Back on the Wagon!

Options

Replies

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,807 Member
    Options
    Today it says I've logged for 50 days. I call this a mini milestone. I've not been perfect... And this is hard for me being an "all or nothing" person. But, I'm working on being perfectly imperfect.

Jill
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I've been lurking here for the past couple of weeks. Very inspiring. Just when I needed it. Thank you.
  • Jeyradan
    Jeyradan Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    Enjoy yourself today, Jey! We're proud of you for thinking things through in advance.

Thank you for being so kind! The caterers actually kind of messed up the afternoon tea so I didn't get the dietary adjustments I was promised, but I didn't eat any chocolate (other than the scrapings out of the bowl, which I logged as "one truffle"), had hardly anything else to eat, and went on a two-hour walk tonight, so while I certainly didn't make my 500-calorie deficit goal today, I'm at least a little bit under! Tomorrow's a new day.
    Today it says I've logged for 50 days. I call this a mini milestone. I've not been perfect... And this is hard for me being an "all or nothing" person. But, I'm working on being perfectly imperfect.

Fifty days is a long time and a nice round number! Congratulations! Not long now until you'll be in triple digits.
  • jm216
    Options
    I've been lurking here for the past couple of weeks. Very inspiring. Just when I needed it. Thank you.

This is good lurking! :D

Jill
  • jm216
    Options
    Jeyradan wrote: »
    Enjoy yourself today, Jey! We're proud of you for thinking things through in advance.

Thank you for being so kind! The caterers actually kind of messed up the afternoon tea so I didn't get the dietary adjustments I was promised, but I didn't eat any chocolate (other than the scrapings out of the bowl, which I logged as "one truffle"), had hardly anything else to eat, and went on a two-hour walk tonight, so while I certainly didn't make my 500-calorie deficit goal today, I'm at least a little bit under! Tomorrow's a new day.

Fifty days is a long time and a nice round number! Congratulations! Not long now until you'll be in triple digits.

Way to go Jey! Mind over matter... So proud!
  • Ennaelangels
    Ennaelangels Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Ooh, more wagon-hoppers! I'm not looking forward to losing another 8kg, but I feel so much better when the weight is off.. so here I am again. Great to see there is so much support.

And Jeyradan, you sound so strong resisting all that chocolate!
  • Jeyradan
    Jeyradan Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Way to go Jey! Mind over matter... So proud!

Hilariously, the owners of our company surprised us with a catered lunch today. Surprise meaning I wasn't able to plan in advance or check the calorie counts of anything.

Suffice it to say, I'm going to our local rink's discount ice skating session tonight to burn off yet another treat. Fortunately, this should - should - be the last one...

I admire all of you guys so much. You all seem so put together and make so much progress on your goals and have so many great accomplishments to post. Congratulations to all of you!
  • jm216
    Options
    Ooh, more wagon-hoppers! I'm not looking forward to losing another 8kg, but I feel so much better when the weight is off.. so here I am again. Great to see there is so much support.

Welcome! Together it's way more fun.

Okay... I look forward to cutting the grass tonight... Weird, right? I see it as steps and also a chance to hatch my Pokemon Go egg... :D

Jill
  • wenkell22
    wenkell22 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Such a great thread! I'm getting back on the wagon…tonight! Not even gonna wait until tomorrow! :-)
  • jm216
    Options
    wenkell22 wrote: »
    Such a great thread! I'm getting back on the wagon…tonight! Not even gonna wait until tomorrow! :-)

Love the attitude!
    I jumped fully back on yesterday...and it felt great. Sometimes I try to see how much I can get away with being half on the wagon...and that's when the roller coaster ride is crazy...it's time to fully commit to feel better and have more energy!

Jill
  • MeganMcK11
    MeganMcK11 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Just came across this thread... Love it!

This has been my cycle of losing gaining over the last 9 years:
    Lost 60
    Gained 20
    Lost 15
    Gained and gained until I hit what I thought was rock bottom
    Would lose 5 or 10 lbs here then promptly give up and put those back on plus 10-15 more to where I ended up at my high weight of 240.
    This time around has been different though. I've been logging for 60+ days and have been active and watching what I eat for about a month before that. I've lost 30 lbs in the last year but almost 20 of it lost in the past 3 months. I've got goals and I've got plans to get there. :)
  • jm216
    Options
    Awesome, Megan!!!
    Welcome <3
    We love your determination. B)
  • jm216
    Options
    Day 2 of really being back on the wagon... Feels so much better to be fully committed.
  • jm216
    Options
    Happy Friday! This is today's theme song:
    <3 Jill

https://youtu.be/ru0K8uYEZWw
  • louisepaul16
    louisepaul16 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Great to see this thread is still going!! :D this whole not being able to weigh myself is killing me!! I'm quite sure I've gained weight, but I don't know how much. Grrrr.... On another note, I'm pretty proud of this from my Fitbit the other day..... yj0csc2syg2k.png
  • louisepaul16
    Options
    And yesterday I did he equivalent of 62 flights of stairs in San Fransisco! Those hills are a killer!!!
  • jm216
    Options
    And yesterday I did he equivalent of 62 flights of stairs in San Fransisco! Those hills are a killer!!!

Way to go, Louise! We've totally missed you, but glad you're walking and climbing....
  • louisepaul16
    Options
    I will be properly back in about 10 days once I get home. It's just too hard to log and weigh myself and food etc when I'm not in control of what goes in it, plus I'm enjoying myself! Haha. Can someone pleeeease tell me Panda Express is the healthiest take out in the world and I'll be happy?! Hahahaha.
  • jm216
    Options
    I will be properly back in about 10 days once I get home. It's just too hard to log and weigh myself and food etc when I'm not in control of what goes in it, plus I'm enjoying myself! Haha. Can someone pleeeease tell me Panda Express is the healthiest take out in the world and I'll be happy?! Hahahaha.

:D Gotta love Panda Express! You're still eating your veggies...and walking a ton...and having fun...so how bad can that be?

Enjoy your Saturday!

Jill
  • louisepaul16
    Options

:D Gotta love Panda Express! You're still eating your veggies...and walking a ton...and having fun...so how bad can that be?

Enjoy your Saturday!

Jill

Hmmmm, well my waistline is saying otherwise haha. Anyway, it will be fine I'm sure. Once im back I'll cut out the sugar again and get back on it!!!