Replies

• 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Killin' it there @gam3rguy!
  • 60to35
    edited July 2016
    Arms and abs.
    Fully recommitted to LCHF=No more beer :( It causes me to make bad food choices.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    Returned safely from the canoe trip from Bot Scouts. I took 22 people this year for four days on the river. Sleeping on the river bank, no phone, no distractions. Ttip ended Thursday and then we had a 450 mile drive home. 11 hours with stops. I'm still tired and still sore. Weight up significantly due to DOMS.

I hope it is a "good sore"!!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited July 2016
    Woot! Back from my paddleboard race. Got 6 of 8 for females in my board category - unfortunately, they didn't break us out by age groups for this race, else I would have been 3rd. Sigh. But one of the ladies in our group took 2d even with being grouped with the youngsters. Still was one of my better race times - 19 minute miles for 4 miles. And it was my first 4 mile race (usually do 3-3.5 mile races), so that was good to get one under the belt finally (a 4 mile race earlier this year had to be cancelled due to the weather conditions).
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "P90X2 X2 Core"=Done!
  • 60to35
    Chest, abs and a 30 minute TM HIIT run.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Very active group!!! I've been making lots of bad food choices lately. Ugh!!! I haven't dared to get close to the scale. Afraid to see what's it's going to say. I need a nutrition challenge. I can workout no problem but food...I can do great during the week until the afternoon snack then blow it at dinner and weekends!!!!
  • gam3rguy
    "P90X2 Plyocide"=Done!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Leg day-done! Lunch and snacks packed. Goal: stay away from bad choices. Have an awesome Tuesday!!!!
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Rode with my friend for 2 hours then we went to have our second breakfasts lol

An easy 30 mins ride home, a very nice morning!
  • MzKrystle
    MzKrystle Posts: 74 Member
    Hi! Would love to be a part of this group. I'm 41 and I'm cool. :)
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    alf1163 wrote: »
    Very active group!!! I've been making lots of bad food choices lately. Ugh!!! I haven't dared to get close to the scale. Afraid to see what's it's going to say. I need a nutrition challenge. I can workout no problem but food...I can do great during the week until the afternoon snack then blow it at dinner and weekends!!!!

Food IS the challenge. That's what you learn from MFP. You don't have to lift a weight or run a block if you can keep your foods & what you're eating under your calorie goal. Go to lean proteins & fresh fruits & vegetables. Eat small portions every two hours & drink 1/2 your weight in water - in fact, try to drink 1/2 your daily water BEFORE noon.

Give it a try. Good luck!
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Body Pump yesterday. Yoga tonight. :)

I added a protein drink to my day. (vanilla protein powder, 1 tablespoon of cocoa, 1/2 cup of brewed coffee, 1/2 cup of vanilla soymilk and 1/4 cup of crushed ice) YUM!!!!
  • bbordner
    bbordner Posts: 59 Member
    Recumbent exercise bike today, needed the stress relief. Thankfully there wasn't a bucket of ice cream around. I would have jumped into that instead of the gym.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Weird thing, as I get closer to 50 I find I don't think about sex the same. I don't mean my sex drive has dropped, but I find it isn't what dominates a lot of actions in my life. It seems to be more in perspective of where and when it is important. It is very refreshing.
  • 60to35
    @alf1163 know where you're coming from. I have gained weight at times running 50 miles a week!! It's taken me a long time to believe that you can't exercise your way out of a bad diet, especially at 50! Here's to us both making better choices.

Legs today.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    Last of the work on my Crown is done. Gawd....long haul of crap medical stuff. But, it is OVER now! I still won't get to the gym as I am working 10-12- hour days just now....hopefully I can squeeze in workouts on Thursday and though. BOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    "P90X2 X2 Recovery + Mobility"=Done!
  • bbordner
    bbordner Posts: 59 Member
    I turn 41 today and on track for a good loss on my weekly weigh-in day, Friday. I'm a little over 15 pounds down from my SW (190 at 5'9") and can notice the difference in the mirror and am starting to see that I still have some muscle in my arms and legs. Chest and abs are going to be longer term before I can see those, probably not until after I'm well into recomposition. Stupid belly fat. :smiley:

Strength training today with kettle bells. The trick today is going to be not going crazy with the birthday cake.