NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• peruviansweetie
    peruviansweetie Posts: 66 Member
    Good morning ladies!!
    Just a quick post to say hello. Gotta get ready for a birthday party that starts at 10am!! It's 8:20am and I need to leave by 9:00am to be there on time, but the kids are still sleeping and I want to go back to bed lol lol lol!!!
    Have a great day everyone!! I'll try to do personals later today!!

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning gals: I have lots of errands to run today. It's hot and muggy here, UGH. I am fighting emotional feelings today..so I am really wound up. I hope to use it to get things done..LOL

I am really trying to cut the carbs, I just found out that peanuts are way lower in carbs than the cashews that I have been chowing down on..Live and learn. It's never too late to learn.

slightedge: great job on keeping on your goals. I too have been giving up the breads/wraps, etc.
    Peru: have fun at the birthday party...so glad you stopped by!

Jackie: yep it's the sodium

Dankas: hope all is well, and to see you sometime today!

Karla?

okay gals I have to run my errands...STEPS here we come.

I have to get back to my water intake..so that will be one of my strong goals today.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    peru Have fun at birthday party

cbabie well I ate lots of carbs yesterday but still managed to stay in my range yesterday. I was comparing last week with the week before stats. Protein increased from 58g to 61g. carbs increased too though 126 g to 168g. my fat dropped though which is maybe why I was HUNGRY for two days. So I will have to go back and examine what I was eating.

Has anyone figured out the net calories yet and what they should be? My thinking is that it should be 500 each day since it takes 3500 cals to lose a lb. I know I should move around more during the day. I will start there.

Goals met today
    posted
    carbs on track
  • peruviansweetie
    peruviansweetie Posts: 66 Member
    Hello ladies!!!
    Just a quick hello!! Where is everyone?
    @dankas001 @jackie_van_d @bugmom92 : Where are you ladies???

@cbabie I've been doing bad with the carbs too. Had a gain this week, so I gotta get back on track. I lose 10 lbs and I keep getting stuck there!!
    @theslightedgeforever I have to take a look at the article you sent. I skimmed through it, but I'll read the whole thing later. Gotta find out what this net calorie is.

Have a good night ladies!!!
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Here, crazy weekend, just a small piece of cake for kidlets bday, passed on the junk! So hard to do, I'm proud of myself for doing it
  • theslightedgeforever
    peru when you have time go back and read the article. I found it interesting on how our body works each month. Plus it showed me I'm not really doing enough each week or I would get better results All from looking at one number. according to the article I need to be between 2000-5000 net calories to lose weight I was at 1777 last night. It's a rolling week so you are always looking at the last 7 days so like my protein, I will increase that number.

jackie woohoo on no junk. Your body will thank you. I wanted something sweet and thought about one reeses miniature. I'm lucky in that I won't sit and eat the whole bag. Now Doritos is a different story. But after seeing that stupid 1777 number I said don't need it. lol Had I eaten it that number would have been lower.

Tomorrow I go to dr to get my stitches out yaaaay.

Goals met today
    posted
    carbs on track
    yogurt parfait
  • dankas001
    dankas001 Posts: 209 Member
    Hi everyone sorry been quiet my family from australia n canada all making their way home today been busy catching up with them had lovey time wi 1lb off yay weregoing to china buffet today hopefully make some wise choices.....but doubt it lol ill get out for big walk beforehand hope everyones well check in later kate xxx <3
  • cbabie
    Good Monday Morning:

I did horrible yesterday..I got overheated and decided ice cream and it just went from there to orange slices..to scoop of REAL PB...so back on track today.

slightedge, I will have to be like Peru and read that article more closely. I have been stuck at my current weight and am ready to move down the scale. Glad you get your stitches out soon. Great job on saying no more.

Peru: sorry I wasn't on yesterday, Sundays are a hard day for me. I didn't get anything done I was supposed to.
    You and I can do this!!!! I put the Atkins ap on my phone...great tool for counting carbs. LOL

Danksa: glad you are enjoying family. One day of china buffet won't hurt you, but the sodium is horrible..just know that and don't get discouraged. drink lots of water to flush your system.

Jackie: great job on passing the junk...I ate yours and mine.LOL

Okay gals have a busy week, have to get started. School starts in most districts today, expecting yucky traffic.

Cbabie
  • jackie_van_d
    Managed to get a 5km walk in before this rotten cold sidelined me today. Won't be doing to much of anything tomorrow if this headache persists.
  • theslightedgeforever
    quick check in Only goal I got today was here I am posting. better than nothing.
  • bugmom92
    bugmom92 Posts: 74 Member
    Sorry I've been MIA. You know that happens for only 2 reasons. I didn't have a convention this weekend, so it must have been because I've been doing horribly looking like a train wreck. Back on track. Back on track in a major way here in my house. Need to get the hubby and daughter on board or I just can't do it myself anymore. So tomorrow we're having a food meeting.
    I missed you all, and I'd think about coming here, and then I just felt guilty and stayed away. Talk about confession time, right Slightedge? lol.
    Tomorrow my daughter and hubby and I are going to the beach/pier to walk and hunt Pokemon. We're going to eat lunch or dinner at Trejo's Tacos...we've been wanting to go since they opened...they have gluten free, vegan, etc tacos. I've heard it's really good. You know Danny Trejo, the actor? He opened this restaurant in West L A. He played the character "Machete" in Spy Kids movies, and plays a bad guy a lot. I'll let you know how it is.
    I'll be back tomorrow (later today? lol... it's 1:30 am).
    Have a great Tuesday everyone!
    Karla :-)
  • cbabie
    Morning gals: It's Tuesday!!!

Well I stayed on the low carb plan yesterday. You know I don't feel as hungry. I noticed the carbs make me more tired and spastic. However, I feel water on my body this morning. I will see how I feel after my daily coffee intake. :)

slightedge: sorry your having an off day, but so glad you posted!!! It's just a day, not a lifetime.

Peru: Where are you? I am concerned, even if you aren't eating the way you want, we are still here! :)

Karla: Yes I knew why you weren't here, I will always give you breathing room, but I won't let you wrap that noose to tight around your neck before I go to FB and message you. LOL Let us know how the tacos are...Also hope the family meeting goes well..My DH hated those, he was always the bad guy. LOL

Jackie: glad you got your walk in, I hope you feel better today!

Dankas: hope all is well with you.

Okay gals, I have a vendor in at work all week, meetings, lunches, etc. So I am hoping I can stay on track. He leaves Thursday.

Goals for today;
    walk as much as possible.
    eat as little carbs as possible
    sleep 5 hours tonight
    64 oz water.

Lets see how I do, report in the morning.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Grrrrr lost my post

So this will be short

Karla post daily no matter what even if that's the only goal you met for the day.

cbabie yaaaay on following your plan

goals met today

posted
    tracked but over carbs
    exercised- 22 min of pool jogging

• cbabie
    It's Wednesday!!!

We are missing some of our friends..I am feeling neglected.. LOL

Okay, so a trigger yesterday was DH....I ate JIF "because I wanted it" and then that led to the candy orange slices..so now I know I can't eat either...

Otherwise I did okay on my goals...today not so sure running out of time for my walk, but going to try.

I am worn today!!! most likely the sugar and my life..

Great job slightedge on your goals.

Peru, Karla, dankas, where are you!!

See you guys later..gotta run

Cbabie
  • jackie_van_d
    Day 3 of bug. Even water makes my stomach turn
    Willing to share
  • theslightedgeforever
    cbabie You know in some books and articles I've read for a successful journey get rid of your triggers :)

jackie Sorry you are still feeling bad On the bright side you won't be gaining this week

posted
    tracked met carb goal
    yogurt and blueberries

• dankas001
    Hope your feeling better soon xx over did with buffet king but ate well within my points yesterday i was following pro.points but signed up yesterday so getting head around smart points hope everyones well kate xx
  • cbabie
    Thursday morning! How are you guys? Well I am working on gaining it seems.. :) I need to rethink, but no time today. so I have my cheese sticks, my 2 boiled eggs, my tuna, my protein shake, my servings of peanuts, cashews, almonds...so out the door I go. I am looking hard at how to stop this CYCLE..

Cbabie
  • dankas001
    good choices cbabie xx i re signed for 3 months with ww i wa previously following pro points so learning all about smartpoints think im going to try n cut back with carbs & ill aim for 11000 steps a day fingers crossed kate x