Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Parents- HPV vaccine for girls......yes or no?

Options

Replies

• parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    My son received the vaccine in school (gr 9) and my daughter will, as well.
  • minniemoo1972
    minniemoo1972 Posts: 295 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hpv can be found in the mouth......by abstinence do you mean ALL sexually contact or just full intercourse.....a virgin could have had oral and picked up hpv.....technically still a virgin but can infect a partner.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I got it and have had no issues at all.
  • Joannevee2016
    Joannevee2016 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's hard to see 30 years old sick and one girl never being able to have kids she had hoped for.
  • PamelaW41
    PamelaW41 Posts: 287 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Yes, my daughter got it. I want to reduce my daughters risk of everything that I can. If it can be vaccinated against and is offered in our county we get it. I dont want to lose her from anything much less something I could have prevented. My SIL didn't get my nieces vaccinated bc she was worried about infertility. I told my daughter if it caused that, we will buy her donor eggs and hire a surrogate.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The vaccine has been out long enough for us to start evaluating results. The reduction in cervical abnormalities is significant.

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-hpv-vaccination-reduces-abnormal-pap-tests-2016-7
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Yes for daughters and sons.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I don't mean to start anything...(I did not read the thread)...but is it too much to suggest abstinence? Worked for many - without the vaccines.

Having lots of partners is bad period. Finding a steady, non-sleazy/non-cheating partner when ready for something serious and sticking with him - that sounds like a nice option without complications. No?

Or has this become the domain of fairy-tales in our world? ...

Yeah, cause spouses never cheat......

They do or they don't. People enjoy sex or they don't. I think it's silly taking moralistic positions on things that are so common as just satisfying sex when the drive is what it is. I'm not here to check behind my kids every day when they get to a certain age. I'd rather know they are safer than they would be without the vaccine
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to start anything...(I did not read the thread)...but is it too much to suggest abstinence? Worked for many - without the vaccines.

Having lots of partners is bad period. Finding a steady, non-sleazy/non-cheating partner when ready for something serious and sticking with him - that sounds like a nice option without complications. No?

They do or they don't. People enjoy sex or they don't. I think it's silly taking moralistic positions on things that are so common as just satisfying sex when the drive is what it is. I'm not here to check behind my kids every day when they get to a certain age. I'd rather know they are safer than they would be without the vaccine

Exactly, which is why I quoted who I quoted before I made my sarcastic response. I don't think suggesting abstinence in place of the vaccine is a good idea such as the person I quoted did.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

Exactly, which is why I quoted who I quoted before I made my sarcastic response. I don't think suggesting abstinence in place of the vaccine is a good idea such as the person I quoted did.

To avoid a sarcasm inception, I got that and was agreeing
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I was too old to receive the HPV vaccine when it was introduced for girls in the UK. I would've happily had it. I view it no differently to vaccines for meningitis, hepatitis, TB and all the other immunisations the NHS provides. It's just another layer of protection alongside regular smear tests and sexual health screenings.