Major I don't care day

I really over ate today. Already close to 3,000 calories. When I do it, I worry that it will catch up with me. How often do others have I don't care days and over eat?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Less often enough that it evens out.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    While I'm not tracking atm, I know I've had an overly indulgent week.. I call it my "surplus week".. next week I will even it out hopefully!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited August 2016
    I can eat 3000 calories in one sitting easy peasy! Since I joined MFP, I have never done this. I have had some weekends where the eating was not of my normal weekday eating, but it has never not been tracked.

I do not have to worry about it, the scale weight the next few days (the scale will laugh at me) will show a lot of weight gain from eating more sodium, salt, carbs, not hydrating etc.. trust me it will remind me what I did until it evens back out after a few days!
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I can eat 3000 calories in one sitting easy peasy! Since I joined MFP, I have never done this. I have had some weekends where the eating was not of my normal weekday eating, but it has never not been tracked.

I do not have to worry about it, the scale weight the next few days (the scale will laugh at me) will show a lot of weight gain from eating more sodium, salt, carbs, not hydrating etc.. trust me it will remind me what I did until it evens back out after a few days!

But have had 3,000 calorie days since you joined? I haven't eating that much in one sitting before.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited August 2016
    I had a 3000 calorie day this week. Still probably got a 2500 calorie deficit for the week. That's just what I do... I eat less on easier days so I don't have to sweat it when I eat too much (obviously though... I'm not maintaining at the bottom of the healthy BMI either so I don't mind dropping more weight, it just hasn't happened yet).

For me it's just life. Eating my 2200 calories every day would make it impossible to enjoy special days or a special treat. But eating 1800 most days and 2600-3000 occasionally is much more enjoyable.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    i have i dont care days at least once a month (lets be honest though some months its way more than just once)

i need those days where i dont worry about food or logging . I just eat what i feel like and have fun. I have started eating at a slight deficit the rest of the time to help with the i dont give a sht days and that does seem to work
  • missycats2004
    missycats2004 Posts: 16 Member
    Oh crap. Spell check changed my *kitten* to kitten. Lol lol
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Oh crap. Spell check changed my *kitten* to kitten. Lol lol

Nope, it's the MFP filth filter.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,312 Member
    i've lost 8lbs so far, in 2 more weeks i'm planning to eat what i want 1 day/wk. I used to do this years ago when i was 25lbs lighter & didn't gain because of that, i gained cause every day was like that
  • leejoyce31
    Thanks for the responses. I had a major I don't care day yesterday but I still logged. I weighed this morning even with the sodium carbs and stomach content. Was up 2.6 pounds. I ate at a slight deficit today and will try to do so the rest of the week. Hope to level off in the next 7 days.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Its one day, just get back on the horse today and you'll find all will be OK.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    I have a majorly over day on average 4 times per year. Two fo them are christmas. Additionally I have peak days (just over) scheduled in between lowish days about once a month. I track on a weekly basis and the peakdays always even out to my target that way. The huge days cause a bump just under maintenace for the average that week.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    I have I don't care days on a semi-regular basis (probably once a week). If I find that I'm bumping the top of my maintenance range, I go back into a deficit until I'm mid-range again. Oddly, I find the 'don't care' days don't really affect me too much. I've been maintaining for 2 years, and have only once gained enough that it worried me. Most of the time I hover right around the middle of maintenance :) I think you'll be fine as long as you pay attention to the way you are feeling and your clothes are fitting. ONE day once in a while isn't going to affect you much as long as you're being mindful most of the time.
  • leejoyce31
    Thanks again for the encouragement. I try to look at where I am over a 30 day period calorie wise. It seems to even it that way. But I still worry sometimes that I will gain the weight back.
  • leejoyce31
    I meant it seems to even out that way.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    I call them my binge days. I've ate up to 5,000+ calories in a day! It doesn't happen often, though, so after a week or so it balances out again. But I do have those days where my mind is just 'idgaf I'm eating everything.' I've stopped keeping so many easy to grab snacks in the house because of it. I'd rather not ruin my good progress... so if I do have those days again, I try not to go over 3,000 calories...