Where do YOU shop for groceries?

Options

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Wal-Mart is closest and gets 99% of my grocery spending. I got to Albertson's for one rarely purchased item, and I occasionally visit Sprouts and Whole Foods when I'm not able to find what I want at WM.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    sprouts, dollar tree, sams and costco
  • tech_kitten
    tech_kitten Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Tom Thumb mostly.
  • Camish911
    Camish911 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Utah- Walmart and Macys. I said I was going to shop at Natural Grocers so much when they first opened... that hasn't happened. Too pricey.
  • hollyvalli
    hollyvalli Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    SW Las Vegas - Sprouts, Smith's
    Mainly get everything I can from Amazon.
  • tamawamara
    tamawamara Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Price Chopper, Big Y, WalMart ,local co- op , BJ'S , And sometimes Target. I live in Western MA.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Fred Meyer (Kroger). Local butcher shop. Local el mercado. Seasonal farmers' market if I've got money burning a hole in my pocket and a desire to deal with the wad of humanity it inevitably attracts.

Admittedly, after stopping all shopping there in 2001, I started buying my tea (Twinings) and cream at the local Walmart a couple months ago after Freddy finally priced me out on both.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Camish911 wrote: »
    Utah- Walmart and Macys. I said I was going to shop at Natural Grocers so much when they first opened... that hasn't happened. Too pricey.

Heh, I see Utah has a grocery store by that name.

I was thinking, you know, Macy's, the department store, which (here anyway, in the location formerly known as Marshall Field's) has a fine foods section with lots of overpriced stuff, wine, and chocolates, and wondering how expensive Natural Grocers could be to be pricier than Macy's!
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Here in Upstate NY I go to Hannaford for mostly everything. Price Chopper (Market 32) for some things like raspberries and good beer/hard cider selections. Local farm stands/farmers' markets for produce sometimes.
  • MiaisMIAinMiami
    MiaisMIAinMiami Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    tamawamara wrote: »
    Price Chopper, Big Y, WalMart ,local co- op , BJ'S , And sometimes Target. I live in Western MA.

I used to live in Western Mass and I just got so nostalgic seeing Price Chopper and Big Y.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Central Virginia, at Walmart. I'll consider going somewhere else, when everyone stops being turbowhiners about my 1911.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    tamawamara wrote: »

I used to live in Western Mass and I just got so nostalgic seeing Price Chopper and Big Y.

Price Chopper was where we'd go for a grocery run in college.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I buy my food almost every where it's sold in my community but I pick and choose what to buy at each location based on price, selection, availability, cost and convenience.

I live in the SF Bay Area in CA so for me that primarily means Costco, WinCo, Safeway, Raleys, Sprouts, FoodMax, Smart & Final, Trader Joes, Whole Foods, the weekly Farmer's Market and local farm stands.

Food is also available at Walmart and Target but I don't like buying food there because those stores are not convenient to me, the store/parking lots tend to be too crowded and price/availability is not much different than elsewhere.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Currently I shop at Kroger, as it's only a couple miles from home so I can walk there if I want. Though I just found out today that they're building an Aldi much closer to home so I may start shopping there once it opens up [that location's only a mile away].

Eastern TN btw.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I've been going to Aldi's a lot lately. The prices are cheap, and everything that I've tried from them so far has been great. The gluten-free soft baked cookies are just like Enjoy Life's, and about half the price. The produce is always really fresh, and I can get wild-caught sockeye salmon and grassfed ground beef for cheaper than anywhere else. I just wish that they would start getting in organic chicken and humanely-raised bacon. Then, I wouldn't have to go all around town to visit 3-4 different stores to get the meat I want.

I usually stop by Food Lion on my way home from Aldi's for the odds and ends that they didn't have. Mostly just fresh herbs, chewing gum (Aldi's only has the blister-pack-style gum, which I hate), and any specialty produce that I wanted.

Kroger is for special trips only, since I'm never able to leave the store without spending AT LEAST $200.
  • lauhil
    lauhil Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I live in Florida, so I buy my groceries at Publix and Walmart. And sometimes Target. I work at a Publix, so sometimes I do a bit of grocery shopping there before or after work.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Mostly Sprouts Farmer's Market (for vegetables, nuts, seeds, fruit, meats, dairy etc.).
    Smiths/Kroger for anything we can't get at Sprouts.
    TJs for a few special things.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Harris Teeter, Publix, Kroger, Trader Joes and Aldi.