New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• kirstenb13
    kirstenb13 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    besee_2000 wrote: »
    You guys are either the best or the worst influences. *Races to the car to go to Target* Pancakes? Check! Oreos? Check! M&M's? Check! Yogurt? Check! Ice Cream? Check!

Haha, yeah, I'm like that too now. And target is definitely the worst.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Probably not new, but new to me since I live in the middle of nowhere and have just started seeing these. I currently have the salted caramel cluster and the snickerdoodle in my freezer. I was so skeptical, expecting them to be subpar...and I was so wrong...

8s6meeadhhgm.jpg

The chocolate cookies and cream is amazing!

Thanks to you all, I just bought the salted caramel one. Can't wait to try it!

I have a hard not eating the whole pint...it's soo good. I haven't seen the cookies and cream one yet, but I'm on the lookout now.
    Hopefully you enjoy it! The Snickerdoodle one has cookie pieces in it. My b/f and I fought over it last night..haha.

I bought the Snickerdoodle pint and devoured half the thing and had to force myself to stop. The next day I found out my father, who used to always say how anything dairy free was disgusting, finished off the pint on me. It's that good.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    Probably not new, but new to me since I live in the middle of nowhere and have just started seeing these. I currently have the salted caramel cluster and the snickerdoodle in my freezer. I was so skeptical, expecting them to be subpar...and I was so wrong...

8s6meeadhhgm.jpg

if i have these in the house they do not survive the day ... soooooooooooo good ah
  • hgycta
    Options
    Devour's new Pulled Chicken Burrito Bowl. It was good, buI nothing great that I would get again. Honestly Taco Bell's cantina power bowl is a lot better!

i2t0qexkjugc.jpg
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    OK, I just had my first Lil Buff Bakery cake, baked in the rice cooker, topped off with 1.5 T of slightly-watered down black raspberry all-fruit on top.

All in all, pretty good! I would have taken a picture, but I forgot to grease the rice pot so I ended up with mangled pieces. (It didn't plump up like the pictures, but the cake was light and moist.). I think I'll use only 1T of all-fruit next time--it made everything tremendously sweet.

I'm waiting for the Kodiak Cakes chocolate/peanut butter combo pack to be back in stock on Amazon, and then I'm going to try baking those in the rice cooker.

I've missed cake since I've begun this process; it's exciting I might be able to have an alternative. :smile:

I'm so jealous you got to try it in the rice cooker!!!! You don't live near a Target that sells those flavor Kodiak Cakes mix though? I'd imagine it would be so much more expensive on Amazon!

Target has them? I'll try tomorrow!

Yes that's the only place that sells the chocolate or peanut butter versions.

Update: I made a peanut butter Kodiak cake (w/ Lil Buff Bakery additions: unsweetened applesauce, egg whites, and almond milk) and baked in a rice cooker with 1 T of slightly-watered down black raspberry all-fruit.

If you're looking for sweet bakery cake, this isn't it. However, it is filling and quite tasty in its own right! I'm going to add a throw of mini chocolate chips next round. (pics to come). I think it's a keeper.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    A14QfheOn9L._SY679_.jpg

I bought these at Costco, but I decided after doing the math that they were not worth it and am taking them back. I figured that the pancakes I make myself are basically the same number of calories and grams of fiber. Less protein, but I always eat egg whites or skyr with my pancakes so sort of a wash. They tasted OK, but I can't see paying 6 to 7 times more for these than I can make them myself!

IMG_2975.jpg

I found these in one of the clearance endcaps at Target. Both my husband and I agreed that they were not very good. Another disappointing s'mores inspired product.

95102272-50e5-44ac-8d12-c2c88539e4aa_1.a8a6b8a2398a86067bae60e2c9e2ff5c.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

This syrup is OK. I did end up adding some additional maple flavoring to it and that helped. Holds no candle to real grade B maple syrup, but will do when you need to watch the calories. I mean 15 cals a serving compared to 210 is no real contest.
  • CrabNebula
    Options

8s6meeadhhgm.jpg

I think I will have to pick up the salted caramel cluster on Thursday!
  • CrabNebula
    Options
    My husband and I found a winning dessert combo recently.

Take:

3212_03.jpg

and fill with:

o.jpg

or

Nutella.png

and mini chocolate chips or smashed Oreo minis (if you like, worth it, for the record...)

and it is INCREDIBLE.

There is something about the texture of the wrap when combined with either the reconstituted peanut butter or Nutella that makes it taste so amazing. I had to smack my husband away from eating my whole bag of wraps. Too bad they are so expensive. I found them at Fred Meyer a few weeks ago for 2.99 and backed the truck up. Now I am down to my last bag already. :(
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great idea about the Ole wrap and PB powder - i will definitely be trying this one out soon!
  • hgycta
    Options
    Just tried the new salted caramel criss-croissant from IHOP and it exceeded my expectations, so flaky, sweet, and delicious! 570 calories so not the most diet friendly food but it was pretty filling so hey, it might beat their pancakes! Definitely recommend trying if anyone is going soon!

7g7aab5nqo9e.jpg
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    200r9cl.png
    These are really good. It's a big oreo behind cookies and cream ice cream coated in white chocolate. Small, 150 calories each, but very yummy.

w6tv74.jpg
    These taste like cinnamon sugar cereal (if you've ever had cinnabon cereal or the brown sugar cinnamon Special K protein cereal, that's exactly what these taste like). I liked them, but wasn't amazed by them. I would eat them again if someone put them in front of me, but wouldn't go out of my way to get them.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    200r9cl.png
    These are really good. It's a big oreo behind cookies and cream ice cream coated in white chocolate. Small, 150 calories each, but very yummy.

w6tv74.jpg
    These taste like cinnamon sugar cereal (if you've ever had cinnabon cereal or the brown sugar cinnamon Special K protein cereal, that's exactly what these taste like). I liked them, but wasn't amazed by them. I would eat them again if someone put them in front of me, but wouldn't go out of my way to get them.

Good to know.

I don't like Chips Ahoys at all so I'm never really tempted by their new ones...
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I would want to pick them up because i love Oreo thins so dang much but ive got myself busy with three Oreo flavors to try.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    CrabNebula wrote: »

3212_03.jpg

Ohhh how I wish we had these in Canada or something remotely close to these.

We have so many brands of low carb wraps here!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    CrabNebula wrote: »

3212_03.jpg

Ohhh how I wish we had these in Canada or something remotely close to these.
    Do they have Flat Out in Canada? I honestly don't like Ole tortillas :s

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Just tried the new salted caramel criss-croissant from IHOP and it exceeded my expectations, so flaky, sweet, and delicious! 570 calories so not the most diet friendly food but it was pretty filling so hey, it might beat their pancakes! Definitely recommend trying if anyone is going soon!

7g7aab5nqo9e.jpg

How is that only 570 calories? I would assume that anything that looks like that would probably be twice as many. How large was it? (ETA: I can see the banana slices for scale but that still seems so big for 570 calories of straight sugar...drool.)
  • bmmacintyre
    bmmacintyre Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Some of my favs are Fage Greek Yogurt 2% with Cherry - I swear it tastes like Cherry Cheesecake.
    Fiber One oats and chocolate bar - Tastes just like a chocolate chip oatmeal cookie to me.
    Trader Joe's roasted seaweed snacks - these were OK, and considering just 90 calories per container pretty nutritious