July (2016) Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    @greenolivetree That's my aim, to help other people feel better. My ultimate goal is to maintain my current long distance pace for as long as I can, that way, when I'm 75, I'll finally be able to BQ using my current distance pace...Assuming I ever actually run a Marathon.

This just made me laugh! Awesome plan. I'm right there with you......

@Elise4270 I noticed the member thing too. Maybe @Stoshew71 will send us prizes for participating in his thread????

Hey, consider yourself lucky if I happen to hit Like or Awesome on your comment. LOL

Bahaha!
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    7/1: Rest/moving day
    7/2: 8 miles
    7/3: 3 miles
    7/4: 5.8 miles
    7/5: 8 miles
    7/6: 5 miles
    7/7: 5.2 miles (am)
    ......: 6.4 miles (pm)
    7/8: Rest day
    7/9: 5.8 miles (Belmar 5 miler: 37:42)
    7/10: 14.9 miles
    7/11: 3 miles with Monday coffee crew
    7/12: 5.7 miles (includes 5k XC race)
    7/13: 8 miles

I didn't run this morning, as I woke up with a headache at midnight and then reset my alarm for 7 am. I went out tonight after some afternoon rainstorms; it wasn't too hot but it was mighty humid. And conditions are likely to be the same when I go back out at 6 am tomorrow... oh summer! Took it nice and easy and caught up with some buddies about halfway and had some company for the second half :) Two more runs tomorrow and then the glorious Rest Day Friday will arrive, hallelujah!

exercise.png

Upcoming Races:
    9/11: Lehigh Valley Via Marathon (Allentown, PA)
    11/20: Philadelphia Marathon (Philly, PA)
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    8--- 1.0 walk
    9---0.52 walk, +1.01 walk
    10---1.57 walk
    13---0.5 walk

Upcoming races:

11/05/16 Jenks Half Jenks OK
    12/11/16 BMW Dallas Marathon, Half
    Run the year 2016  898.42/ 2016

Hopeful races:
    March 19th 2017 RNR Half Dallas, TX
    March 26th 2017 A2A 5k Ardmore, OK
    April 30th 2017 OKC Memorial Marathon, Half.
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Brans34 wrote: »
    7/1 - 4.81 miles

7/2 - 2.58 miles

Running total: 7.39

7/3 - 4.1 miles
    Running total: 11.49 miles

7/4 - walking around with family, but not counting it.
    7/5 - 3.16 miles
    Monthly total: 14.65

7/6 - 0
    7/7 - 3.11 miles
    Monthly total: 17.76 miles

I'm rather proud of myself so far. I thought I was going to have to really, REALLY push myself to get to 40 miles, but I'm almost half way there already!

7/8 - 0 miles
    7/9 - 3.16 miles

Monthly total: 20.92 miles

7/10 - 0
    7/11 - 3.31 miles

Monthly total: 24.23 miles

7/12 - 3.64 miles

Monthly total: 27.87 miles

7/13 - 3.34

Monthly total: 31.21
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    It was wring-me-out humid and my knees felt like beavers were gnawing on them, but I pushed through my "not so long" long run of 6.75 miles today. Tomorrow is chemo with my friend, so a rest day.

As I approach the anniversary of my first race in a couple of weeks, I'm feeling a little discouraged about how life seems to have conspired in the past 5 months to leave me where I was last year--I weigh the same, I'm just as slow, and I'm not even certain that I could do any better on that same race. It's frustrating that with all I've accomplished I seem to be standing still. :(

exercise.png
  • djspacecaptain
    djspacecaptain Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    7/13: 9 miles (5 mile jog, 1 walk, 3 high incline)

Monthly total: 80.75/100 miles
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,395 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Off topic here. Anyone notice the "member" designation? I assumed it was who joined the running challenge group, but I see it in the forums and threads.

MFP giving status? I was on real self for a while and you got status based on how helpful you were. They even sent out nice little gift boxes. Hint MFP, I need running gear..
    Well MFP is owned by UnderArmour and they do give aways on other forums like Facebook, for their challenges on MapMyRun so why not here?

Have to chime in on @JessicaMcB's post about the creepy guys... I am umm, older, older than most all of you and I never expect to get harassed. We had a group of guys, of all ages working on our trail after a storm and when I ran by on multiple days they all stopped what they were doing and started whistling, making rude comments in Spanish and just being crude. I think they were pretty surprised when I stopped and went back and told them "1) I could be your mother, would you treat her this way or want anyone to? 2) I could be your sister, would you treat her this way or want anyone to? 3) I could be your wife, would you treat her this way or want anyone to? and I am pretty sure I am in better shape than any of them and you too..." I wish I could have had a picture of the shock on their faces. They did not bother me again - if they had I was going to report them to the city since they were city contractors... I can't believe guys continue to think that kind of behavior is acceptable.

@JessicaMcB - Good for you!
    @skippygirlsmom - pretty sure they mixed up our orders and you got the one I ordered plus yours :)

No run for me today, scheduled rest day and super busy at work.

• 5512bf
    5512bf Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    @AdrianChr92

There is no such thing as too many pairs of running shoes.
  • zmcgrandles
    zmcgrandles Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    07/05 3.1 miles
    07/06 4 miles
    07/12 6.5 miles longest run since the end of May felt rather good at the end and kept up a reasonable speed for me.
    07/13 3.1 miles easy run back from work

exercise.png
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    7/1: Rest/moving day
    7/2: 8 miles
    7/3: 3 miles
    7/4: 5.8 miles
    7/5: 8 miles
    7/6: 5 miles
    7/7: 5.2 miles (am)
    ......: 6.4 miles (pm)
    7/8: Rest day
    7/9: 5.8 miles (Belmar 5 miler: 37:42)
    7/10: 14.9 miles
    7/11: 3 miles with Monday coffee crew
    7/12: 5.7 miles (includes 5k XC race)
    7/13: 8 miles
    7/14: 7 miles
    .......: Group run to be ran tonight!

So glad my tempo buddy was gone this week, there's no way I could have managed to even attempt a fast run this morning! For a whole slew of reasons, this run felt agonizingly long and my legs just felt completely dead. I haven't had a rest day since last Friday whereas I'd normally have taken Tuesday off; I ran last night instead of yesterday morning so my legs were still a bit tired when I got up today; and to start my run at 6 am it was 72F and 100% humidity. I usually try to run my entire run, but today I was generous with the walk breaks. This humidity is really getting me down! And unfortunately, I have a 30 mile weekend coming up and the weather isn't going to improve much. Is it fall yet?

exercise.png

Upcoming Races:
    9/11: Lehigh Valley Via Marathon (Allentown, PA)
    11/20: Philadelphia Marathon (Philly, PA)

• DayLi77
    DayLi77 Posts: 655 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    7/2....2.01 miles walk/run on treadmill
    7/4....2.7 miles walk/run in park
    7/6....2.5 miles walk/ run on treadmill
    7/9....2.7 miles walk/ penguin shuffle run in park
    7/11..2.68 miles walk/ run on Harvard's football field
    7/13..3 miles walk/ run on treadmill

Goal: 35 + 2 for Black Toe Month
    15.59 done, 21.41 to go

Back from our whirlwind soccer camp trip. It was a ton of fun but also exhausting. We did lots and lots of walking which I didn't add to my walk/ run mileage total. I'm really behind in reading all the posts - will try to catch up. In the meantime I'll just say: ya'll are awesome! And here are good wishes for everyone recovering from injuries/ surgery.
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I must be living right - I got my headbands tonight and there were 3 in the box. I only ordered one :smiley:
    Doesn't that mean you have to pass the extras along to @Elise4270 and someone else who's not running this month on the disabled list? I mean - we're doing it with miles, so.... :smiley:
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    So I did a pretty well trafficked 4.6k to the grocery store in the pouring rain and partook of an awesome mint chocolate chip Quest bar. Life is good, *kitten* you truck guys :)
    LOVE THIS!!! You go, grrl!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    7/1- REST
    7/2- REST
    7/3- REST
    7/4- 13.1 RW&B HM 2:15:26
    7/5- REST
    7/6- REST
    7/7- REST
    7/8- REST
    7/9- 5.0
    7/9- 1.0
    7/10- 4.23
    7/11-REST
    7/12- 6.01
    7/13- 4.04
    4/14- 2.01

July Mile goal: 35.48/70
    Actual goal: Run the Red White and Boom HM well, recover well, run the Park Point 5 Mile (7/14,not racing) well and begin training for September Boundary Waters Bank HM.

Today's notes: I REALLY did not want to get up today...I think @WhatMeRunning sent some of his mental block over to me.

Anyway, I got up and put in the 2 miles I was thinking I should do this morning. Goal was to go nice and slow, since I ran pretty fast yesterday, and I have another run tonight.

Well, Mile 1 was 10:01, faster than I wanted to go, but not super fast.

For mile 2, I throttled back for the beginning, but at about 1.35 miles in, my bowels decided to tell me that this was going to be another faster run. I REALLY wanted to go slower, both my brain and my legs said to.....but when the bowels speak, the rest of the body MUST listen. Mile 2 was 9:53.....and even with that, I just BARELY made it back home in time.....

Very glad that today is an easier day with the school kids so I can rest some before running tonight.