New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    CokUSs5W8AAap6z.jpg:large
    Got whole box in some promotion of all the flavors, will review other ones when I get to them.

Vanilla almond.. I really really liked the texture and taste. No aftertaste. Not very almond tasting but pretty good would buy 7/10. I like better than the vanilla almond old formula quest bars, but those weren't on my favorite list. I feel like vanilla almond is always a pretty boring flavor so thats why not 8+ stars. I prefer chocolaty bars ;), eager to try the rest!

How's the texture??? Have you tried the Kirkland bars yet? You'd love them!
    I really liked the texture. Was in the middle of a quest bar and a oh yeah one! bar. It wasn't out of this world fantastic, but was very good and I'd eat again. I am waiting until the chocolate and other flavors come in though because I feel like almond/vanilla flavors are boring in general lol.

@hgycta I really liked it, maybe because I was really hungry at the time lol that tends to make things taste really good no matter what. I agree, they weren't filling at all. I don't find softer bars as filling as the chewier/denser ones. It was more of a cookie/banana bread texture. I tried the cookies and cream one and didn't like that one was just okay. Combat crunch are really popular, I always hear about them. I only like the outer coating of combat crunch bars though, not a fan of the chewy insides.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    Thank whoever(s) suggested this:

scc-big.png

This is the first time I have tried non-dairy frozen desserts and it is SO GOOD. I could be a vegan. I'll just sit and eat these all day until I can audition as first vegan on My 600lb Life.

I just tried the Cashew milk Snickerdoodle yesterday, and I ate the entire pint. I'm not such a huge fan of the salted caramel, but the chocolate cookies and cream and the Snickerdoodle ones are seriously better than many ice creams I've had. I can't say that about most non-dairy "ice cream"!
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

scc-big.png

This is the first time I have tried non-dairy frozen desserts and it is SO GOOD. I could be a vegan. I'll just sit and eat these all day until I can audition as first vegan on My 600lb Life.

Hahaha, after I posted about it here, I took a pint of this and a pint of the Snickerdoodle to work for someone..and I think she hates me now! She's already off buying more.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

scc-big.png

I just tried the Cashew milk Snickerdoodle yesterday, and I ate the entire pint. I'm not such a huge fan of the salted caramel, but the chocolate cookies and cream and the Snickerdoodle ones are seriously better than many ice creams I've had. I can't say that about most non-dairy "ice cream"!
    You know, I would agree. I've bought several different kinds of the non dairy, including the almond milk, soy milk, and rice milk, and none have grabed me quite like thsee have.
    Now it's making me hold out hope that DQ might one day offer a snickerdoodle blizzard...
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    7jccyg1cqxht.png

Tried frosted cinnamon roll: tasted pretty much exactly like oh yeah one! cinnamon roll lol. I would have to compare side by side to tell a difference. I liked the icing coating these had. They were very very soft so not filling like quest or other bars. 8/10
    ajn3xy7o5egq.png

Also tried the cookie dough. Was surprised this bar had a totally different texture than the cinnamon roll! It was like a super super soft quest bar (like the new pure protein plus bars but even softer). I liked the taste, but was not amazing. I need to try the atkins ones because after quests, I haven't found anything close to as good. Had a few crunches in there. A little too soft for my liking. Felt like I was swallowing gum almost. I think it would be perfect if it was a little less smooshy and had a bit more chocolate chips. 6/10 I got a whole box so I will be eating again. Prob would buy, might try putting in fridge for a bit next time to make it more dense.

Chocololate brownie was same texture as cinnamon roll but a bit harder. It immediately reminded me of the little debbie cosmic brownies I used to eat as a kid. Really had the "brownie" flavor as opposed to the regular super strong chocolatey flavor most "brownie" flavored bars have. Good but not amazing. I like the power bar triple threat caramel brownie better. Might buy again, I will have to see if they grow on m since I have a whole box lol. 6.5/10
    k37xnvv6fj75.png

Overall I really like these bars because they have no weird aftertaste (I think because they use stevia and iso-IMOs as the fiber) opposed to corn fiber and sucralose.

• nisilap
    nisilap Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Be careful w those flips and Chobani in general- the amount of sugar in Thor creates a massive insulin spike- kinda defeats the purpose
  • Shellanfit
    Shellanfit Posts: 261 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I tried a new protein shake drink I like 43034li9zjh8.png
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    nisilap wrote: »
    Be careful w those flips and Chobani in general- the amount of sugar in Thor creates a massive insulin spike- kinda defeats the purpose

Yeah I avoid those on days when I'm more likely to have blood sugar issues. Otherwise... don't care!
  • jjoe38
    jjoe38 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    [quote=
  • nisilap
    nisilap Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Losing weight...decreasing cravings...seriously?
    Being overweight is a health issue
    And sugar is a major contributor to obesity- and being overweight, which is why most of us are here
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    7jccyg1cqxht.png

Tried frosted cinnamon roll: tasted pretty much exactly like oh yeah one! cinnamon roll lol. I would have to compare side by side to tell a difference. I liked the icing coating these had. They were very very soft so not filling like quest or other bars. 8/10
    ajn3xy7o5egq.png

Also tried the cookie dough. Was surprised this bar had a totally different texture than the cinnamon roll! It was like a super super soft quest bar (like the new pure protein plus bars but even softer). I liked the taste, but was not amazing. I need to try the atkins ones because after quests, I haven't found anything close to as good. Had a few crunches in there. A little too soft for my liking. Felt like I was swallowing gum almost. I think it would be perfect if it was a little less smooshy and had a bit more chocolate chips. 6/10 I got a whole box so I will be eating again. Prob would buy, might try putting in fridge for a bit next time to make it more dense.

Chocololate brownie was same texture as cinnamon roll but a bit harder. It immediately reminded me of the little debbie cosmic brownies I used to eat as a kid. Really had the "brownie" flavor as opposed to the regular super strong chocolatey flavor most "brownie" flavored bars have. Good but not amazing. I like the power bar triple threat caramel brownie better. Might buy again, I will have to see if they grow on m since I have a whole box lol. 6.5/10
    k37xnvv6fj75.png

Overall I really like these bars because they have no weird aftertaste (I think because they use stevia and iso-IMOs as the fiber) opposed to corn fiber and sucralose.

Just received a sample of the frosted cinnamon roll in the mail today, I couldn't agree more with your review! Thanks for reviewing the others!!!
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    It's that time of year again....
    ryoezu98oa6v.jpg
    specialknutrigrain.jpg?w=680

I can't believe all the stores already are rolling out the pumpkin/halloween candy/fall stuff. Hope we get some new interesting products this year. I love the trader joe pumpkin in a bar bars so I bet I would love the nutrigrain.

I just bought 3 packs of the Trader Joe's Peanut Butter & jelly bars. I love them.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    I don't like pumpkin spice. Wake me when everything's red and green for Christmas. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I still have some of my pumpkin spice stuff from last year, lol. But we're having 100+ degree heat and I'm just NOT in the mood for that.

I also don't like pumpkin SPICE. I like pumpkin. Pumpkin spice stuff without actual pumpkin is an abomination.
  • sfa90
    sfa90 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    dvotr03q5l9o.jpg

Haha wow so many flavours. I live in Holland but never seen so many different kind of stroopwafels :(