Do you get support from your spouse???

Short answer for @projectsix : YES. :D
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Getfitat54 wrote: »
    Do you get support from your spouse???

Yes. My husband has supported me completely through a long illness that resulted in my spending much of my days in bed, sleeping. Now that I'm better and can do more, it's not that I can just tear through the house. doing everything; I can only do about three hours of work right now, but that's better than no work. For example, today, I really cleaned up the dining room and kitchen, then I had to go back to bed for awhile.

He is very supportive.

Regarding what he watches on TV, we have quite differing tastes. Throughout the day, I can be quite satisfied, for example, with Animal Planet, while he rarely watches it. We do both like the building, house decorating shows. Additionally, I like the tiny house shows. He likes sports; they drive me nuts. : ;)
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    nahmm83 wrote: »
    How many of you like to watch what your spouse watches on TV or vice versa? Currently watching Roadkill (automotive adventure, project cars, hot rods).....and I thoroughly enjoy it!

My husband turNed me into a total sci fi nerd. I never watched it before we got married but now I'm obsessed. We watch a lot of Star Trek and Firefly together. My one guilty pleasure that he hates so I only watch while he's out of town is Royal Pains.
  • bugzinc
    bugzinc Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    terakrantz wrote: »
    How many of you like to watch what your spouse watches on TV or vice versa? Currently watching Roadkill (automotive adventure, project cars, hot rods).....and I thoroughly enjoy it!

My husband turNed me into a total sci fi nerd. I never watched it before we got married but now I'm obsessed. We watch a lot of Star Trek and Firefly together. My one guilty pleasure that he hates so I only watch while he's out of town is Royal Pains.
    Have you watched stranger things on Netflix? It's a nod to 80s sci fi. I liked it.

Liked it? Um, you mean you loved it...Cuz' it was kinda awesome.
  • Getfitat54
    Getfitat54 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    We just got done watching Rosemary & Thyme on Netflix.... She wanted to watch it, so I thought... ok... I'll watch this, then I can get the next show we watch. I actually got in to it and enjoyed it.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I watch a lot of DIY, and things like American pickers Antiques road show etc... while the wife binge watches show's geared for her demographic... and we binge watch Netflix together once in a while currently "catching up" with The 100.
  • Getfitat54
    Options
    Ok, who besdies me is ready for Jason Bourne? My son and I are going tomorrow night... AFTER we watch the previous 4 Bourne movies tonight.
  • DarleneReid577
    DarleneReid577 Posts: 4,401 Member
    Options
    I / we love Bourne. And all action movies.
  • Getfitat54
    Options
    I'm going to go ahead and buy our tickets tonight. Oh btw.... my downfall... movie popcorn. Even if I've just eaten dinner and go to a movie... something about the aroma of popcorn... I have to buy some.
  • wrathofpascal
    wrathofpascal Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    terakrantz wrote: »
    Have you watched stranger things on Netflix? It's a nod to 80s sci fi. I liked it.

I love this series! I only just started it at the weekend. The intro track is amazing!!
  • nahmm83
    nahmm83 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    We pretty much take turns watching shows we each like on Netflix. I love Criminal Minds and he watched a couple episodes with me til he fell asleep. In the middle of the night he woke up startled and obviously had a bad dream.....he made it clear this morning, no more Criminal Minds before he goes to bed. Yikes! :#
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    projectsix wrote: »
    I'm trying really hard to want to participate in this thread but all you married people write book-sized posts! Do you guys have time to write such lengthily posts just due to the lack of sex from being married?

Actually, MFP doesn't interfere with my personal life at all. Work life...now that's a whole different tale. I'm a biostatistician, so when I'm not coding and waiting for a report to execute, I'll get on here to kill some time.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options

I usually watch my shows right when I get home from work, as they're usually On Demand. Then when he gets home, we watch what we both enjoy (hunting/fishing/outdoor/alaska shows/mlb)
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    The wife likes her true-crime shows (First 48, etc), and Dr. Drew/Nancy Grace (who I personally can't stand). The shows we watch together are numerous, however: Doctor Who, Alone, Naked & Afraid, Bates Motel, Preacher. She wasn't really a Who fan until Peter Capaldi started, but I've been a Whovian since I was a kid :smile:
  • Lonestar5715
    Lonestar5715 Posts: 466 Member
    Options

I will watch some of what my significant other watches but I can and have lived for long periods without a television. I realized in my early 20's that television can be addictive to me and enables me to procrastinate so I am better off keeping it tightly controlled or abstaining entirely. I totally enjoy attending movies but limit them too because of the cost.
  • nahmm83
    nahmm83 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Exactly @Lonestar5715 , my hubby and I watched TV, had sex, (it put him to sleep and woke me up),I wrote a post on MFP, then he woke me up because had a bad dream and we had sex again. Then again, my posts aren't that lengthy @projectsix, but at least the sex was B)
  • kitkatlp
    kitkatlp Posts: 93 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    One of the challenges we're facing currently is that once the kids are in bed, the missus would watch some TV and I have stopped watching any TV 3 years ago...not consciously though but I just grew bored of it.
    Well, now the gap left in my evening schedule has been replaced by workout sessions at the gym !

But...it's time my wife and I don't spend together...but we've never been very good at spending time just the two of us...(well two months ago we did spend a week in Rome without the kids but that's exceptional).
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    projectsix wrote: »
    I'm trying really hard to want to participate in this thread but all you married people write book-sized posts! Do you guys have time to write such lengthily posts just due to the lack of sex from being married?

Why do the two have to be separate things? Haven't you ever written a lengthy post during sex??? Maybe us married folks can teach you a thing or two. lol really, I'm just kidding.

Ha, love it @Lonestar5715

@projectsix I don't think we're reading the same books if you think these posts are book-sized. My hubby is currently home on holiday (I work from home), so I am probably being more verbose than usual in my attempts to distract myself from him annoying me. I'm not going to apologize because that would be far too Canadian of me.
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    My hubsters believes the TV is his domain. It is frustrating because he is also a snoozer. He chooses the show, then falls asleep in 5 minutes. As soon as I grab the remote to switch to something of my choosing, he wakes up to tell me he's not sleeping.

I have a bit of a Real Housewives addiction, but try to watch it when I'm on my spin bike or taking a lunch break so as not to subject him to it. Otherwise, we love Netflix. Just finished Marcella and before that watched Marseille and Marco Polo.

Looking forward to the new Bourne fo sho!