Options

Replies

• briakiss
    Options
    Goal 160
  • lynettep
    lynettep Posts: 157
    Options
    Sounds like great motivation! I have just joined this week. I am 4'11 and need to lose some baby weight plus some. :happy:
    I started last week at 129 and want to get down eventually to 110. Don't know if that can happen....but will give it my all. I have already lost 2 pds this last week. Exercising everyday with personal trainer and doing cardio on my own. Wish me luck.
  • n2dfire
    n2dfire Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    GOOD JOB ALL SORRY IT TOOK SO MUCH TIME GETTING BACK TO YALL IM ON THE AMBULANCE TONIGHT FOR MY VOLUNTEER DEPT THEN I GOT TO GO INTO REGULAR WORK TOMORROW FOR ANOTHER 24 HOURS YEAH ME ANYHOW BEEN RUNNING CALLS TO THE POINT I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO SHOVE A SUBWAY SUB DOWN MY THROAT (A HEALTHY ONE BY THE WAY) BUT GOOD JOB ON POSTING AND WE CAN ONLY MOVE FORWARD FROM HERE:wink: AND ITS NOT WILL WE SUCEED ON LOSING THIS PAIN IN OUR AS* WEIGHT ITS WHEN WE SUCEED SO DONT LET THE MOTIVATION DROP AND PUSH EACH OTHER TALK ABOUT YOUR EXERCISE ROUTINES YOUR EATING HABITS YOUR FAVORITE RECIPIES(THE HEALTHY ONES ONLY HOPEFULLY BECAUSE SOME SOUND SO GOOD:sad: ) BUT WE WILL SUCEED AS A GROUP EVEN IF YOU HIT YOUR GOAL DONT STOP COMING AROUND REMEMBER THERE WILL STILL BE OTHERS STRUGGLING THAT CAN USE YOUR WISDOM ON WHAT WORKS THERE WILL BE TIMES YOU MAY FALL OFF THE WAGON BUT REMEMBER ITS ONLY ONE DAY JUST CLIMB BACK ON AND KEEP TRYING SOONER OR LATER WE WONT BE A TEAM ANYMORE BUT HOPEFULLY A SMALL SPREAD OUT FAMILY REMEMBER IF YOU NEED TO TALK JUST ASK WE WILL LISTEN AND IF YOU WANT TO CALL ME PM ME AND I WILL GIVE YOU MY NUMBER I AM HERE FOR U ALL NO STALKERS PLEASE IVE GOT ENOUGH EX GF THAT DO THAT ALREADY LOL IM IN HIDING:glasses: NEXT WEIGHT IN WILL BE JAN 28 AND EVERY WED AFTER THAT OUR FIRST TEAM CHALLENGE FOR US AND IM COPYING BLACK TEAM NO LOOKING AT THE SCALE TILL WEIGHT IN WED MORNING EAT HEALTHY AND STAY SAFE GOOD LUCK IM GOING TO BED BEFORE WE GET ANOTHER WHINER FOR THE WHAMBULANCE TALK TO YA LATER AND OOOOHHHHH BY THE WAY DONT FORGET TO WELCOME OUR NEWEST MEMBERS WE ARE 16 STRONG NOW!!!!!! PEACE IM OUT:yawn:
  • velvetwing
    Options
    Hi everyone and welcoming all the new ones that joined in today !!
    I just thought I would check in and rant a little. Ive actually done really good the past few days with the food portion of my new 'lifestyle' . Im still within my calorie count. Im not very good with the excercise part though -- Ive been working extra hours. Tonight was date night so we went for a bite. I tried to be good.... chicken cesar wrap ( and 1 1/2 corona lights ) The kids made me drink LOL. Kidding..... sorta. I have two moody teens in the house that love to push buttons.
    Even though we weigh in once a week I hope to hear from everyone from time to time so we can all support eachother so we can all be successful in this journey.... I truely believe it is key to have support and people around you that care.
  • yeahbuddy
    yeahbuddy Posts: 409
    Options
    Oh, man! This is the worst possible challenge for me:noway: I'm addicted to weighing myself and often times will weigh twice a day. To go the next six days is going to make me :explode: So, I'm going to be way stressed all week wondering if this new "program" is working for me. Well, we're all in the same boat with this challenge, so let's keep encouraging each other.

I also want to welcome everyone to this team and wish everyone great success:bigsmile:
  • kellya
    kellya Posts: 208
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!

I am SO excited for this! Looks like we have folks from all corners of the US. I look forward to getting to know you all a little bettter, and the best part is being able to share ups/downs with those going thru the same lifestyle change/challenge!

Velvet ~ you did really well on your 'date nite' ~KUDOS!

n2dfire ~ thanks again for being our Green Team Leader! What a great asset you are to your community/FD. I went to college for Medical Assising, so have worked for Dr's, Oral Surgeon, and hospital lab. It really is a rewarding career. You bring much motivation to this thread! :smile:

yeahbuddy ~ I'm with you on the daily weighing...it is the FIRST thing I do every am. This will be tough for me too. Have asked DH to hide the scale for me. I will just have to be more mindful of eating and exercising.

Well, that's it for now. Hi to the rest of GREEN and have a great day all! Eat healthy, exercise regularly, drink water....WE CAN DO THIS!!
  • n2dfire
    Options
    I KNOW THE SCALE THING IS DIFFICULT THATS WHY ITS CALLED A CHALLENGE THOUGH:wink: FOR FUTURE CHALLENGES IM UP FOR IDEAS BUT I ALSO THINK WE SHOULDNT TRY AND DO MORE THAN ONE A WEEK SO WE DONT OVERWHELM OURSELVES AND THE DANCING THING IM GONNA HAVE TO PASS BECAUSE THE GUYS AT WORK WONT BE TOO HAPPY IF I WERE TO GRAB ONE OF THEM PLUS IF I START SHAKING MY FAT A** I MIGHT BREAK SOMTHING LIKE THE BUILDING:ohwell: :tongue:
  • chimpoco
    chimpoco Posts: 193
    Options
    We are a mean green fitness machine!!! Good Luck!!
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Ohh, very nice to see us up high on this section. I see we are all inviting other newbies, that rocks!:bigsmile:

I too weigh myself daily but only to keep mentally on track, while I know this can backfire - it's better than after every meal as I've done in the past. I have my first official weigh in tommorrow, then I'll make it wednesday for next week.

Good luck and welcome to anyone I might've missed!:drinker:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Hey all, seems I am in trouble.......I cannot shake my bootie or do any sort of excercise that uses my ankle....seems an injury I have been ignoring has Flared up again.......ARGH. Until I can get to a doctor to have this looked at I am stuck on my *kitten*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, any ideas? I have a pilates DVD series I think I am gonna continue with, but after what I have been reading about my injury, I really could cause ALOT OF DAMAGE even just walking............Achilles tendon issues.........been going on for about 6 months, lack of insurance has me pretending it is not happening.

So Green Beans, can you send me your ideas on low impact workouts.....I think I am gonna do situps, stretching (yoga-pilates) some ideas on things that will not stretch or work my calf/tendon.

GO Green
  • lynettep
    Options
    My sister wants to join today. I told her about the GREEN team and she is pumped to join. I worked out over an hour this morning with personal trainer. He kicked my booty!!

Then I went to celebrate my hard work and went out to eat. Shared my chicken pasta dish with my mom. I am learning from this site that every restaurant gives BIG CALORIE PORTIONS. :smile:

It is manageable to eat 1200 to 1500 calories. YOU just have to count! Everyone have a great day.
    Lynette
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    Hey everyone! Well, day one gone without weighing in:smile: Let's just see if I can make it another 5.

Last night I did an hour on the elliptical and a 1/2 hour walking on the treadmill. I ate really good yesterday and am on track for today. This website has really made me become more serious with my weight loss. I'm trying to get under 150 for my birthday on February 10th:flowerforyou:

Thanks in advance to everyone for the support and motivation!
  • sportsmomof2
    Options
    Hey there! I would like to join the green team..hopefully its not to late. We are doing the biggest loser at work and this is week #2. We weigh on Monday mornings. But can I still be added? Ill send the leader a message..and if soo...I look forward to facing this journey with each of you...If not...best of luck to all!
  • velvetwing
    Options
    WoooHoooo one more for the green team !!!
  • lynettep
    Options
    Welcome New Member!! Green Team is growing...........

124430.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • n2dfire
    Options
    good gravy we are definintly growing everytime i pick up my phone ive got a few new emails with people wanting to join im really need some assistance because i dont want to turn anyone down if they want to join anybody wanting to help if your a stay at home mom or dad with computer skills that would be great
  • yeahbuddy
    Options
    Welcome sportsmomof2:bigsmile:
  • smendek910
    Options
    Hello - I would like to join the Green Team. Please tell me what I need to do. Thank you
  • n2dfire
    Options
    here yall go this a trial for posting weights