I swallowed a bug...

Replies

• LoraMartyn
    LoraMartyn Posts: 41 Member
    LoraMartyn wrote: »
    Bug, Generic :D

Could you have eaten a Doughnut and thought it was a bug instead?

Happens to me all the time! :p
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Aw, I hope that bug didn't take you over your calorie goal for the day. If it did, just eat at maintenance. May as well go biking with an open mouth then.
    LoraMartyn wrote: »
    I was out cycling and swallowed a bug. How should I log it?

:#
    OMG I just put in Bug, generic like Hearts_2015 did and if you scroll down it actually lists a bug:

Bug, 1 bug, 6 calories

Hahaha!

There must be bearded dragons. geckos and uros on this site.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Oh, goodness! I was afraid I was going to have to ask this question myself. I'm glad someone else did! It rained last night, and it rarely rains that hard here. The flying bugs were out in droves during my run this morning and I didn't know what kind they were. I not only ate one but I spit out two. Do I need to count the partial calories from the two? I didn't chew them so I don't think I got any of the calories in my mouth....
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Firefly? Those are pretty gooey.
  • cerise_noir
    SueInAz wrote: »
    Oh, goodness! I was afraid I was going to have to ask this question myself. I'm glad someone else did! It rained last night, and it rarely rains that hard here. The flying bugs were out in droves during my run this morning and I didn't know what kind they were. I not only ate one but I spit out two. Do I need to count the partial calories from the two? I didn't chew them so I don't think I got any of the calories in my mouth....

You have to log all bites, tastes and licks, imo.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited August 2016
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    If you didn't chew it, is it possible that the exoskeleton prevented total digestion. Kinda like a fibre thing? Does it count at all? Negative calories from the effort of swallowing... and freaking out a bit?

Next time that you are in the mood for bugs, go for insect flour. Easier to figure out how to log...
    http://www.thailandunique.com/insect-bug-flour-powder
    :+1:
    Cricket Powder Capsules
    locust-powder-capsules1-300x300.jpg

You could probably even break these open and add them to Gatorade or oatmeal or a protein shake.. seems they would be versatile same with the locust powder.

A locust flew into the side of my head last night but he didn't fly in my mouth, or I'd have shared that. Pretty positive I'd have noticed if he did ...because they make a certain sound that one couldn't miss. Wait, was it a locust that flew in your mouth? They are out in droves... they fly.... maybe it was a locust?! They're pretty meaty...that'd be pretty good when you're out riding to finish out the ride with a snack.

Locust Powder Capsules
    cricket-powder-capsules-300x300.jpg
  • cerise_noir
    edited August 2016

I inhaled a soap bubble once...

So, that's what, .25g of fat? OH NO!!!!!
    #mayaswellgiveupforlife
  • Hearts_2015
    edited August 2016

Well, that's all well and good ...but did you log it, that's what we really wanna know!:wink:

and.. um, yea I looked it up in the MFP database and Googled and it appears to have no calorie content...whew! :laugh:
  • cerise_noir

Well, that's all well and good ...but did you log it, that's what we really wanna know!:wink:

and.. um, yea I looked it up in the MFP database and Googled and it appears to have no calorie content...whew! :laugh:

Oh, I can see it now... The soap bubble diet.
    Well, I guess it would keep you regular.
    And farting bubbles will be mainstream.
  • cerise_noir
    Just in case, and because I was so worried about my macro's, and I was afraid to cycle until I got this figured out...I ran 4.35 miles tonight to make calorie room for the bug. I was still scared because I am a mouth breather and it's not pretty, but I think I will be OK.

Thanks for all of your assistance.

We'll see what the scale says in the morning. I hope bugs don't cause a lot of water retention because that would totally *kitten*
    There may be a little water weight since it was surprise calories, but it'll come off in a few days.

Next time, make room for bugs, okay?

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    What about spider webs? Sometimes I walk into spider webs. I might eat a little.
  • Hearts_2015
    What about spider webs? Sometimes I walk into spider webs. I might eat a little.

yea, spider webs usually have trapped bugs in them... you definitely want count those and how do you count them when you've already eaten them. But what about the ones caught in your hair that you almost eat but they end up tangled and don't get eaten.

The life of a bug eater can be complicated. :# This is why I'm not a runner or a bug eater.. tracking bugs and other leggy creatures is WAY too much work for me. Or is there an app for it? It's enough trying to deal with the database as it is. Spiders and bugs have no packaging to fall back on. Oh except the mealworms they do.

I don't bike currently but when I do again I'll have to deal with eating bugs I'll be on the lookout for a bug app to track them. By then there'll be some fitness gadget to pre-measure/weigh what flies or crawls in your mouth so you can keep more accurate track.

Dang..water weight @cerise_noir @Tweaking_Time that hadn't even occurred to me. Hopefully it won't take more than a couple days to drop that. Well, that's really gonna again depend on the type of bug and how much sodium it contains.

Again... you really can't remember if it was a mosquito? Because it's pretty important to know who it bit before you and before them so you can calculate the sugars, sodium etc. in the earlier bites. Sheesh... maybe it's time to give up biking. Or give up logging.. one mess up? Yea definitely just throw the towel in!
  • Hearts_2015
    edited August 2016
    Just in case, and because I was so worried about my macro's, and I was afraid to cycle until I got this figured out...I ran 4.35 miles tonight to make calorie room for the bug. I was still scared because I am a mouth breather and it's not pretty, but I think I will be OK.

Thanks for all of your assistance.

We'll see what the scale says in the morning. I hope bugs don't cause a lot of water retention because that would totally *kitten*

Good idea!! That could of been a huge gain!
  • merryward13
    merryward13 Posts: 1,662 Member
    Aren't bugs like corn, if you don't chew them, they come out the same.