Anyone celibate?

Options

Replies

• JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I've been celibate for some months and am so happy that I'm gonna keep going with it. :)
  • UDONTEVEN
    UDONTEVEN Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Haha.....
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    fitgirldc wrote: »
    Not a chance. DH says sex is part of my "job description". :neutral:

I used it a few times and my wife turned it around and started talking about "wife husbandry." Twist my arm and whatnot
  • fitgirldc
    fitgirldc Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I think I'm a good worker..when he wakes up he tells me that knock out extended my position for another 6 months! LOL! TMI??
  • musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    It has never even crossed my mind
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    There are only three things a guys needs
    1. Food
    2. Sleep
    3. Sex

and he can do all three of those, by himself, in his car/truck. So no. I am not.
  • waynetaylor_co_uk
    waynetaylor_co_uk Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I celibate on every birthday and Christmas!
  • waynetaylor_co_uk
    waynetaylor_co_uk Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    9105ji1gmnn0.jpg
    [/quote]

haha! nooooooo, don't ya hate it when someone beats your joke with a better one!
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    by circumstances, not choice. i'm fine with it though, i don't feel the need to go elsewhere just because my spouse is not able.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    I am casual sex wise, by choice. Relationship wise, not by choice. When you're disabled but don't have a disabled look, there're still people; that'd desire to have sex with you (use you) but not have a relationship with you (deal with your disability, especially if it's debilitating; as mine is).
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Maxematics wrote: »
    I rarely, if ever, post in Chit Chat let alone read it but I saw this and was surprised actually. I'm celibate. Zero interest in sex, relationships, or people in a romantic/sexual sense regardless of gender. I tried to force myself growing up because all of my peers were interested in dating, but I couldn't. I couldn't imagine having to deal with someone else around me and I enjoy being by myself. I have Asperger's though, so I'm guessing this was geared more toward neurotypical folks. ::shrug::

aspie here. sounds like you're asexual. nothing wrong with that. i'm pansexual with little sex drive myself, there's a pretty wide range of ways to be!
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    mykaylis wrote: »
    I rarely, if ever, post in Chit Chat let alone read it but I saw this and was surprised actually. I'm celibate. Zero interest in sex, relationships, or people in a romantic/sexual sense regardless of gender. I tried to force myself growing up because all of my peers were interested in dating, but I couldn't. I couldn't imagine having to deal with someone else around me and I enjoy being by myself. I have Asperger's though, so I'm guessing this was geared more toward neurotypical folks. ::shrug::

aspie here. sounds like you're asexual. nothing wrong with that. i'm pansexual with little sex drive myself, there's a pretty wide range of ways to be!

Hi and thank you! I don't feel like there is anything wrong with it either, but I'm sure you know how most people react to anything they consider out of the norm. I've identified as asexual once I came to the realization as a young adult and I have gotten quite a bit of vitriol for it over the years, especially from the opposite gender. I've only really found myself drawn to one person within the past few years and it wasn't even a sexual thing, it was more of a "this person intrigues me and my insides feel weird being around them. Why is that?" kind of thing.
  • RunRaineyRun
    RunRaineyRun Posts: 301 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    mykaylis wrote: »

Yes I am.
    Not exactly by choice but *shrug* guys just aren't into it I guess, as the person above mentions I also have a low sex drive so it doesn't really bother me that much. Maybe just waiting for the right man.

But if we're not having sex that doesn't mean we aren't still getting an orgasm every now and then. Let's be real.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I read an article about HPV and how like 80% of sexually active men will be infected by it.

I'm not gonna lie, it scared the crap out of me and I've scaled back my booty calls ever since.

Is anyone else worried about that? When I went in for STD screening I asked them about this but they don't told me there is no test for HPV. That is frightening to be in the dark like that about an infection that might be in your body. Thoughts?

• mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,036 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I think they require custom fitting but may be worth it!
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    A few years ago I read an article about HPV and how like 80% of sexually active men will be infected by it.

I'm not gonna lie, it scared the crap out of me and I've scaled back my booty calls ever since.

Is anyone else worried about that? When I went in for STD screening I asked them about this but they don't told me there is no test for HPV. That is frightening to be in the dark like that about an infection that might be in your body. Thoughts?

As far as I know there's an HPV test for women. Last had my womanly physical about 8 months ago but I'm pretty sure they tested that, can't remember.

But if there's one for women there should be for men. o_O
    *Update quick Google search. There really isn't one for men. That's weird*
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything insightful to say. So, obviously if a person is asexual then being celibate makes sense. And if there is some reason to be celibate then definitely do what's healthy for you. But aside from that, in general cases, sex is healthy for you physically in many ways (as long as you don't catch an std as people mentioned), mentally, emotionally. And it's good for your relationship too. Some people are highly sexual people. Just a personality trait (or something). I don't think it makes sense to suppress your sexuality. It's just going to emerge in some other dysfunctional way probably. Celibacy doesn't often work (even for the monks and nuns and stuff). You'd be surprised how many people are having sexual desires and orgasms. As they should. I don't think it's healthy or logical to suppress that.