Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Is Plexus.... a cult or what?

Options

Replies

• zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    @grannynot Fair enough; how about the term "really crappy business model for anyone except those at the top."
  • grannynot
    grannynot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    zamphir66 wrote: »
    @grannynot Fair enough; how about the term "really crappy business model for anyone except those at the top."

LOL!! I'll grant you that!
  • cboes83
    cboes83 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I havent started plexus yet but plan to. I have a friend that sells it and started because of life changing experience she had. She been selling for about 3 years and her results are amazing. She is pregnant with her 3rd child as we speak and is still using plexus doctor recommended. I have friends that use it for their adhd children and has worked so well they got to drop the medicine they were taking for it. My mother who has struggled with constant pain most of her life started plexus and came off her medicine. I have several friends that no longer take insulin due to plexus. I have a hard time believe that this is a scam when I seen amazing results from very close friends of mine. Plexus isn't for weight loss it is for over all health and in process of getting healthy and your body regular it causes weight loss.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, Plexus products have been life changing for my family. My husband suffered from chronic neck pain for 20 years and he is now almost pain free. That is the only change he made. He doesn't need to lose weight and doesn't take it for weight loss. My daughter couldn't tolerate gluten or dairy but after being on the probiotic for several months she can now eat anything the other kids can, and doesn't have daily stomach aches or headaches. I had tried lots of supplements and other brands of probiotics with no results. It's not a miracle cure but they are simply high quality supplements that really do help some people with chronic health issues. I think some people go overboard with promoting it. It's not a pyramid scheme, though. That is illegal.

This statement right here is what worries me. If my body is rejecting a type of food for some reason... I'd rather find out "why", get to the root of the problem vs. putting on a band aid. This is the problem with our entire health care system (in the US), our doctors are not trained to look for the cause they are trained to just treat the symptom! Also... so what happens next? Do you have to take these pills for the rest of your life? Here's a news flash... your daughter can't tolerate dairy because milk is for baby cows, not for human consumption. Do some research. Sorry if I sound harsh... I can't stand it when folks say "I was able to take this (insert product name here), and not change 'anything' about my diet..? Really? Good luck with that.

• BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Sheep!
    I am a LNC (holistic / general / sports), and I was doing an assessment on a woman I know. She's overweight with some underlying medical issues due to the weight and she was looking for a good start and information on a healthy eating plan, etc... But then she found Plexus and started taking that. I haven't heard from her again but every post I see of hers on Facebook is the same... Starting over again... ugh!
  • cboes83
    cboes83 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you feel the need to mock my opinion.I have seen plexus work with in family and friends. So no its not something my friend has pulled over my eyes to get me to buy her product. As I said plexus isn't weight loss it's regulating blood sugars getting you health from in side out.. It's not a diet pill it's more of vitamin supplement and there is actually alot of doctors that are saying it is okay to tske while pregnant. Actually better then prenatal vitamin because with its make up the body absorbs more and it holds more folic acid. I'm sure having done a amazing job at losing weight then you know normal vitamin are a waste of time unless your buying the expensive mineral kind because the body doesn't absorb it very well. Once again I do support plexus and people thinkin that there gonna buy it and lose all this weight in a month your gonna be disappointed because it's not weight loss. It's over all health. I been watching and looking in to this product for 3 years. Working in Healthcare I seen alot of products plans shots come and go claiming weight loss. I seen best results from plexus.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, Plexus products have been life changing for my family. My husband suffered from chronic neck pain for 20 years and he is now almost pain free. That is the only change he made. He doesn't need to lose weight and doesn't take it for weight loss. My daughter couldn't tolerate gluten or dairy but after being on the probiotic for several months she can now eat anything the other kids can, and doesn't have daily stomach aches or headaches. I had tried lots of supplements and other brands of probiotics with no results. It's not a miracle cure but they are simply high quality supplements that really do help some people with chronic health issues. I think some people go overboard with promoting it. It's not a pyramid scheme, though. That is illegal.

This statement right here is what worries me. If my body is rejecting a type of food for some reason... I'd rather find out "why", get to the root of the problem vs. putting on a band aid. This is the problem with our entire health care system (in the US), our doctors are not trained to look for the cause they are trained to just treat the symptom! Also... so what happens next? Do you have to take these pills for the rest of your life? Here's a news flash... your daughter can't tolerate dairy because milk is for baby cows, not for human consumption. Do some research. Sorry if I sound harsh... I can't stand it when folks say "I was able to take this (insert product name here), and not change 'anything' about my diet..? Really? Good luck with that.

lol
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I just had a friend on Facebook "I'm so excited to start my new journey with Plexus..PM me for more information"

Perhaps Unfriend her may happen instead. It's sad to see people duped in this $$$$$$$ Industry (Health & Weightloss)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    look up the ingredients in the plexus products and their side effects. I know all things have side effects but still it says its all natural and safe and yet its not for those who have health issues or take certain meds,
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    cboes83 wrote: »
    I'm sorry you feel the need to mock my opinion.I have seen plexus work with in family and friends. So no its not something my friend has pulled over my eyes to get me to buy her product. As I said plexus isn't weight loss it's regulating blood sugars getting you health from in side out.. It's not a diet pill it's more of vitamin supplement and there is actually alot of doctors that are saying it is okay to tske while pregnant. Actually better then prenatal vitamin because with its make up the body absorbs more and it holds more folic acid. I'm sure having done a amazing job at losing weight then you know normal vitamin are a waste of time unless your buying the expensive mineral kind because the body doesn't absorb it very well. Once again I do support plexus and people thinkin that there gonna buy it and lose all this weight in a month your gonna be disappointed because it's not weight loss. It's over all health. I been watching and looking in to this product for 3 years. Working in Healthcare I seen alot of products plans shots come and go claiming weight loss. I seen best results from plexus.

if its not a diet pill why does it contain garcinia cambogia,green coffee bean extract,and other caffeine derivatives? I mean none of those things work but still.so how does a body absorb these vitamins and minerals better than other products out there? that to me sounds like BS.a lot of the ingredients are not proven yet to be harmful to a fetus so its not known if its safe or not so any dr that says its safe when there are no studies,needs to have his/her license revoked.
  • Tretop76
    Tretop76 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    There is some truth to the way you're thinking that it's a scheme. But I have done some research on the ingredients for products such as Edge and you can go to the health food store or go to Amazon and buy all the supplement ingredients yourself and make your own blend for a 10th of their price. (I did this) So I would say their supplements are legit but they rob you blind to fatten their pockets.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Yeah I would never buy any multi level marketing products ( regardless if it's worded differently, it's still just the same old mlm scams)
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Yeah I would never buy any multi level marketing products ( regardless if it's worded differently, it's still just the same old mlm scams)

A++++++++++++++