for because the speed at which they want to gain suggests it is a health issue ie. being underweight. I do not think it insulting or contravening the rules of the forum to state that by the picture posted I do not see a need for such a rapid weight gain, which would largely be fat given the workout schedule detailed and their being female. No mention of "bulking" before a cut or lifting heavy. In the interests of health we say when someone is clearly underweight and it has also been said when someone is clearly in denial about being overweight. I do not see the harm in saying, hey, you look pretty normal to me, what's the hurry and look you're after?

No one said the OP is fat, it was pointed out that the current course they are could result in them becoming so, which is not healthy.

I also feel you often stomp around the forum trying to point out the "mean people" which basically just makes you as much of annoyance. You should be reporting the posts you think violate the sites terms and move on.

However you were pretty much being negative stating that all I'm going to achieve is fat. That by the way is totally fine because I am not a person that gets discouraged by what others think. I do think why you can call out other ppl for stomping around forums YOU FIT JUST AS WELL. You aren't using this vitamin syrup nor at you trying to gain weight... Nor are you commenting to be positive. Makes no sense to me... I wouldn't go into a forum of overweight ppl saying "well you need to work out more " or Why did you allow yourself to get this big" etc...,,, I just wouldn't. You never know what ppl are going through or what they have gone through, so while sometimes words can be taken the wrong way. I'm a pretty strong girl tho so these thing role off of me where to someone else it may be discouraging. Anyway... #carry on now
  • stowns30
    Options
    I'm not going to be fat by the way...
  • stowns30
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Problem is that many posters have no intention of being supportive or constructive, but prefer to be snarky, flippant and know-it-all. I see it every day on MFP threads, and it is disheartening. I don't see the moderators calling people on their negative destructive comments nearly as often as I see posts such as the one above.

I am sorry if you can't handle the truth ...but the truth is you don't need waist trainers and you don't need apeatamin ....that is not being snarky, flippant, etc, that is being honest and truthful.

I responded to this but it seems to have disappeared.

@ndj1979 Did I say that I need waist trainers or Apetamin?

I rest my case.

And it has nothing to do with being able to handle the truth.

i was referring to the OP of this thread and never mentioned your name specifically, so not sure how you could read it that way...

Your response was to my post and the word "you" was used three times. There was no mention of the OP in your post. Perhaps I misinterpreted it, and if so, I apologize. It would be a good idea to be thoughtfully specific in your future posts so misinterpretations are less likely to occur. Which was part of the point I was trying to make. People are frequently careless and thoughtless in what they post. Yours was a good example.

you said that I was being flippant, which I was not, I was being truthful that "you" do not need waist trainers or apetamine...

Just because you don't like the fact that I am disputing OP's claims does not mean that I was being flippant or rude, I was being factual.

The you that I used was not directed at you specifically but was a metaphor for the thread as a whole in that you, me, everyone do not need waist trainer and apetamine as it is a bunch of woo woo ..

Again, not sure why you are having such a hard time comprehending that.

A bunch of woo woo??? Lol I'm confused

First off There are ppl here that take this vitamin syrup and it works for us. What is wrong with that?? Geesh .... I can respect it more if you were being helpful but you come off so nasty bashing everything ppl are saying they've done which worked. You may not like it and that's fine, but this is just what we chose. What your saying is it's a bunch of crap??? I'm guessing and that can't be the case for everyone. I'm okay that ppl do things differently and you should be too. Can we be nice about this? I mean really.... WHAT IS THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD??? Exactly!!! So if you are being positive or atleast respectful why continue to disrespect what we do to gain weight? There's a difference between constructive criticism and just being plain critical. I don't even know why it got to this. This sh** is ridiculous .
  • stowns30
    Options
    Problem is that many posters have no intention of being supportive or constructive, but prefer to be snarky, flippant and know-it-all. I see it every day on MFP threads, and it is disheartening. I don't see the moderators calling people on their negative destructive comments nearly as often as I see posts such as the one above.

I am sorry if you can't handle the truth ...but the truth is you don't need waist trainers and you don't need apeatamin ....that is not being snarky, flippant, etc, that is being honest and truthful.

I responded to this but it seems to have disappeared.

@ndj1979 Did I say that I need waist trainers or Apetamin?

I rest my case.

And it has nothing to do with being able to handle the truth.

i was referring to the OP of this thread and never mentioned your name specifically, so not sure how you could read it that way...

Your response was to my post and the word "you" was used three times. There was no mention of the OP in your post. Perhaps I misinterpreted it, and if so, I apologize. It would be a good idea to be thoughtfully specific in your future posts so misinterpretations are less likely to occur. Which was part of the point I was trying to make. People are frequently careless and thoughtless in what they post. Yours was a good example.

you said that I was being flippant, which I was not, I was being truthful that "you" do not need waist trainers or apetamine...

Just because you don't like the fact that I am disputing OP's claims does not mean that I was being flippant or rude, I was being factual.

The you that I used was not directed at you specifically but was a metaphor for the thread as a whole in that you, me, everyone do not need waist trainer and apetamine as it is a bunch of woo woo ..

Again, not sure why you are having such a hard time comprehending that.

I'd like to see where anyone suggested that ppl need to use what any of us use in this forum. NOT ONCE. Where are seeing this stuff? Lol Not one of us mentioned that anyone needed to take Apetamin or use a waist trainer. AND THATS THE FACTS. Lol
  • stowns30
    Options

You can keep saying this but the method and speed you are using to gain is only going to result in that. That's not me being negative, it's being honest and factual. You could be more receptive to suggestions that will help you achieve the aesthetic you want but you won't say what that is and are insistent you know what you're doing despite demonstrating otherwise.

And being supportive doesn't always mean cheerleading. It's also presenting facts and trying to help you achieve your goals rather than doing something with less than desirable results. Unhappy with the fat gained on your tummy now? I'm afraid that is only going to get worse but you don't want to hear it.

And yes, when someone posts they're not losing, I and many many others, give reasons as to why that may be happening. Because stroking someone's hair and telling them it will all be okay isn't helpful or supportive in that situation.

I am still overweight, I was fat, I was skinny, I was a gymnast, I was an overweight dance student but I am open and receptive to the experience and expertise of others with different knowledge bases than me on forums such as this. It's how to get the most from using them.

Sorry sweety I will not... You and I are two different ppl and like I stated before I WILL SHOW U BETTER THAN I CAN TELL U. You cannot compare what your body does to mine. STAY TUNED!
  • stowns30
    Options

You can keep saying this but the method and speed you are using to gain is only going to result in that. That's not me being negative, it's being honest and factual. You could be more receptive to suggestions that will help you achieve the aesthetic you want but you won't say what that is and are insistent you know what you're doing despite demonstrating otherwise.

And being supportive doesn't always mean cheerleading. It's also presenting facts and trying to help you achieve your goals rather than doing something with less than desirable results. Unhappy with the fat gained on your tummy now? I'm afraid that is only going to get worse but you don't want to hear it.

And yes, when someone posts they're not losing, I and many many others, give reasons as to why that may be happening. Because stroking someone's hair and telling them it will all be okay isn't helpful or supportive in that situation.

I am still overweight, I was fat, I was skinny, I was a gymnast, I was an overweight dance student but I am open and receptive to the experience and expertise of others with different knowledge bases than me on forums such as this. It's how to get the most from using them.

Sorry sweety I will not... You and I are two different ppl and like I stated before I WILL SHOW U BETTER THAN I CAN TELL U. You cannot compare what your body does to mine. STAY TUNED!

And yes I'd have no problem if u weren't telling me what's going to happen as if you can predict that. You already stated you're situation and it sure doesn't seem like we are nothing but the opposite. You can't compare our challenges at all, I can't even relate to you. So what's your point exactly??? Maybe you should look into some other regimens to help you lose weight since that's not working for you. This is working for me to gain so I'm going to continue this. I appreciate your honesty as you should mine.
  • stowns30
    Options
    Look waist trainer came up and everyone goes ballistic lol lol... Someone mentioned it helped out with them .... And all hell breaks loose . I HAVE NEVER USED IT. I did however purchase one to review for myself. Somethings I like to try and experience on my own. Kind of a don't knock it til u try it type person as far as purchasing products. What I will say is that this darn thing isn't very comfortable by far.. Lol I only had it for a week and I'm ready to get rid of it. I'll give it a month to get use to IF I CAN .
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

And yes I'd have no problem if u weren't telling me what's going to happen as if you can predict that. You already stated you're situation and it sure doesn't seem like we are nothing but the opposite. You can't compare our challenges at all, I can't even relate to you. So what's your point exactly??? Maybe you should look into some other regimens to help you lose weight since that's not working for you. This is working for me to gain so I'm going to continue this. I appreciate your honesty as you should mine.

I'm losing weight just fine, did you miss the bit where I said I lost 47lbs so far? And still losing? And doing it in a manner where the aesthetic I want is achievable because science? I have a plan, based on science and the execution is going exactly as planned.

The point I am trying to make, as others have, is that you can't fight your genetics. Where you are gaining weight now is where you will continue to gain weight. Because science and genetics. You are just going for gaining as fast as possible. That means a pretty much 100% fat gain because you are not lifting heavy and are female. Again, science. Not my opinion, science.

But I look forward to you proving me wrong. Please, enlighten me and educate me. How are you going to stop science and your genetic predispositions dead in their tracks to stop gaining in your tummy?
  • stowns30
    Options

I'm losing weight just fine, did you miss the bit where I said I lost 47lbs so far? And still losing? And doing it in a manner where the aesthetic I want is achievable because science? I have a plan, based on science and the execution is going exactly as planned.

The point I am trying to make, as others have, is that you can't fight your genetics. Where you are gaining weight now is where you will continue to gain weight. Because science and genetics. You are just going for gaining as fast as possible. That means a pretty much 100% fat gain because you are not lifting heavy and are female. Again, science. Not my opinion, science.

But I look forward to you proving me wrong. Please, enlighten me and educate me. How are you going to stop science and your genetic predispositions dead in their tracks to stop gaining in your tummy?

GOOD JOB.. DO THAT!
  • stowns30
    Options
    JaneSnowe wrote: »
    @VintageFeline You're coming from a good place and have reason on your side, but OP is looking for cheerleaders only. No one can say you didn't try, at least. ;)

Nice!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

I have indeed discussed and tested with my doctor. Once again this is my own personal choice. My start weight was deemed to be healthy for my height in the "medical world" ; however I am not comfortable with being this small so I am going to do what makes me happy. I wish it was that easy girl... Lol

ok well I am glad that there is no health issues. if you feel you are too small then by all means gain some weight. its your choice.its all about how you feel, and if you feel healthier and better looking with a little more weight then I dont see there being a problem. good luck on your journey and of course an update in a few months would be great too.