New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I usually never go to GNC because they're more expensive than the Vitamin Shoppe, but I happened to pass one yesterday so I went in to check for the Quest Cookies & Cream Protein Powder and walked out with two sample packets (the last two)! I was super excited, but today after trying it I'm super disappointed. I normally adore Quest's protein powders but this was by far the least impressive Cookies & Cream protein powder I think I've ever had. The ingredients, as I mentioned, were different (now has erythritol). but it just isn't as sweet or indulgent like their other flavors. Thank goodness I got the sample packets, this will be the first flavor I don't buy in a tub from them. I really hope they're not reformulating their protein powders now, too.
  • MAB0218
    MAB0218 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I tried the Oikos Gingerbread last week, I liked it (but again, I love most Oikos stuff, just don't find it filling enough for the calories). Can't find it anymore though.

Had to google Dannon Greek triple zero. Interesting. I like that it's sweetened with stevia and 120 calories, 15g of protein and 5g of fiber is the bomb. Will have to try it!

I had the Triple Zero strawberry. Good, but I think maybe a little bit of a weird aftertaste. I'll have to try some of the other flavors to give a definitive opinion.

I use the triple zeros in my morning protein shakes with frozen fruit a scoop of whey protein and 8oz of unsweatened almond milk or soy milk. Yum. I dont like the fake sugar after taste and I dont get that taste when i put it in a smoothie.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Has anyone found the Ben and Jerry's non dairy yet? I've checked many stores but they don't seem to be here yet.
  • cakesandcats
    cakesandcats Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Totally been stalking this thread for ages, but just now realized that I actually have some stuff to post. Not sure how new these are to the market, so these may or may not be moot.

Habanero_new_package_front.jpg?v=1438837942
    Biena Habanero Chickpeas: I picked these up at Target and absolutely loved them. They're crispy and deliciously spicy and come with the added bonus of a super short ingredient list. The brand also produces other flavors like Sea Salt, Honey Roasted, Ranch, BBQ, and Cinnamon. I ate them straight out of the packet (or rather, out of a little cup I weighed them in), but I bet they'd be great in salads or soups, too.

jalapeno-500x500.png
    Pop Art Gourmet Jalapeno Cheddar Popcorn: Not sure where these are typically sold, since I found them in a little cafe on my college campus, but I was super into these. The pack is small enough to munch through in a sitting without a whole lot of calories, and are flavorful enough to feel like a lot more than just popcorn. I've also tried the Thai Coconut Curry, but wasn't as fond of that as I was the Jalapeno Cheddar. Might be because I'm not a huge fan of Thai curry, though, so take that with a grain of salt. It also comes in Tandoori Yogurt, Nori Sesame, Rosemary Truffle, and White Pepper Parmesan, which I haven't gotten a chance to try yet. :c

1432836699658_black%20cherry%20bbq%2092g%20front.300w.jpg
    Krave Black Cherry Barbecue Pork Jerky: Currently munching on this. Pretty happy with it; it's soft and chewy instead of hard and tough, and though I'm not sure where the "black cherry" bit comes in, the flavor is super nice, too. Also got them at the cafe on campus, which also has the Chili Lime Beef Jerky and Sweet Chipotle Beef Jerky, which I think I might go back and try out. Website also lists Basil Citrus and Lemon Garlic Turkey Jerky, Grilled Sweet Teriyaki Pork Jerky, and Pineapple Orange Beef Jerky.
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Has anyone found the Ben and Jerry's non dairy yet? I've checked many stores but they don't seem to be here yet.

No, but if they are released in your area, you can use this: http://www.benjerry.com/flavors/non-dairy
    Just click "find me" for whatever flavor and enter your zip code to see if it's around
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    quote="mathandcats;35463646"]Has anyone found the Ben and Jerry's non dairy yet? I've checked many stores but they don't seem to be here yet.[/quote]

No, but if they are released in your area, you can use this: http://www.benjerry.com/flavors/non-dairy
    Just click "find me" for whatever flavor and enter your zip code to see if it's around[/quote]

None here, also checked the website.... Closest I have seen on there was Chicago in one of their stores.... Not driving almost 3 hrs each way
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

I bought all flavors at wegmans but have yet to try, I will post when I do!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    cdudley628 wrote: »

Just click "find me" for whatever flavor and enter your zip code to see if it's around

This says they are no where around me by but I just bought at wegmans haah. if you have wegmans in your area I would search on their website to see if they have at your wegmans because it doesn't come up in that B&J search engine.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    I've bought the cinnamon Biena chickpeas snack at Target and really liked them. They're one of those dangerous foods that's so easy to stick your hand in the bag and grab a handful.
  • magicalamanda
    magicalamanda Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Aldi sells boxes of frozen pre-cooked mussels and I love them!!!!
  • Cheryl7777
    Cheryl7777 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    cta;34389174"]
    Francl27 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    1nan0t8f42sw.jpg
    Last dessert! Brownie: Much stronger cocoa taste than the chocolate glazed cookie! It was also a perfect consistency, felt just like a fudge brownie and was dense! That being said, it also had a stronger chemical/bitter taste to it and I'm far from feeling satisfied.
    My final opinion: great company, will be back for breads/bagels and occasionally an unglazed cookie/muffin or two. Eat in moderation due to high fiber, and each serving is generally more than listed serving size in grams, so more calories than label (though still considerably low).

Bummer. Still looking for the elusive satisfying low calorie brownie, lol!

when I want some I go there :)[/quote]

• mathandcats
    Options
    I finally got around to trying the Private Selection lemon aussie style yogurt (aka Noosa knockoff). I've not tried Noosa, so I can't say how they compare, but this one is definitely nice and creamy. The lemon is sweeter than I expected, with very little tartness. It's not my favourite lemon yogurt ever (that goes to Liberte back in Canada), but it's good. I will probably buy it again, and perhaps try some of the other flavours if I see a sale!

I just ate the other half of the container. I'll add this: if you have a craving for lemon meringue pie, you could probably spice this up to satisfy it. The lemony stuff on the bottom is really quite sweet (not surprising when you see there's 39g of sugar in the container!) and definitely reminds me of lemon pie filling. Top it with some graham cracker bits or something, perhaps?
  • mathandcats
    Options
    I picked up some single protein bars at GNC yesterday. I'm not a big Combat Crunch fan, but since they were buy 3 get 1 free, I picked up one of the birthday cake ones. It was tasty! It didn't remind me of birthday cake *at all*, but it had an interesting citrus flavour (I guess the sprinkles?) with a nice vanilla base. I might buy a box, since there's a BOGO 50% off sale at GNC this weekend!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Starbucks came out with a new Butterscotch latte I really want to try, but when I went to their website to find the nutrition for it I came across two other beverages which I'm surprised they haven't marketed at all yet: Dark Chocolate Melted Truffle Mocha and a Milk Chocolate Melted Truffle Mocha. Both are espresso poured over actual truffles and finished with steamed milk. Neither come with whipped cream it looks like, but the truffles definitely add more calories. Still, for 330 calories for a grande I definitely have to try it soon. If anyone beats me to it I'd love to hear what you think!
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    s8s0ojck1xi6.jpeg
    its not new but ive never had it and i LOVE it. But i am a umm.. wh*re for anything caramel or peanut or salty ha.
  • tristen_leigh
    tristen_leigh Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    While checking out at Market Street with my Oreo Thins, the cashier told me that they aren't on the shelf yet but they have LEMON CREAM Oreo Thins coming soon. Not everyone is a lemon person, but I definitely am so I am STOKED. Yum!

Anyone had these yet or even heard this news?? I usually get the new Oreo scoop from this thread but I haven't heard anything here or I just missed it. :smile:
  • mathandcats
    Options
    While checking out at Market Street with my Oreo Thins, the cashier told me that they aren't on the shelf yet but they have LEMON CREAM Oreo Thins coming soon. Not everyone is a lemon person, but I definitely am so I am STOKED. Yum!

Anyone had these yet or even heard this news?? I usually get the new Oreo scoop from this thread but I haven't heard anything here or I just missed it. :smile:

I didn't know about the thins, but the lemon Oreos are great! I can find them at Vons and some Targets.