WOMEN ages 50+ FOR JULY 2016

Replies

• summertime19
    summertime19 Posts: 57 Member
    Summertime - My cellulite is horrible too, but it's been like that since I was 20. Even models have it. My ghastly thighs were inherited from my mother. As a child I used to look at hers with horror. Now, after much fitness training, mine are bearable, but I wouldn't take them out in public! :laugh:

Here I am in Hove, just about to go out for the fish and chips. DH is doing the bedtime story. <3 Bea had her injections a couple of days ago and is a little bit restless. I hope she sleeps while we are babysitting. DS and DDIL are going to a nice French restaurant on the seafront tonight. I hope they have a nice time - they are exhausted. :o

Love Heather

Lol... You are so right, mine look just like my mothers also! This is one of the changes, I want to make. At least there is hope, your "fitness training" is cardio and strength training?

Hope your little one feels better soon! <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
  • summertime19
    but I wouldn't take them out in public! :laugh:

Just saw this... yep mine don't get past my own yard and that is rare!
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    LOL! I still wear shorts; don't think anybody can get rid of cellulite except to have it surgically 'sucked' out. She had it bad, even in HS. What gets me are the 'big girls' with the short-short, really, really short shorts, barely covers the fannies. Just because it is made in your size, does not mean you should wear it.
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
  • shelaghcol
    shelaghcol Posts: 165 Member
    :/ I keep losing this thread. Is there a way to find it easily?
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    shelaghcol wrote: »

Click on the star in the top right corner and it will bookmark this page for you. Then when you click on community up at the top you will see the star and click on that and all of your bookmark threads will open.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,940 Member
    edited July 2016
    shelaghcol wrote: »

There is a small star at the top right on the same line as the title of the thread. Click it and it will turn yellow. this bookmarks the thread. If the star doesn't turn yellow, you clicked the wrong one. There is another star that you click to bring up your bookmarked threads. It is a little higher up on the same line with a bunch of other symbols.

Barbie will start a new thread for August late Sunday night. You will need to bookmark it all over again.

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    B)
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,783 Member
    TGIF!! Can you tell I have the weekend off? I am working the long shift today and then off the next 3 days. Monday evening we are having a staff meeting. This will be my first as supervisor.

Yesterday my Aunt passed away. She lived just a couple doors down from my mom. The funeral is Monday and out in Imperial which is 4 hours away. So not planning on going. Just feel sad.

Joyce--I am screaming with you. Hugs!! Sounds like things are getting better.

Marcelyn--Sending healing prayers and hugs.

Becca--We have all done things we are not proud of. I have a list a mile long and I do my best to put it behind me. But there are times I just get over whelmed with thoughts. Best advice I had given to me is. Look forward to what is ahead, not backwards where you have been, most importation live in the here and now. Sending lots of hugs and prayers
    KJL--Congrates on the blueberry. Sending prayers and hugs. My oldest DGDS I call peanut as first ultrasound that what he reminded me of.

Lisa--Love the pictures. What a great keepsake.

Clairblue2--Happy Birthday. I know I will be turning 60 next March and it is unsettling.

Michele--Hugs. Our children can break our hearts in millions of pieces.

Allison--Congrates on standing up for yourself. Make him think twice about things.

Well I am caught up and need to think about getting something done before time to go home. Sunday have a wedding shower for DGD. It's a jewery party. Never heard of that before. They do things so different now. Take care ladies.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE
  • summertime19
    What gets me are the 'big girls' with the short-short, really, really short shorts, barely covers the fannies. Just because it is made in your size, does not mean you should wear it.

Isn't that the truth! I have found a few threads on cellulite here on MFP! :)

BTW I might be being nosy.. say if I am please.... Is there a story behind your screen name?
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Hello, Sensational She's;

Same ol', same ol' round here... working, exercising, staying under calorie goal. No News is good news, I guess. The puffy princess still reigns, but, again, no surprise there... got another week to go. The scale is doing what it does - up and down and up and down - wild variations of anywhere from 1-7 lbs... which is why I pay it no mind. After another week, it will settle down for a couple of weeks and I will get to see where I really am in this process.

As another way to help the whole fitness motif - I have brought my adjustable ankle weights into the office... When things get quiet and most folks have gone home, I put those puppies on my wrists and do arm work while I wait for screens to load, or documents to save... gold star for me.

@22

HUGE hugs for Allie!!! The only way to deal with a bully is to stand up to him. He will either crumble and treat you like the wonderful human being that you are, at least for a few days, or he will ignore the whole thing and pretend it never happened. I hope, very much, that he treats you as you deserve. I am still in complete disbelief that Tom even DARED to say the word "spoiled" to you. I think I would have busted out laughing at that, had I been present... you are so far from "spoiled" that you can't even remember what it looks like. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!! No one deserves it more.

Joyce - I am glad Charlie is looking better... now, take care of YOURSELF for a minute. You can't take care of him if you fall apart... so please, please, please take care of those things that you have been setting aside while he has been your main focus.

Pip - I am in awe... 1200 miles? I don't even like to DRIVE that far... lol. You are my hero.

Becca - stay strong... you are worthy of having a body that you can be proud of...Nothing that happens to you will hurt any more, because you are thin, and perhaps some things will hurt, less... I struggle with this, myself, so I am so hugging you in my mind right now. Your Man has forgiven you... it's time you forgave yourself. Your neighbor sounds like a pistol... enjoy her and know that every time you visit, you make her day brighter.

Mary - I want to be you when I grow up... lol. I am going to watch those Kettlebell videos. My fondest wish is to one day have a waist.

Lenora - I am with you. Cellulite is the least of my worries. If ever I have legs that aren't huge, I will be in shorts, too - cellulite or not.

Mia - I am so glad that you are healing up... we will be looking for pictures, you know...

For you new folks - welcome - you couldn't have found a better group of supportive folks with a larger base of knowledge about many, many things.

I really wish I could spend the time to reply to every one of you fabulous women, but, alas, the pile is not getting any smaller until I get back to work!

Hugs for everybody!

Re in TX
  • ilikegardens
    ilikegardens Posts: 134 Member
    Allie, let me add my kudos to everyone else's!!! Enjoy the cottage if you go (and I hope you do).

Barbie, yeah, working makes getting enough steps in harder. I've been considering your early to bed, early to rise, early to walk strategy. I should probably stop considering and just do it!

Katla, So sorry to hear about the scooter accidents at Monticello. They must have been nerve wracking. I'm always ready to go home, too. Love to travel, love to go home.

Miriam, I'm glad you got a good night's sleep!

Heather and Summertime, I hear you about the cellulite, my legs look like my mother's, too. But they work, and they're strong. I also inherited great abs, so there are compensations. And you're right, working out helps.

Lenora, I liked your story about your son's comments about drawing. Kids... To my son's credit, when I pointed out how his comment about people older than 30 not using the Internet except for email sounded like older people's comments about young people's naiveté, he smiled and said, "I can see that."

NSV: My favorite pair of capris fit better! All my skirts are getting too big in the waist!

KarenE
  • summertime19
    I thought I would introduce myself. I am a 57 year old , married, empty nester. You can call me summer (summertime19) I am here om MFP to get healthy, eat better ( cutting crappie carbs) drink my water and get into working out again. It's been way to long... that I have let me go, I need to make health ~my main focus and priority. I don't like the way I look, feel and the puffy - fluff... has to go!

I hope to learn lots from you gals :) And make my health goals a reality!

summer from hot, humid, soon to cool AZ B)
  • summertime19

Heather and Summertime, I hear you about the cellulite, my legs look like my mother's, too. But they work, and they're strong. I also inherited great abs, so there are compensations. And you're right, working out

Thanks for looking on the brighter side! :)
  • fanncy0626
    edited July 2016
    Stronglift Workout B
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85, 5X5X 95
    OHP- 1 X5X 45/50/55/60, 5X5X 55
    DL- 1X5X 145

Kettlebell Swing
    Russian kettle bell swing-20 X 10 X 30

Walk 1,000 Miles Challenge
    3 miles

I was on the road from 5 AM until 2 PM when I finally returned home. I just finished my workout. Not a lot of time for walking.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • carriels7
    carriels7 Posts: 39 Member
    Hey guys - have been reading a discussion about whether you should eat back your exercise calories and many people said that if you eat too few calories, then it stalls any loss. What do you think? Today, I did a cardio strength class, then did weight training in the gym for 20 minutes, then came home and took dog for a decent walk (not 5 miles, only 1 mile B), then walked around farmers market, and found that this afternoon was starved!!! So decided not to worry too much and ate some mostly heathy snacks.
    Will too low calories stall weight loss?
    Carrie in coastal SC
  • fanncy0626
    edited July 2016
    carriels7 wrote: »
    Hey guys - have been reading a discussion about whether you should eat back your exercise calories and many people said that if you eat too few calories, then it stalls any loss. What do you think? Today, I did a cardio strength class, then did weight training in the gym for 20 minutes, then came home and took dog for a decent walk (not 5 miles, only 1 mile B), then walked around farmers market, and found that this afternoon was starved!!! So decided not to worry too much and ate some mostly heathy snacks.
    Will too low calories stall weight loss?
    Carrie in coastal SC

I heard that MFP expects you to eat one half of your exercise calories along with what it gives you as a goal amount. I think that was from the thread called so you want to nice stomach. Found on motivation and success.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach#latest