jm216 Posts: 3,770 Member
    Options
    I wrestled with donut holes... And they won.... :/
    Tomorrow is a new day.

Jill
  • jm216
    Options
    Down a pound today.... I'm not recommending the donut diet.....but wouldn't that be awesome if it was a diet?

Jill
  • Jeyradan
    Jeyradan Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Well... back from my business trip and six pounds heavier than I was a week ago. Six! So that's pretty awful. Where's that wagon when I need it?

Mini-goals for this coming week:
    - Eat at a net deficit of 500 calories every day except Saturday.
    - Eat at a net deficit on Saturday.
    - Minimum of 30 minutes' exercise every day.

Larger goal:
    - Lose those six pounds (and ideally two additional ones) by August 23. This is easier said than done, because I've been on a plateau in this weight range for months now. I just can't seem to shake it.

We'll see how things go this week. Hopefully you guys all had better results!
  • jm216
    Options
    Welcome back Jeyradan!

We're on a mini stay-cation at home.... Having fun, started playing Pokemon Go...but eating too much...:(

Time to collect Pokemon, and not extra calories!!
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone!

2 years ago I lost 55lbs and gained it all back, plus some. Recently I lost 31lbs and regained 9... getting back on it today!
  • jm216
    Options
    Good job everyone!

2 years ago I lost 55lbs and gained it all back, plus some. Recently I lost 31lbs and regained 9... getting back on it today!

Welcome back! We're glad to have you here!!
  • Jeyradan
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    Welcome back Jeyradan!
    We're on a mini stay-cation at home.... Having fun, started playing Pokemon Go...but eating too much...:(
    Time to collect Pokemon, and not extra calories!!

Thank you! I've heard Pokemon Go is great for getting people up and moving. I hope it helps!
    Good job everyone!

Well done on all the losses! And it's great that you've caught yourself early... you'll lose those nine pounds in no time!
  • jm216
    Options
    No planning=overeating. This is my biggest issue on vacations and weekends. I just need to strategize my foods better. Happy Saturday!

Jill
  • jm216
    Options
    dak7r0d2d3pd.jpeg

My walking buddy! <3
  • JZygmunt72
    JZygmunt72 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    in highschool i would say I had an eating disorder, where as the therapist said i was on the edge of actully having one. my lowest weight was 160. i went to college, i guess I got better, and by the end of school i weighed 210. my highest weight ever. im down to 196 i think, 198 probably, im too scared to check cause ive been off the wagon, and its hard getting on. I want to be happy i guess, but do it the healthy way
  • jm216
    Options
    JZygmunt72 wrote: »
    in highschool i would say I had an eating disorder, where as the therapist said i was on the edge of actully having one. my lowest weight was 160. i went to college, i guess I got better, and by the end of school i weighed 210. my highest weight ever. im down to 196 i think, 198 probably, im too scared to check cause ive been off the wagon, and its hard getting on. I want to be happy i guess, but do it the healthy way

Welcome! We're all about helping and supporting each other. :)
  • gpsepulveda
    gpsepulveda Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy I found this discussion!
    I'm jumping back on the wagon tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting back to my normal self yet a little nervous too.
  • jm216
    Options
    I'm so happy I found this discussion!
    I'm jumping back on the wagon tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting back to my normal self yet a little nervous too.

I'm fully back on the wagon today too...logging what I eat, walking consistently....to become a healthier stronger person. :) We can do it! Happy Monday!!!

Jill
  • Jeyradan
    Options
    Hurrah for wagon-hopping! I'm committed as well, and for the past few days I've done a good job of sticking to my mini-goals (over 500 calories of deficit each day; in deficit Saturday despite lunch out).

BUT.

My company are doing a surprise outing tomorrow, and I've just found out that it's to a chocolate factory, followed by afternoon tea. Ordinarily, I'd just declare this an "event day" out of my control (whyyy are there so many of those), but I've only just come back from a week-long business trip with piles of food and a very unwelcome amount of weight gain.

What can I do? How can I avoid all the calories and fat and sugar? I've already requested non-dairy/low-sugar for the afternoon tea (although no confirmation yet on whether or not they can do that), but that's literally impossible at a chocolate factory with all my colleagues.

Any advice?
  • tech_kitten
    tech_kitten Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Jeyradan wrote: »
    Hurrah for wagon-hopping! I'm committed as well, and for the past few days I've done a good job of sticking to my mini-goals (over 500 calories of deficit each day; in deficit Saturday despite lunch out).

BUT.

My company are doing a surprise outing tomorrow, and I've just found out that it's to a chocolate factory, followed by afternoon tea. Ordinarily, I'd just declare this an "event day" out of my control (whyyy are there so many of those), but I've only just come back from a week-long business trip with piles of food and a very unwelcome amount of weight gain.

What can I do? How can I avoid all the calories and fat and sugar? I've already requested non-dairy/low-sugar for the afternoon tea (although no confirmation yet on whether or not they can do that), but that's literally impossible at a chocolate factory with all my colleagues.

Any advice?

You can either decide to not eat what they provide that is against your dietary plan (maybe bring your own food?), or you can log everything you do eat while there and move on.
  • Jeyradan
    edited July 2016
    Options
    You can either decide to not eat what they provide that is against your dietary plan (maybe bring your own food?), or you can log everything you do eat while there and move on.

Oh, I know. I was more wondering what tips and tricks people had for resisting temptation, or if people who've been to such things in the past (I haven't, but I know people like @louisepaul16 have) could suggest a) lower-calorie options that might be available or b) ways of avoiding doing too much sampling without seeming standoffish or non-team-building-oriented to my colleagues. Unfortunately, I can't bring my own food, but I'd like to do what I can to minimize.
  • jm216
    Options
    I like counting it as an event day....with a light breakfast and light dinner. Drink lots of water and call it a day.
  • Jeyradan
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    I like counting it as an event day....with a light breakfast and light dinner. Drink lots of water and call it a day.

Good advice! The afternoon tea caterers said they would leave the butter off my sandwiches and replace some of the cakes with fruit, so that was lovely of them (and they'll have a milk alternative for me, too, but that's unrelated to calories). Hopefully between that, dark chocolate, and a healthy dose of self-restraint... if I can find it... I can keep the day reasonable!
  • jm216
    Options
    Enjoy yourself today, Jey! We're proud of you for thinking things through in advance.

Jill