New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• ievent
    ievent Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried these? I just ordered a sample pack and am waiting for them to arrive. They come in nine different flavors, are all natural with no added sugar and protein from egg whites. I'm not sure how long they've been around; I only heard of them yesterday. (rxbar.com)

RxBars are awesome! I've tried their Pumpkin Spice, Coffee Chocolate (?), Blueberry, and Maple Sea Salt ones... they have just the right amount of sweetness!

---
    I don't know if anyone had posted about Enlightened Ice Cream, but I found these at Whole Foods, and they are simply amazing!
    i1sz97r2ogan.jpg

• Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    rxbar-chocolate-sea-salt-web.png

Has anyone tried these? I just ordered a sample pack and am waiting for them to arrive. They come in nine different flavors, are all natural with no added sugar and protein from egg whites. I'm not sure how long they've been around; I only heard of them yesterday. (rxbar.com)
    I love RX Bars! They're like high protein Larabars. No added sugar and no funky additives make for an awesome protein bar. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    ievent wrote: »

RxBars are awesome! I've tried their Pumpkin Spice, Coffee Chocolate (?), Blueberry, and Maple Sea Salt ones... they have just the right amount of sweetness!

---
    I don't know if anyone had posted about Enlightened Ice Cream, but I found these at Whole Foods, and they are simply amazing!
    i1sz97r2ogan.jpg

I love those bars but it's hard to stop at one, lol.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    ievent wrote: »

---
    i1sz97r2ogan.jpg

I love those bars but it's hard to stop at one, lol.

Haven't tried the bars but I'm addicted to the pints! Just don't waste your time with the oatmeal cookie or sea salt caramel flavor, those taste weird o:
  • hgycta
    Options
    Can't afford lil buff bakes? Don't worry, the recipe tastes just as good made with instant protein pancake batter! Just made it with Kodiak Cakes peanut butter mix instead of the buff bakes cake mix, SO GOOD! Made it in a bowl then flipped it onto plate and mixed water with Quest's chocolate milkshake protein powder for a glaze. About 350 calories (a little less), so delicious!

zilmo1x2lc4e.jpg

67drlhs27sw9.jpg
  • Francl27
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Can't afford lil buff bakes? Don't worry, the recipe tastes just as good made with instant protein pancake batter! Just made it with Kodiak Cakes peanut butter mix instead of the buff bakes cake mix, SO GOOD! Made it in a bowl then flipped it onto plate and mixed water with Quest's chocolate milkshake protein powder for a glaze. About 350 calories (a little less), so delicious!

zilmo1x2lc4e.jpg

67drlhs27sw9.jpg

Recipe? :)
  • hgycta
    Options

zilmo1x2lc4e.jpg

67drlhs27sw9.jpg

Same exact recipe as you make with Lil Buff Bakes:
    Just add 3 ingredients to make the finished cake:

One egg white (3 tbsp/46g)
    Milk (unsweetened cashew for best results) - I used unsweetened almond milk (30mL or 1/8 cup)
    Unsweetened apple sauce (75g)

Directions:

Mix batter in a tupperware container (I used my biggest bowl) and place in the microwave for 2-3 minutes (I did 2 minutes and 40 seconds) for a delicious (pan)cake that won't get in the way of your fitness goals!

Of course, instead of mixing these ingredients with their cake mix I used the same amount that would be in one pouch (60g) of Kodiak Cakes. Next time I may add some non calorie sweetener packets to sweeten it a little since I don't find Kodiak Cakes all that sweet (except for their chocolate flavor which I love and will probably try next). I'm assuming (can just about promise) it works with any protein pancake mix though, can't wait to use P28 Foods too, as I love their white chocolate chip!
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options

zilmo1x2lc4e.jpg

67drlhs27sw9.jpg

Milk (unsweetened cashew for best results) - I used unsweetened almond milk (30mL or 1/8 cup)

Directions:

Mix batter in a tupperware container (I used my biggest bowl) and place in the microwave for 2-3 minutes (I did 2 minutes and 40 seconds) for a delicious (pan)cake that won't get in the way of your fitness goals!

Of course, instead of mixing these ingredients with their cake mix I used the same amount that would be in one pouch (60g) of Kodiak Cakes. Next time I may add some non calorie sweetener packets to sweeten it a little since I don't find Kodiak Cakes all that sweet (except for their chocolate flavor which I love and will probably try next). I'm assuming (can just about promise) it works with any protein pancake mix though, can't wait to use P28 Foods too, as I love their white chocolate chip!

I'm going to try this, thanks!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

zilmo1x2lc4e.jpg

67drlhs27sw9.jpg

Directions:

Omg this sounds delicious I am going to try it tomorrow thanks for the recipe! I will add some truvia to the mix. I bet it would be good with a drizzle of pb2 made into syrupy consistency on top :smile:
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    ls1oefcehqd7.png

Bought a few more flavors to try. Tried the cinnamon roll tonight. WOW!!!! 11/10, I loved it! I think even more than my beloved quest cinnamon roll. Had a really authentic cinnamon roll flavor with nice drizzle on top. The texture of these bars is amazing, very cinnamon roll like, bet they would be incredible warmed a few seconds. This reminded me of those quaker mini cinnamon roll snack packs they used to have, anyone remember those?

Again, very good, I love the taste and texture. It must be the iso-IMOs flavor that I like. It just has this "umph" to it that quest bars used to have that I crave LOL. I loved the peanut butter but not as much as the others, but again plain peanut butter flavor bars are never my favorite because they are kinda boring. I think I only had 3 of the quest ones in my whole quest obsession :wink: 8/10

b2ek6um5laex.png

13876266_950411158414375_6903375751821081970_n.jpg?oh=cf252d6830ad96592823c2179b16c35b&oe=5825B341

Tried the chocolate flavor of these, loved them! Was like a chocolate rice krispy. Had a nice dark chocolate coating on the bottom which wasn't very sweet, but it was still really good. I am a fan of the dark chocolate flavor. Was great size for only 150 calories. The crisp part tasted like a less sweet rice krispy. These remind me of those old clif kids bars that were chocolate chip crispy bars. I like the chocolate, but I think the caramel one was my favorite. I liked the pretzel chunks in it. 7.5-8/10
  • theamazingcassiebunny
    theamazingcassiebunny Posts: 119 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    [/quote]...Is the price on that protein powder 22 dollars for a two pound container?

[/quote]

One pound. They have them at my local Walmart. Kind of a ripoff, IMO.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Im kinda obsessed with Velveeta easy-mac right now. I usually cant make a box of mac and cheese without overindulging so these help with portion control and also don't taste like plastic.
  • Francl27
    Options
    ...Is the price on that protein powder 22 dollars for a two pound container?

[/quote]

One pound. They have them at my local Walmart. Kind of a ripoff, IMO.[/quote]

Ouch. I spent $25 or something for my 2 pounds containers (on sale at vitamin shoppe or whatnot).
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Directions:

Thank you for this. Tried it out with my own modifications.

53g Kodiak Cakes
    30g Almond unsweetened milk
    69g egg whites
    1 packet stevia
    2:40min in microwave and Kaboom!
    nohkkoibpyc7.jpg
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    ...Is the price on that protein powder 22 dollars for a two pound container?

[/quote]

One pound. They have them at my local Walmart. Kind of a ripoff, IMO.[/quote]:disappointed:

• abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    light-and-fit-greek-crunch-peanut-butter-delight.png
    Pretty good, but a little too sweet for me. It was vanilla yogurt mixed with chocolate and PB chips and some sort of crunchy granola-ish topping, but it would be so much better if it was PB-flavored yogurt with dark chocolate chunks and the granola-ish topping.
    light-and-fit-greek-crunch-smore.png
    Oh my god -amazing. It's sweet, but not sickeningly sweet, and the dark chocolate chunks add the perfect amount of bitterness/indulgence.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »
    Pretty good, but a little too sweet for me. It was vanilla yogurt mixed with chocolate and PB chips and some sort of crunchy granola-ish topping, but it would be so much better if it was PB-flavored yogurt with dark chocolate chunks and the granola-ish topping.
    Oh my god -amazing. It's sweet, but not sickeningly sweet, and the dark chocolate chunks add the perfect amount of bitterness/indulgence.

I love these!
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »

So funny I just bought one tonight haven't tried it yet though
  • hgycta
    Options
    besee_2000 wrote: »

Directions:

Thank you for this. Tried it out with my own modifications.

53g Kodiak Cakes
    30g Almond unsweetened milk
    69g egg whites
    1 packet stevia
    2:40min in microwave and Kaboom!
    nohkkoibpyc7.jpg

Hahaha I'm glad the results seem to be consistent! Have you ever heard of a rice cooker pancake? If not, google it, it looks marvelous (I'll attach a picture too). These are healthier, lazier versions and I am 100% ok with this, we're onto something! ;D

8uuujh09tq70.png
    rp-3.png 246.5K