New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I'm down with high protein chocolate pudding. Find it and report please. :)

So I bought a pint of the Halo Top ice cream y'all rave about in here. They only had 2 flavors left...vanilla bean, which is fine by me and the mint, which was not. :)

Soooo I couldn't resist a little taste when I got home and.....yes please. I'm not an Arctic Zero hater but that tended to taste more like ice milk. Halo Top was pretty darned creamy!

The calories are good and it would probably be awesome with some chocolate protein powder mixed in like I used to do with real ice cream and Nestle's Quik.

But there will be no full pint in one shot for me because the sugar alcohols were a bit too high for one serving and I didn't think to check for that in the store.

Good choice on not eating a whole pint at once. Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything...
  • tristen_leigh
    tristen_leigh Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Finally tried Oreo thins... TOO good. I prefer golden Oreos over the original and I think I actually might prefer the thins to the regular. So weird!

I wasn't expecting them to taste exactly like the regular ones but they do, just way thinner. And I like that I can have more than just 2 or 3.
  • Francl27
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried these yet? Got an email from shop rite with a coupon for it... I'm all over it and will be checking the store for them this week...

chocolate-details.jpg

Comes in coffee, peanut butter, and banana/honey.

I found them. Disappointing. The erythritol flavor is just too strong for me and the texture just isn't thick enough for 'pudding'. And it's too expensive (it was $1.69 a cup full price). For the calories, two Yasso chocolate fuge bars would be more satisfying I think. I won't try the other flavors because they don't appeal to me. I will eat them (I had a coupon for $1 off 4, so I got 4), but I won't buy them again. Bummer.

Now these...

filled-cupcake-oreo.jpg

Not bad. Nothing amazing though and they don't really taste different than regular chocolate oreos to me (I did twist off the top and licked the inside but it just tastes like regular oreo cream inside regular chocolate oreo creme).

Still have no doubt that they will get eaten, lol.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried these yet? Got an email from shop rite with a coupon for it... I'm all over it and will be checking the store for them this week...

chocolate-details.jpg

I found them. Disappointing. The erythritol flavor is just too strong for me and the texture just isn't thick enough for 'pudding'. And it's too expensive (it was $1.69 a cup full price). For the calories, two Yasso chocolate fuge bars would be more satisfying I think. I won't try the other flavors because they don't appeal to me. I will eat them (I had a coupon for $1 off 4, so I got 4), but I won't buy them again. Bummer.

That's so disappointing, what flavor did you try? I was so excited for the coffee or peanut butter flavor, I may still have to go to Shoprite and see if my taste buds are somehow immune to erythritol from all the amounts of it I've consumed in Halo Top.
    I know that Vitamin Shoppe has a BodyTech brand powdered protein pudding mix in vanilla and chocolate, and MHP has a protein pudding PowerPak also in vanilla and chocolate, I've had both but it was so long ago and I can't remember if they were good or not, but I think I was really impressed with BodyTech. You may want to check those out!!
  • Francl27
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

chocolate-details.jpg

That's so disappointing, what flavor did you try? I was so excited for the coffee or peanut butter flavor, I may still have to go to Shoprite and see if my taste buds are somehow immune to erythritol from all the amounts of it I've consumed in Halo Top.
    I know that Vitamin Shoppe has a BodyTech brand powdered protein pudding mix in vanilla and chocolate, and MHP has a protein pudding PowerPak also in vanilla and chocolate, I've had both but it was so long ago and I can't remember if they were good or not, but I think I was really impressed with BodyTech. You may want to check those out!!

I wasted too much money on Trutein pudding mix... way too sweet. I guess that's the thing I liked about this pudding, the sweetness was just right. But that's one of the reasons I'm so scared of trying other kind of 'pudding' protein powders...

I tried the chocolate one, I don't care for PB if there's no chocolate involved and don't like banana things.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    These aren't new, but they are new to me. Crunchy and nice. I love the fact that a serving is 6 pieces for 150 calories.

Photo%2B12-26-159%2B41%2B23%2BAM.jpg
    Photo%2B12-26-153%2B01%2B12%2BPM.jpg

• Francl27
    Options
    These aren't new, but they are new to me. Crunchy and nice. I love the fact that a serving is 6 pieces for 150 calories.

Photo%2B12-26-159%2B41%2B23%2BAM.jpg
    Photo%2B12-26-153%2B01%2B12%2BPM.jpg

I've had those! Tasty.
  • HelloAgainJen
    HelloAgainJen Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Those look good!!!

Has anyone these yet?

16628531?wid=410&hei=410

Grabbed one while I was at Target. but I don't have the calories for it yet...

My second favorite Luna bar, behind Blueberry Bliss (which I have not been able to find lately). Even my 3 year will eat 1/2 bar thinking its a treat.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Those look good!!!

Has anyone these yet?

16628531?wid=410&hei=410

Grabbed one while I was at Target. but I don't have the calories for it yet...

My second favorite Luna bar, behind Blueberry Bliss (which I have not been able to find lately). Even my 3 year will eat 1/2 bar thinking its a treat.

Yes I ended up eating it and I liked it much better than the chocolate hazelnut ones. Actually did remind me somewhat of a cupcake.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options

I tried the chocolate one, I don't care for PB if there's no chocolate involved and don't like banana things.

Oh man, so no peanut butter and banana sandwiches? VERY calorie dense so I don't do those anymore but recently had a corn thin (it's half the height of a rice cake) with some whipped peanut butter and banana and...ohhhh yeah. :)

Too bad about the pudding tho. And I'll probably still end up buying the cupcake oreos even tho I was resisting in the first place.

• Triplestep
    Triplestep Posts: 239 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm down with high protein chocolate pudding. Find it and report please. :)
    Me, too! I have found a lot of yogurts I like, but deep down, I am really wishing they were pudding :smile:

ETA: Just read your follow up; bummer.

• fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    got the filled cupcake oreo.. meh. its nothing special and the filling doesnt remind me of the filling in cupcakes. Kinda dissapointed.. will eat every single one ha.
  • glassyo
    Options
    We could have a real cupcake for the calories of 2 cookies....
  • Francl27
    Options

Where do you find a 140 calorie cupcake? lol.
  • glassyo
    Options

LOL close enough. The multi packs are 160 aren't they?

And yum to that pic! But they look so small. :(
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    4 of those = one whole cupcake in my brain ha.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    got the filled cupcake oreo.. meh. its nothing special and the filling doesnt remind me of the filling in cupcakes. Kinda dissapointed.. will eat every single one ha.

Will skip these!
  • Francl27
    Options

LOL close enough. The multi packs are 160 aren't they?

And yum to that pic! But they look so small. :(

Yeah but grocery store cupcakes... not worth it!