bbordner Posts: 59 Member
    Thanks!
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Happy Birthday bbordner! :)
  • agbmom556
    body pump today during lunch hour.
    Even though, I enjoyed stretching in yoga class yesterday....My joints are sore this morning. Anyone taking supplements for joints?
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited July 2016
    @agbmom556 I've found that Glucosamine can help with joints, though your mileage may vary.

Also, be sure you are getting enough protein in your diet. I've found much of my chronic pain was due to a protein deficiency, especially as I get older (there are finally now studies saying you need more protein the older you get). For me, augmenting with quality protein powder (smoothies, blended into drinks) had really helped since I just can't eat enough in my normal day.
  • 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Happy birthday @bbordner! Hope it's a great one.

@agbmom556- I take borage oil.

Back and a HIIT run today.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    I may not meet the coolness requirement, but certainly 40&...Is there a high end age limit? :) In my final training weeks for this season's "A" race in late August, so its a bike/run day for me.
  • agbmom556
    Thanks for your input -@b3achy
    I added a morning protein drink to my day this week. I will continue for a month to see if I can feel any relief.

@60to35 -never heard of borage oil. I will look into it. Thank you.
  • jpsgirl96
    jpsgirl96 Posts: 9 Member
    Just looking for a place to hang out and post random thoughts on "the journey" (yes a tiny bit of irony). I'll be (gulp) 60 in 3 weeks and 3 days.
    I'm at Day 50 of tracking today; about 12 pounds down (Thursdays are my weigh in day) since I started tracking and looking for another 19.
    I eat just about everything - in fact, my diary has an unbelievable number of different entries - and from a macro level I tend to keep to RDA protein goals, go a bit over on fat and a bit under on carbs.
    And...I started this because my fasting glucose and A1C numbers are (just) at T2 Diabetes level, and my doctor gave me 90 days to see if I can get them down before she takes out the prescription pad.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "P90X2 X2 Total Body"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "P90X2 X2 Ab Ripper"=Done!
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Rode my bike for 2 hours today!
  • Djproulx
    Trying to stay laser focused on food choices during the final 3 week countdown to race day. Today's training plan calls for a bike ride tonight in warm, humid weather. Sweat happens......
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Hi all, sorry I have been MIA, but between company, B&B guests, work and training, I have very little down time. My training has also suffered as I am so busy at home. Last night around 9:00 p.m. I was washing windows and scrubbing floors. Gotta get that bit in while I can. I hired our son to sand and stain our deck as I just could not fit it in. In two nights, he got the entire deck (24'x36'), stairs and surrounding flower bed, sanded and half the deck stained. Awesome!

Am slowly learning what I can and cannot eat. So far, have not done too bad. Have not ingested anything knowingly that contains gluten. I have not eaten any pasta, bread or sweets in 4 weeks and have not lost a stinkin' pound, despite the running I have been doing. I am waking up feeling hungry, which I very rarely do, yet no movement on the scale. So frustrating!

PT is off sick, so have only had one workout with her this summer. O well, I am too darn busy anyway.

Love the pictures!
    Kudos to all of you for keeping on with your weight and fitness goals!
  • agbmom556
    Rest day.
    Depending on how hot it is outside .....might work on cleaning out my front flower garden. ;)
  • bbordner
    bbordner Posts: 59 Member
    Cardio day today. Kept the resistance a notch above where I had it the other day, feels like I did a million low-weight leg presses, but stuck with it and sweated my butt off (figuratively and maybe a little bit literally :smile: ).
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    @sdereski, good to hear from you! Three things come to mind, not eating enough, eating too much or your body is trying to get used to the change.

@bbordner, happy belated birthday!!!!

Has anyone here tried the Keto Diet? I need something drastic. An intervention...LOL
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Djproulx wrote: »
    I may not meet the coolness requirement, but certainly 40&...Is there a high end age limit? :) In my final training weeks for this season's "A" race in late August, so its a bike/run day for me.

No end age limit :) I'm 52 and haven't gotten kicked out yet...oh wait a minute I created this thread. LOL Welcome!!!

• Djproulx
    alf1163 wrote: »
    Djproulx wrote: »

No end age limit :) I'm 52 and haven't gotten kicked out yet...oh wait a minute I created this thread. LOL Welcome!!!

Thanks. That's a relief. ;)
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Weird thing, as I get closer to 50 I find I don't think about sex the same. I don't mean my sex drive has dropped, but I find it isn't what dominates a lot of actions in my life. It seems to be more in perspective of where and when it is important. It is very refreshing.
    Decline in testosterone levels starts being really noticeable around 50.