New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms salad dressing(s). So so tasty.

http://www.bolthouse.com/products/dressings

The avocado cilantro is my jam. LOVE IT.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    hollyvalli wrote: »
    Has anyone tried anything from The Lions Choice? Strawberry Cheesecake, with protein, low carb & low sodium? Sounds pretty awesome.

Whoa those flavors sound pretty awesome from looking at the site.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I just tried the new iced coconut milk caramel mocha macchiato (or whatever it's called) from Starbucks. IMO not worth the calories. It's not bad, but it's not that exciting. Because it's cold, the syrups don't dissolve, so you get weird lumps of syrup sucked up your straw.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »
    has anyone tried these yet? i keep seeing them on IG.

fbivu288tu83.png

I haven't tried them YET, but I just got a free sample mailed to me. They were sending some samples out to the first so many people to request one (found out about it through FREEFLYS), but once it gets here I'll be sure to let you know what I think!
    I just tried the new iced coconut milk caramel mocha macchiato (or whatever it's called) from Starbucks. IMO not worth the calories. It's not bad, but it's not that exciting. Because it's cold, the syrups don't dissolve, so you get weird lumps of syrup sucked up your straw.

That's usually what happens with macchiato drinks; the sauce drizzle sinks to the bottom and you get chunks of sweetness overpowering occasional sips. I loved it. I loved it so much.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Still not in Quest labs here...

And I found the new Artic Zero flavors AND the Halo Top birthday cake flavor... but I'm just not spending $4.75 or $5.75 for a pint for something that just won't be as satisfying as real ice cream. It's just ridiculous.

So I guess I'm just laying off the ice cream for now...

I thought about getting another pint of Halo Top last week, but I got lazy and cheap. At Fred Meyer, they had this:

510-113753-NoSugrAdded_Vnill_300x300.jpg

Way cheaper and the difference was only 20 cals a serving.

It actually isn't that bad and I will probably buy this again.

When I was at Fred Meyer, I also saw this in the freezer:

264AF03C-0230-C50E-9169950F47635613.jpg

190 cals a serving. I thought it was pretty good. Needed some moar pistachio nuts, but there were plenty of rich honey veins running through this. Nom!
  • 5K85
    5K85 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter snacks
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Tried Sam's Choice Cookie Butter Ice Cream on Monday, & it's delicious! A few times I noticed it was a bit icy, but I loved the cookie bits & it had a great cookie butter flavor.
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    Still not in Quest labs here...

And I found the new Artic Zero flavors AND the Halo Top birthday cake flavor... but I'm just not spending $4.75 or $5.75 for a pint for something that just won't be as satisfying as real ice cream. It's just ridiculous.

So I guess I'm just laying off the ice cream for now...

I thought about getting another pint of Halo Top last week, but I got lazy and cheap. At Fred Meyer, they had this:

510-113753-NoSugrAdded_Vnill_300x300.jpg

Way cheaper and the difference was only 20 cals a serving.

It actually isn't that bad and I will probably buy this again.

Was the protein pretty similar for this and Halo Top?
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    No, but I am going to be honest and say I only choose to eat Arctic Zero/Halo Top/Breyer's no sugar added on the basis of calories alone. The fact that AZ and HT have fiber and protein is really a secondary concern, particularly since I go over my protein and fiber macros basically every day anyway.
  • hgycta
    Options
    Of all places I found this at the Dollar Tree today, and well, I had to try it. While I personally wasn't blown away enough by it to repurchase another one (I prefer way more cream cheese frosting), it was actually very good and authentic tasting for 390 calories, which is a lot, but a lot less than a regular Cinnabon. Highly recommend for those craving one of those calorie bombs, it should definitely help ease some of that pain xD

us82ltx7blpx.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »
    has anyone tried these yet? i keep seeing them on IG.

fbivu288tu83.png

I won free box of these and samples so reviews coming soon :smile:

@oocdc2 hahaha why thank you :smiley: I like your posts too. We have a nice group of regulars here.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Found the Choco Chip Oreos at Wal-Mart, & I liked them more than the Blueberry Oreos I bought at the Grocery Outlet. The Blueberry Oreos were alright, but I wasn't a fan of the blueberry icing.

The Choco Chip Oreos still don't taste like cookie dough, but it's at least a closer attempt than the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Oreos. I love how the cookie part actually looks like a chocolate chip cookie.

Still have to say my favorite cookie recently has been the Keebler Birthday Cake flavor (the fudge stripe version).
    I've been waiting to buy more cookies until I was able to eat some of the Keebler birthday cake ones I bought. Cracking into em on Monday. I'll probably pick up the chocolate Oreo thins or choco chip next. I want the blueberry, but don't shop at Target enough.

CrabNebula wrote: »
    264AF03C-0230-C50E-9169950F47635613.jpg

190 cals a serving. I thought it was pretty good. Needed some moar pistachio nuts, but there were plenty of rich honey veins running through this. Nom!
    I loved this so much. Private Selections can be really good! Their chocolate eclair was one of my favorites.
    Sponch!
    I used to eat these as a kid all the time. I have wanted to try some again.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Of all places I found this at the Dollar Tree today, and well, I had to try it. While I personally wasn't blown away enough by it to repurchase another one (I prefer way more cream cheese frosting), it was actually very good and authentic tasting for 390 calories, which is a lot, but a lot less than a regular Cinnabon. Highly recommend for those craving one of those calorie bombs, it should definitely help ease some of that pain xD

us82ltx7blpx.jpg

Did you weigh it? ;) It's always a disappointment when I find a 'lower calorie' option and actually weigh it and realize it's actually more calories than what it says.
  • hgycta
    Options

us82ltx7blpx.jpg

Did you weigh it? ;) It's always a disappointment when I find a 'lower calorie' option and actually weigh it and realize it's actually more calories than what it says.

I usually do weigh my food all the time but unfortunately I didn't get a chance to! It's frozen in a dish so I don't really think I would have been able to too easily anyways :/
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

us82ltx7blpx.jpg

I usually do weigh my food all the time but unfortunately I didn't get a chance to! It's frozen in a dish so I don't really think I would have been able to too easily anyways :/
    Did you have to use the oven?

• hgycta
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

us82ltx7blpx.jpg

Did you have to use the oven?

Nope, just the microwave for less than a minute!
  • hgycta
    Options
    OK I need this ASAP. If anyone beats me please let me know how it is! I just tried their buttermilk pancakes the other day and fell in love, so I really, really want this. I wonder if it'll taste good substituting egg whites for the eggs? Has anyone tried that with instant mixes?

8jbh235rgjdr.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about those too!
  • boolz
    boolz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is new, or just new to me: Jimmy Dean's breakfast fritattas. I make that kind of thing and freeze ahead, but for those times when I get behind, this is a good, quick breakfast.